Lincoln, NE - 1/12/2019 - Tecmo Lincoln 9

Knobbe

Tecmo Lincoln 9 Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Posted Image

Signup - the bottom of this page

What: Tecmobowl.org Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament
Where: Lincoln, Nebraska @ Barry's Bar and Grill - http://barrysbarandgrill.com/ - Located in Downtown Lincoln in the Haymarket - 235 N. 9th St Lincoln, NE 
When: Saturday, Janurary 12th, 2019 - Tournament Check-in between 11-11:45am, game play to start at 11:45 am
How much does it cost? - $20. Pay at the event. If you want to paypal me hit me up via email. There is an ATM if you're the guy who never has cash.
Tournament Limit - Tourney will be capped at 64 players
Is there a payout? - Payout will be for the top 4 finishers based on the number of people that show up at the event. There will also be a bobblehead trophy and no matter what those guys from Iowa tell you I come up with this concept first ?
Will there be food? - Yes they have a great menu.

Format
Players will be assigned to a pool of 4 players and will play “World Cup Style”. Wins and then point differential will determine seeding for the single elimination tournament. Point Differential is capped at 28 points per game. The tournament will pay out for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th, respectively 50/30/15/5% from the entry fees. The champion will also receive a trophy.

Rules
"Madsion Rules" as originally defined by the group at "Tecmo Madison"

• Team Selection & Coin Toss:Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner can choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams) or defer the matchup choice to the coin-flip loser. If the winner chooses the matchup, the winner is given the P1 controller, and the loser chooses his choice of the two teams in the matchup. If the winner defers the matchup choice, the winner is given the P2 controller, the loser will then choose the matchup and the winner will select his choice of the two teams. In summary, the winner of the coin toss either gets P1 and choice of matchup or P2 and choice of teams.
  • “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
  • Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
  • WR or TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
  • Ties: Although ties are permitted in the tournament’s “group play” portion, such are not permitted in the single-elimination portion of the tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score in the new game is the winner.
  • Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Tournament Disputes: Matt Knobbe is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is a player in the disputed game, someone else will resolve the dispute.

1. Matt K. - Lincoln
2. Bryan P. - Lincoln NE
3. justin p. - fort dodge, ia
4. Chris W. - Omaha, NE
5. JEREMY S. - Iowa
6. Phil D. - Omaha, NE
7. Jacob H. - Greenwood, MO
8. Joe H. - Lincoln, NE
9. Randy W. - Lincoln, NE
10. John K. - Lincoln, Ne
11. David B. - Lincoln, NE
12. Jeff E. - Lincoln, NE
13. Travis R. - Lincoln, NE
14. Zach M. - Bryant, Arkansas
15. Berk B. - Omaha, NE
16. Nick S. - Omaha
17. Justin E. - Omaha, Nebraska
18. Scott W. - Fremont, NE
19. Andy S. - Lincoln
20. Ira M. - Florida
21. Jason R. - Lincoln
22. Craig P. - Lincoln
23. Andy M. - Omaha
24. Richie B. - Omaha
25. Paul E - Omaha

26. Josh D - Fargo

27. Matt T - Mizzou

28. Corey S - Iowa

The question/answer registration form has been slightly updated.

1. I have enough TVs to the point I shouldn't need to ask for TVs

2. I am planning to have the 4 players 2on2 Tecmo available via emulator and USB NES controllers for people to play on Friday and possibly on Saturday for people who are eliminated 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, moulds33 said:

I will buy everyone who beats me a shot, as is tradition. 

Good to see Ira signed up! 

Buck? Luke? Nick L? Where you at? (says the guy who hasn't shown in 3 years)

Buck and Luke let me know they couldn't make it. Not sure about Nick

On 1/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, moulds33 said:

I will buy everyone who beats me a shot, as is tradition. 

Good to see Ira signed up! 

Buck? Luke? Nick L? Where you at? (says the guy who hasn't shown in 3 years)

I agree! I cant wait to play that dude again he smoked me every time! Very much looking forward to coming and playing this weekend with hawkeye98!