(NES) NCAA FOOTBALL 2018

shmue

NCAA FOOTBALL 2018

College Football at its Finest...again!

Thanks to the entire community for sharing their knowledge and hard work here, as I am constantly reading (and re-reading) the posts and hacks.  Thanks to everyone for their input.  I realize that there are some issues with the names (most notably UCLA), but I'm working on fixing this issue (i.e. I can no longer stand to look at this rom without sharing it).  If you see anything else that needs fixing, please let me know and I'll try to get to it.

The 2018 Edition Includes.....

• Top 32 teams in College football
  • Updated Schedule
  • Moving Grapple/Push-Pull Hack (thanks bruddog and gojiphen)
  • College Playbook
    • Read option (thanks xplosv)
    • Power-I formation
    • Triple Option (my own creation).....(Please let me know what needs 'tweaking' with this set of plays)
  • Heisman Pose after Touchdown

Image_11.JPG

• 1 month later...

I like the game in general. The playbook is good with the college style plays. The player abilities are the main thing that is off. For example Will Grier is one of the best passers in college football but is very average in this game. Also Joe Burrow of lSU has a very low speed rating even though he is very mobile and LSU runs him a decent amount on designed runs. These are just two examples but many abilities are off.

Edited by kehayesrph

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the advice KNOBBE.  I noticed this some time ago, and tried to fix it by abbreviating the first names of the players (maybe in later versions not posted).  However, this did not fix the issue with the NFC-west teams.

The problem arises in some hack that I used, in combination with the TSBToolSupreme.  For some reason, the pointers for the player-name-lengths in the NFC-west is not being re-set, especially for the Stanford Cardinals.  If you know where these pointers are, you'd be my hero!

I worked around this in my latest rom ("GOLD EDITION of NCAA") in which i just shortened the names of the players to fix the set-length as described by the pointer.  For instance, John Elway is written as Jon Elwy, in order to fit the pointer length of 7-characters (8 if count the jersey number).

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, shmue said:

Thanks for the advice KNOBBE.  I noticed this some time ago, and tried to fix it by abbreviating the first names of the players (maybe in later versions not posted).  However, this did not fix the issue with the NFC-west teams.

The problem arises in some hack that I used, in combination with the TSBToolSupreme.  For some reason, the pointers for the player-name-lengths in the NFC-west is not being re-set, especially for the Stanford Cardinals.  If you know where these pointers are, you'd be my hero!

I worked around this in my latest rom ("GOLD EDITION of NCAA") in which i just shortened the names of the players to fix the set-length as described by the pointer.  For instance, John Elway is written as Jon Elwy, in order to fit the pointer length of 7-characters (8 if count the jersey number).

Any help would be much appreciated.

The problem seems to stem for a hack being applied at x3FFC0 which for most 32 team roms is reserved for 32 team player names. When you go about trying to fix the names issue TSBtool will erase the code there as part cleaning up that info.  The best thing to do would be to remove whatever hack occupies that area.  The next best thing would be to reduce the player names and then restore the code.

The following Set command should do the trick.

SET(0x3ffC0, 0xA000B1AEC9E0F01EC9A0F01AC960F016C920F012A018B1AEA0131871AE91AEA019B1AE4C16DBAC2F00A21920E3D84CF0AD)

• 8 months later...