Running Plays vs. the COM Late in Season

Bad Moon Rison

The COM starts getting juiced if you rattle off 4-5 wins at the beginning of the season. That means a precipitous drop in an ability to run the ball well. I am currently using my "Worst Team" rom in which all my RBs like Kenneth Davis and Leroy Hoard have a starting MS of 25. I'm finding it almost impossible to run the ball.

However, I noticed that the "money" run plays like the Run & Shoot Sweep R (Run 3) seem to be no more effective than other runs. In fact, I think the R&S Sweep L is a little more consistent in gaining a few yards when the COM is juiced.  Do you know of any other plays that are good to use against the COM late in the season?

Basically any running playes up the middle. U have to be really nimble and follow ur blockers tho. It’s really tough eather way tho! But yeah I found basic running playes up the middle works the best tho for sure!

@BDN Are you talking about Run 2 T Power Dive? What happens if your offensive line is made up of scrubs? I abandoned the runs up the middle early in the season because the DL was getting to my RB just as he was being handed the ball. I can try again, but maybe I will try something like FB Offtackle L. While gaining yards with a crappy QB in the passing game isn't much better, it's worth the risk since you can pull off big chunks of yards. Getting a run of 10+ yards is a rarity.

Yeah Idk what some of the playes are at the moment but yeah it really only works later in the season when the cpu is stuffing ur outside runs! Up the middle playes are good for 4-6 yards a carry. Not great but gets the job done.

• 3 months later...