Sign in to follow this  
hankthetank

Most Missed Tecmo Player?

Stuff happens and people move away from Tecmo.

Who do you miss most in Tecmo?

Live -Adam Garbage The Holyzys college roomate a tapper equal to Regulator and an amazing personality master of the Dolphin call for Flipper Anderson.

Online -ChinoPino What a great guy and a good runner and Tecmo Player.  Haven't heard from the guy in years hopefully he will show up at a Phoenix event some time.

Troll -Mr.TecmoSuperbowl A pretty good player who played tons of TPC.  I remember who called me Slapnuts once and i called him Jeff Jarrett he appreciated that.

Honorable Mentions

Skunker, TSBGod, Sconnie -Some real Tecmo Talent there

Lordsummer & Opus. 

Lords was a beast 2007-2010 then Opus took over and went on 3 year run that hasn’t been equaled online since. 

Too had neither ever showed up at a live tourney 

Edited by arncoem

1 hour ago, arncoem said:

Lordsummer & Opus. 

Lords was a beast 2007-2010 then Opus took over and went on 3 year run that hasn’t been equaled online since. 

Too had neither ever showed up at a live tourney 

I came in on the tail end of Lords' career, played him once in WTFC, he was starting Browning Nagle a 38ps 44 pc QB and he absolutely schooled me. Lords also provided some fantastic rookie descriptions that I think was huge in making the WTF experience awesome. (I was not present, only read the posts and used the posts afterwards). 

Opus man, SSOA forever amirite @gonickmontana  I found a great venue in downtown Tacoma for future PNW events and just across the street and up the block is an Opus bank, and I was gonna have us all take a pic in front of the bank and photoshop in his reaper. 

10 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

I came in on the tail end of Lords' career, played him once in WTFC, he was starting Browning Nagle a 38ps 44 pc QB and he absolutely schooled me. Lords also provided some fantastic rookie descriptions that I think was huge in making the WTF experience awesome. (I was not present, only read the posts and used the posts afterwards). 

Opus man, SSOA forever amirite @gonickmontana  I found a great venue in downtown Tacoma for future PNW events and just across the street and up the block is an Opus bank, and I was gonna have us all take a pic in front of the bank and photoshop in his reaper. 

Opus is definitely at the top for me. When I started playing Tecmo I was horrendous. Then I realized Opus posted vids of all his games, so I watched them and tried to copy him as best I could. He basically turned me into a regular playoff participant in all my leagues.  He also randomly started a blog and only made one blog post - but it was an incredibly nuanced post about fumbling and going out of bounds. #SSOA

Another Tecmo stud is Larry. He was great in every league, but had an especially incredible run in WTFC, and along with Opus, I always respected the fact that they weren't great tappers but did everything else an elite level. 

Larry was one I had forgot about! He was great and the league he ran was amazing! Was it CTL? @gonickmontana? By FARRRR my favorite league ever. The free agent system was amazing and the detail that went into everything was great. It caused you to have to do a lott of research into players for their stats, but was the greatest.

MonkeyButler

Gorillabrav

Canesareforreal

Starmap

Snakeeyes

Agneepatel

Edgefan

TSBGOD

great players i had the chance to play with

great old tecmo memories

i am pretty sure i missed some other nice guys, but they came up in my mind right now