Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets

Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders

Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

@Mike Gordan:           PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@TecmoSuperFanCAR, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@gojiphen malor:     PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@Knobbe:                 PIT, CIN, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@BigCat71:               PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@manYo720

@Miles Prower:       CAR, NO, CLE, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@drummer4god:     CAR, NO, CLE, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

Mike Gordan:  0-0 (89-45)

TecmoSuperFan:  0-0 (76-58)

gojiphen malor:  0-0 (87-47)

Knobbe:  0-0 (87-47)

BigCat71:  0-0 (81-53)

manYo720:  0-0 (40-94)

Miles Prower:  0-0 (74-60)

drummer4god:  0-0 (51-36)

Also bruddog and manYo720, can you at the very least try to get all your picks in on time this time?

Edit:  bruddog has officially dropped out of this thing.  Which means there are only eight of us left.  But if manYo720 misses yet another week, I will also retire his name for these Weekly Pick'ems--not that it matters since he's all but mathematically eliminated anyways (he has more losses than I do wins for crying out loud).

Edited by Mike Gordan

Sorry I made you re-add me after missing a week and now I've missed another which makes it basically pointless to continue. I focused on my spread pool where I can actually win money and did this week. 

My 2 cents:

Picking the games straight up isn't as interesting because the basic strategy is to pick the favorite is the consensus Vegas line favors them by4 or more for every game. Even when a team is favored by 3 pts you rarely want to pick the dog over the course of the season with a 3 pt favorite winning most of the time. This leaves you with just a handful of games that you even have to think about every week. If you are only trying to win a single week then the strategy might be different.

Also there is an advantage to just sitting and waiting to see who everyone picked.  

Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers > Panthers

New Orleans Saints @ Cincinnati Bengals > Saints

Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns > Falcons

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers > Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts > Colts

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears > Bears

Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs > Chiefs

New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans > Patriots

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers > Redskins

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets > Jets

Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders > Chargers

Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams > Rams

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles > Eagles

New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers> 49ers

Can't see a game where I can confidently say upset so faves on all: Pit, NO, Atl, GB, Indy, Chi, KC, NYJ, LAC, LAR, Phi, SF, NE (I call that matchup a reverse homecoming)

The one game that's pick 'em I see is Wsh @ TB - gonna take the home team on that

Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints @ Cincinnati Bengals

Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9UP0.gif

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Fuck. The Vikings are on their bye week.  Guess I'll have to work on that ROM of mine or some shit.

Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Cam Newton and the meme squad expose the shitty Steeler defense and Pittsburgh falls into mediocrity again for this week.

New Orleans Saints @ Cincinnati Bengals - The Saints continue to beat the shit out of the NFL harder than Burfict tries to break people's necks.

Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns - PLEASE SEND HELP THIS IS MILES' EDITOR WHY DOES HE KEEP BEATING ME AND FORCING ME TO MAKE TERRIBLE PICKS PLEASE CALL THE POLICE.

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers carries his team with more bullshit magic.  The End.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts - Excuse me while I vomit from looking at this game.  Andrew Luck manages to meme the Colts to a win and the Jags send an abandon ship warning.

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears - The Lions' offense is raped and pillaged to a level the Vikings displayed last week.  Again in the words of UrinatingTree, YOU'RE FUCKED.

Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs - See above quote.  YOU'RE FUCKED.  Chiefs win.

New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans - Brady destroys more shit because why not.

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Oh boy, the Skins vs the Tampon Gay Fuckaqueers.  The Redskins win because the Bucs are pure flaming shit.

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets - Why, Part 10: It's this shit, again.  Who.  The hell.  Cares?  >Jest win because fuck it.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders - Raiders win. 
I'm just fuckin' with ya', there is no goddamn way the Raiders win, considering how ass they are.  Enjoy the #1 Pick, Oakland! (And the team, while you can.)

Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams - The Rams may have lost last week, but this should be where they get back on a 2 or 3 game win streak.  That and the Seahawks are ass.  Rams win.

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles - Oh no no, I'm not falling for this shit, Cowboys.  I don't care if the Eagles have been struggling,  you WILL lose against the Eagles and I am NOT going to accept anything else.

New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers - For the first time, I have to do this.  Why, Part 10B: Just kill me.  49ers barely win in a shitfest war.  Where's the cyanide?   I wanna die before I have to even look at this game again.

Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers-Panthers

New Orleans Saints @ Cincinnati Bengals-Saints

Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns-BROWNS1 I refuse to not pick my browns!

Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers-Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts-Colts

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears-Bears

Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs-Kansas city

New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans-Pats

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Redskins

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets-Jets

Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders-Chargers

Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams-Rams

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia EaglesPhilly

New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers-49'ers

A shame to see bruddog drop out.  And to think; he was pretty much leading this thing the whole way up until this point.  But I digress.  If manYo720 doesn't put his picks in by tonight, I will also consider him dropped out.

With that out of the way, here are my picks for this week:

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

LA Chargers @ Oakland Raiders

Seattle Seahawks @ LA Rams

I think the real surprise is just how easy it is to pick games this week now that we have a clearer picture of what the NFL landscape looks like.  Even with teams like the Broncos, Vikings, Ravens, and Texans getting the bye.  Not much reason to explain most of my picks, and the ones I wasn't terribly certain on all seem to be unanimous in their picks anyways.  A few notes here:

The Panthers vs. Steelers game is definitely the toughest game to pick this week, and pretty much the only game this week between two teams on my personal top ten Power Rankings (although Saints vs. Bengals are pretty close as well).  I wasn't all that certain on who to pick, though I was always leaning Steelers since they were the home team and everything.  And when you get right down to brass taxes, the Steelers are simply a more complete team at this point, while the Panthers as a whole are being elevated by a talented defense, and the MVP-caliber talents of Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey.  Of course, it's because of the latter that the Panthers have a shot tonight.  But I ultimately feel that the Steelers are going to pull away from this one.

The last pick of note is the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game.  I think last week proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Redskins are going to have a hard time against elite offenses, regardless of who the home team is.  Their three losses all came against offenses led by Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan.  The Colts game is by far the most debatable as far as offensive powerhouses go.  Of course, they've beaten the Panthers, but just barely.  As much of a powerhouse the Panthers are, they were a fairly one-dimensional offense anyways.  Outside of that, they've also beaten the Cardinals, Giants, Cowboys (also barely), and Packers.  And even with Rogers, the Packers barely even qualify as an offensive powerhouse, if you can even call them such.

My theory then is that on the road against another elite offense in the Bucs is that if Ryan Fitzpatrick plays a clean game, the Redskins will not stand a chance in an offensive shoot-out.  Once a team gets going on the Redskins, there's little an elite defense with nothing but Adrien Peterson and a crappy receiving core can do to stop it.

And that is why I am picking the Steelers and Bucs respectively.  I don't think I need to explain my reasoning for any other team this week (although I do not think the Bills vs. Jets pick is as cut-and-dry as many people think).

Comment I want to make on the MNF game NYG @ SF and no better place to do it than here. It's incredible to hear from folks saying they'll skip watching this when considering the history of the teams and the rivalry. This used to have great build-up esp in primetime and playoff games.

This matchup I think has had more playoff battles than any other I think. I believe this West Coast-East Coast rivalry is right up there with Lakers v Celts; only reason it may not be as big is because both are in the same conference whereas Lakers and Celts have faced other for the ultimate prize the NBA title.

I had a feeling the Saints would have a let down game after beating the Rams but did the absolute opposite

And since Washington @ Tampa Bay was a pick-em this week, the outcome of that game alone would have shaped who would have won this week.

9-4:  gojiphen malor (inching ever closer to taking the lead), Miles Prower, and drummer4god.

8-5:  Myself, TecmoSuperFan, and BigCat71

7-6:  Knobbe

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, Mike Gordan said:

@Mike Gordan:           PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@TecmoSuperFanCAR, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@gojiphen malor:     PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@Knobbe:                 PIT, CIN, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@BigCat71:               PIT, NO, ATL, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, TB, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@Miles Prower:       CAR, NO, CLE, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

@drummer4god:     CAR, NO, CLE, GB, IND, CHI, KC, NE, WAS, NYJ, LAC, LAR, PHI, SF

Mike Gordan:  8-5 (97-50)

TecmoSuperFan:  8-5 (85-63)

gojiphen malor:  9-4 (96-51)

Knobbe:  7-6 (94-53)

BigCat71:  8-5 (89-58)

Miles Prower:  9-4 (83-64)

drummer4god:  9-4 (60-40)

bruddog has officially dropped out of these weekly pick 'ems by his own word, and manYo720 has dropped out by his own absence.  I will keep their records available however, just for future reference.