Tacoma, WA - 11/10/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 3

kamphuna8

10 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

@hankthetank.....I knew there was somthin' that smelled like $#!t about you......and it finally donned on me...........your a b!tch a$$ Packers fan.  Not only are you a fan, you probably grew up in that stank ass, broke down, po' dunk, $#!t hole of a town Green Bay.  If all I had to do was talk trash about Johnny Johnson and grow up havin' to watch the sh!tty a$$ Packers all my life, I'd probably be a hater too.  It's OK Hank, you're just mad because your team has never seen a tailback as talented and naturally gifted as Johnson.....What's funny is YOU couldn't even honestly tell me that you wouldn't have wanted him on some of those 90's Packers squads, and you also couldn't have honestly told me, or convinced me or anyone else that he wouldn't have helped any of those teams IMMENSELY.  (Especially because of the way the Packers offense played and Johnson being a great receiver)................still, the point is...

:face3D:  >  PACKERS1

First off I guess i wouldn't consider myself a Packers fan I don't bother watching them.  I've lived in Green Bay for about a year but in the area my entire life.  If I was much of a packer fan I certainly wouldn't want the cancer known as Johnny Johnson to be on the Packers.  Maybe he would be an okay fit talent wise but you have to assume he would cause Reggie White to decline going to Green Bay and destroy Brett Favre's passion for the game.  Also Edgar Bennett was a much better player than Johnny Johnson during similar time take a look at 1995 while Johnny Johnson was begging for more money Edgar Bennett ran for 1,067 and received for 648 each more than Johnson had in any year.  While Bennett worked his ass off to make a comeback while missing the 97 season Johnson would fake an Injury in 96 so he could get paid by the 49ers and cost the team Salary cap in fact if I was a Packers fan I would thank Johnny Johnson for costing the 49ers cap space and creating as much of a losing influence as he could allowing the Packers to beat the 49ers in the playoffs.  If the Packers had wasted 3 Million in 96 for Johnson it would have cost them the Superbowl.  Another Packers Running Back who not only was far superior to Johnson was Ahman Green who could also beat you in Tecmo.

Ahman Green>Edgar Bennett>Peyton Hillis>Johnny Johnson

On 11/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, kamphuna8 said:

So here is game 1 of the CFT Playoffs. Manyo's Cheefz vs Tick's Bengals. In the regular season matchup, the Bengals won a tight one 21-14 after a 14 14 score at the half. What would the playoffs be like? Watch and find out!

So this was a game that you had to watch ALL THE WAY to the very end or you miss out on something critical.

In watching back the season, I'm going to release YouTube cutups of the regular season through the playoffs (sans the teaser game 1 of the playoffs above).

A couple of things you'll notice upon watching... Barry Sanders is good. For the Bengals, Ken Clark and Babe Laufenberg started and played the bulk of the minutes in this one. I'll give this one full process like the others I'll be starting but I already put this one out into the TecmoWebs, so wanted to provide a bit of commentary.

Here's the box score for this game. http://www.pnw.puretecmo.com/main/dsp_recap.php?gID=189

Up Next

Game 1 of Season 3 where the Season 2 Super Bowl combatants kick of Season 3 vs each other, Kamp's Cowboys vs Callmefairf's Oilers

Week 1 Season 3 kickoff Defending Champ @fairfensheeding 's Houston Oilers visit the team they defeated in CFT Super Bowl 2 which was also the Battle for Texas, Kamp Tuna and his Dallas Cowboys.

Notes from this game. Banter between me and the great Randolio include him informing me that EVERY Bubby pass is a risky pass. We also had a brief pause to watch if @ptitteri could Muster some Magic with Neal Anderson or Andre Reed on a hail mary to end his game vs @boogiewithstu and his MegaFulch defense.

A couple of other notes.

I included Input Displays for the main feed TV1, and while I didn't have the timing fixed (it is slightly delayed) I'm looking for feedback on it. Does it seem like a worthwhile edition to a live Tecmo stream?

Finally, Randy and I talked/laughed near the end about point differentials because the tie break we are using for this live season is point differential just like if you played a live season on OG Tecmo Super Bowl cart. Tommy Rathman started season 3 for the Cowboys just like he ended season 1 for the Cowboys... STRONG! And the last play of this game is a very very fine example of... foreshadowing...You will see why when week 2 is posted. amirite @~Tailback King~?

Here is the box score recap from our CFT Phile

http://www.pnw.puretecmo.com/main/dsp_recap.php?gID=139

Week 2 has Video from 2 games and live @~Tailback King~ audio of his game vs Randy. As you can hear several times until the end, the Randy vs TBK game was scoreless until less than 30 seconds remained in regulation, and then all CFT Hell broke loose.

Here are the recaps from the Phile for the games that provided video or audio footage.

Stu's Bears vs JoeyB's Giants recap is here

Randy's Oilers vs Tailback King's Cardinals #foreshadowed is here

My game vs Chalky White's Saints recap is here.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:16 PM, kamphuna8 said:

Week 2 has Video from 2 games and live @~Tailback King~ audio of his game vs Randy. As you can hear several times until the end, the Randy vs TBK game was scoreless until less than 30 seconds remained in regulation, and then all CFT Hell broke loose.

Here are the recaps from the Phile for the games that provided video or audio footage.

I mi$$ this $#!t already..................

On 11/19/2018 at 5:42 PM, kamphuna8 said:

Week 1 Season 3 kickoff Defending Champ @fairfensheeding 's Houston Oilers visit the team they defeated in CFT Super Bowl 2 which was also the Battle for Texas, Kamp Tuna and his Dallas Cowboys.

