Minneapolis, MN - 1/5/2019 Minny MEETUP

8-bit

That's right, only 7 months left before Millard's Mayhem 4 kicks off. I'm organizing a local Minnesota - Twin Cities meetup for the baddest tecmo bowlers around the area. This ain't no major tournament, but calling all major tecmo ballers to come represent. This is a good chance to get some practice in before the next major tournament.

This will be a double elimination tournament with a $50 bounty on whoever can beat basement nemesis (2 time tecmo phx champ)

WHERE: Tin Shed Pizza, 12250 Zinran Ave, Savage, MN 55378

WHEN: SATURDAY January 5th 11am - 4pm

PLAYERS: 12 max

ENTRY FEE: FREE, $100 worth of bounty cash donated by 8-bit, plus some special tecmo prizes thanks to SammieSmith

STYLE: Double Elimination

Players:

1. 8-bit

2. Basement Nemesis ($50 Bounty x2)

3. Vikings Moe

4. Lakitu

5. Nostradamus

6. SammieSmith

7. Segathon

8. QB Browns 

9. Ryan

10. Juneau

Edited by 8-bit

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, sonofpatbeach said:

I will be up in eau Claire this weekend, and this would be a good excuse to get away from in laws (in my opinion, not theirs). Same comment as above re: the date.

So awesome. I have in-laws in Eau Claire as well (met my wife at school there). We'll have to connect next time we need a little break and grab a beer.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, vikingmoe02 said:

So awesome. I have in-laws in Eau Claire as well (met my wife at school there). We'll have to connect next time we need a little break and grab a beer.

Great idea!

@8-bit  -- any updates on tournament date? I think I could make this Saturday work, or perhaps Sunday.  Will try to talk @QB Browns into hosting me and playing too.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:13 AM, sonofpatbeach said:

Great idea!

@8-bit  -- any updates on tournament date? I think I could make this Saturday work, or perhaps Sunday.  Will try to talk @QB Browns into hosting me and playing too.

Hey @son_of_pat_beach It seems like we will be shooting for this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (1/5). I'm messaging @SammieSmith33 to see if we can get a date setup soon. Thanks for the interest man!

On 12/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, 8-bit said:

Hey @son_of_pat_beach It seems like we will be shooting for this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (1/5). I'm messaging @SammieSmith33 to see if we can get a date setup soon. Thanks for the interest man!

You might want to lock down a date...we couldn't land the Pizza Ranch before Christmas

The Tecmo Super Bowl Meetup is confirmed for this Saturday, January 5th. Come play some Tecmo Super Bowl for free and still have time to watch playoff football later in the afternoon/evening.

WHERE: Tin Shed Pizza, 12250 Zinran Ave, Savage, MN 55378

WHEN: SATURDAY January 5th 11am - 3:30pm

PLAYERS: 12 max

ENTRY FEE: FREE, $100 worth of bounty cash donated by 8-bit, plus some special tecmo prizes thanks to SammieSmith

STYLE: Double Elimination

Edited by 8-bit

• Knobbe changed the title to Minneapolis, MN - 1/5/2019 Minny MEETUP

Congrats to VikingsMoe for winning the meetup. QB Browns was hot beating Basement Nemesis and Sammie Smith and then lost to VikingsMoe on last play of the game and took 2nd. Thanks to everyone that showed up! See you all next time. 

https://challonge.com/jdrvogcn

Edited by 8-bit

Top 5 moments of the Minny Meet-Up:

1. @segathonsov and @SammieSmith33 simmed the entire regular season in order to call their matchup. They played the Super Bowl matchup that was simulated (RAI vs CHI) and played in regular season mode with injuries and season conditions and everything. Side Note: SF finished the season 8-8, lost the division to the Saints, and didn't make the playoffs...

2. When John simply laid the controller on the ground and looked for his opponents reaction in the middle of a play after throwing his patented "back shoulder" to the end zone. It was a touchdown, and he knew it. Well played @qb_browns!

3. My buddy, @RyanF actually winning a few games against some quality opponents! Maybe the light is starting to turn on???

4. @8-bit telling me he's been scouting and watching game film on me. I certainly appreciate the level of preparation!

5. Awesome to see @BasementNemisis's kids playing the game. Gotta recruit the next generation of Tecmoers!

Some other great moments were:

1. Winning 50 dollar bounty from Basement Nemesis.

2. @Segathon getting denied at Tin Shed when asking for a Busch Light then responding by saying “How do you guys stay in business.” There was plenty of Champagne flowing.

3. @VikingMoe not taking the Vikings when I chose Miami vs. Minnesota.  Totally took the funk out of my sail.  Just look at his name and tell me why he wouldn’t take the Vikings.  My nickname is SammieSmith33. My thinking I guess was way off. Just ridiculous.

4. Losing to @QB Browns on a blocked punt in the round robin.  Yes a blocked punt! My buddy Tony taps me on the should while hitting a and the next thing I know Jon has the ball and kicks an easy field goal.

5. Great seeing everyone.  It was a great spur of the moment Tourney.  Thanks to @8-bit for setting up.  Hopefully do another in March.

Edited by SammieSmith33