manyo's 2018 Tecmo Challenge Season: CROWDSOURCING REQUESTED

manYo

GREASE ME UP, WOMAN! cuz once again it is that TIME!............... TIME to oil up, go down to the olde 8-Bit River and find some Tecmo Gods to wrestle......... aka, TIME to get up, get down, and <hopefully> play out of my goddamn mind vs. the always nefarious and, at times, inscrutably difficult CPU.......... aka, TIME for my annual Xmas time Tecmo Challenge Season: in which I play my ass off over the course of one massively self-(over)HYPED season of tecmo, which could only ever end in one of two possible ways: (1) with a BANG, as my team hews an epic road to eternal Super Bowl-winning glory, OR! <insert ominous sounding music here> (2) with a WHIMPER, as my team melodramatically perishes in the attempt [thats right, bubba: NO RESETS!]........ *albeit* a season with unique self-imposed rules (aka "challenges") to bump the difficulty level up, ideally also serving to amplify the season's narrative potential, all or some of the results of which (game recaps, box scores, vids, streams, etc.) will be recorded here on tborg for the record, for posterity, and for mass entertainment (ok, mostly my own navel-gazing entertainment, i admit, but maybe gonick will check in with a wry comment or two somewhere down the line... we could all be so lucky!).

Past episodes of Tecmo Challenge Seasons I have conducted include: The JJ Magical Mystery Tour, The Pagel Bites Challenge, The Mudbone Challenge, an Eric Dickerson one (which I may have never finished) and a handful more, at least some of which have been recorded here on tborg somewhere.

But the main point of this here thread is precisely this: YOU CREATE MY CHALLENGE. Tell me what players, limitations, or whatever you want me to take on for this year's season, and I will accept them if they tickle my fancy..... so, CALLING ALL IDEAS! lets hear them....... oh, and by the way, I will be playing on an Everdrive, so edited players, teams, hacks, etc. are all OPEN SEASON.

Lastly, I will start playing on xmas day and finish by the end of the year, so I have a week as of this post to gather and consolidate ideas........

~mahalo, tecmigos!

awesome possum! keep em coming fellas, cuz now i am committing myself to incorporate ALL the ideas posted in this thread into my Challenge Season (post deadline: dec. 24)... yes, even Grogan and the Bullet Challenge will become compatible once i toss them into my tecmo blender... just add a little tecmagination, an everdrive cart, and out comes a whole lotta FUN.

If you could, uh, put Chris Spielman at the Nose Guard position

and watch as he goes all Bobby Nelson on the bit

(ok - maybe he won't; but maybe that'll spark your own/ someone else's idea about what to do next around these parts ...)

Edited by Bolt

Make sure Riverboat Ron enters the flow, somehow

Lions-54-cut-on-head.jpg

"And I want Deion at ILB.

Dude's gotta learn how to tackle.

(Behind my silvery Honolulu-blue ass.)"

-- NG, Cold Cold ChriSp

Also, have Bruce Smith hiding out in the defensive-backfield someplace (FS?), sporting a DB # (24?), but with his same B. Smith stats:

and every pass-play (that you use him, at least), he MUST rush the passer - even if from a distance - because he's Bruce Smith, and he does B. S. things

and there we have it: THE TECMO ON ACID CHALLENGE #001

--Elway and Grogan will be my quarterbacks, who plays at any given time will be coach's decision, but they are expected to put team first and egos second, that has been made clear in a team mtg tonite... every play we must either pass it before 3 tecmo seconds elapses (hike and strike) OR pass/run it with qb after thirty tecmo seconds elapse... so calling pass plays ONLY this season

--gonna try and use the random playbook hack

--franchise will be KC CHEEFS... rest of offense will be Indy RBs (except Anthony Johnson traded to DAL for Tommie Agee), Indy WTs (except Mobley traded to SEA for Ron Heller), SEA OL (w/ Fightin' Feasel upgraded to 69hp)

--defense will be Indy defense, except... Spielman at NT, Deion at LB2 (freDD moved to LB3 to collect picked play sacks), Bruce at DB4 (but if manned Bruce can only blitz, no coverage)

--never punt, field goals are optional

--will think on a few more hacks to throw in there as well, need to catch up on whatever bru has been cooking lately

• 5 months later...