Notes from this game. Banter between me and the great Randolio include him informing me that EVERY Bubby pass is a risky pass. We also had a brief pause to watch if @ptitteri could Muster some Magic with Neal Anderson or Andre Reed on a hail mary to end his game vs @boogiewithstu and his MegaFulch defense.

A couple of other notes.

I included Input Displays for the main feed TV1, and while I didn't have the timing fixed (it is slightly delayed) I'm looking for feedback on it. Does it seem like a worthwhile edition to a live Tecmo stream?

Finally, Randy and I talked/laughed near the end about point differentials because the tie break we are using for this live season is point differential just like if you played a live season on OG Tecmo Super Bowl cart. Tommy Rathman started season 3 for the Cowboys just like he ended season 1 for the Cowboys... STRONG! And the last play of this game is a very very fine example of... foreshadowing...You will see why when week 2 is posted. amirite @~Tailback King~?

Here is the box score recap from our CFT Phile

http://www.pnw.puretecmo.com/main/dsp_recap.php?gID=139

Here are the blue Recap Screens for each of the games in week1.

Week 1 TV 1 DAL vs HOU.PNGWeek 1 TV 1 DAL vs HOU.PNGWeek 1 TV 2 CIN vs KC.PNGWeek 1 TV 3 CHI vs DEN.PNGWeek 1 TV 4 NO vs GIA.PNGWeek 1 TV 5 BUF vs PHX.PNG

The Players of the week were  QB Eagles on Offense (sorry Johnny, but no offense, your competition wasn't the greatest, and you'll get yours later this season) and Fulcher, who had the game ending pick (I believe) on the hail mary to Neal Anderson along with 4 tackles.

POW 1.PNG

On 11/19/2018 at 8:16 PM, kamphuna8 said:

Here are the box scores for Week 2's games. PS I love this everdrive shit. Who needs to take pics of box scores with their phones when I can just "Dyal" these up from our season files?

Week 2 TV 1 GIA vs CHI.PNGWeek 2 TV 2 PHX vs HOU.PNGWeek 2 TV 3 NO vs DAL.PNGWeek 2 TV 4 DEN vs CIN.PNGWeek 2 TV 5 KC vs BUF.PNG

Players of the week for week 2 are Bubby and Timmy Mac. Stats are below. Apologeez to Barry, but YUGE games against Buffalo's nooby defense do not qualify.

POW 2.PNG

Later today/night I will post week 3's game and box scores here. The games shown on stream for week 3 were @manYo720's CHEEFZ vs @fairfensheeding's OILERS1  AND my COWBOYS1 vs @~Tailback King~'s CARDINALS1  simultaneously. 

There are some great moments I witnessed in previewing it last night (didn't finish). You see Johnny is in EXC, you see what the rom looks like (honestly it's like my pride and joy) where the stats, standings, player cards and all that reflect our CFT season and divisions. We hear the first injury of the season occur "HADDIX!". Also, the CHIEFS1 vs OILERS1 game has $20 on the line (40bucks on top of the TV). All the box scores will be included, and possibly might stream a post Week 3 gander at the standings, stats, and player conditions tonight as well. I'm getting pretty pumped for our next season. I've got some great things in store for the live experience. 

OK Here is Week 3's Game on the Stream. And like I described before, it's 2 games for the price of 1.

Other highlights I recall include getting another fumble vs @~Tailback King~ just after halftime, and then laughing at the fact that if Rudy (TBK) can tell your QB sucks, then you must know that your QB REALLY SUCKS, and we were talking about Dallas' QB1 Bubby Brister in the Sun.

Randy started out terribly vs Manyo, with the CHEEFZ scoring a couple of YUGE sacks forcing a punt on the OILERS1 first drive. Randy manages to score at the exact end of each half, and the run to tie it at the end of regulation has an amazing and game saving block by the fullback on Run 2 Pro T Dive. Honestly, I love that our mic caught the audio for both games well enough to hear the banter. Rudy is a national treasure in my book.

Here are the Box Scores from the rest of Week 3 along with the Players of the Week.

Week 3 TV 1 HOU vs KC.PNGWeek 3 TV 2 DAL vs PHX.PNGWeek 3 TV 3 CIN vs GIA.PNGWeek 3 TV 4 BUF vs DEN.PNGWeek 3 TV 5 CHI vs NO.PNG

And here are your Players of the Week for Week 3.

POW 3.PNG

I'll do a deep dive into all the stats and standings at the halfway point after 5 games.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:58 PM, kamphuna8 said:

OK Here is Week 3's Game on the Stream. And like I described before, it's 2 games for the price of 1.

Other highlights I recall include getting another fumble vs @~Tailback King~ just after halftime, and then laughing at the fact that if Rudy (TBK) can tell your QB sucks, then you must know that your QB REALLY SUCKS, and we were talking about Dallas' QB1 Bubby Brister in the Sun.

Randy started out terribly vs Manyo, with the CHEEFZ scoring a couple of YUGE sacks forcing a punt on the OILERS1 first drive. Randy manages to score at the exact end of each half, and the run to tie it at the end of regulation has an amazing and game saving block by the fullback on Run 2 Pro T Dive. Honestly, I love that our mic caught the audio for both games well enough to hear the banter. Rudy is a national treasure in my book.

Here are the Box Scores from the rest of Week 3 along with the Players of the Week.

Week 3 TV 1 HOU vs KC.PNGWeek 3 TV 2 DAL vs PHX.PNGWeek 3 TV 3 CIN vs GIA.PNGWeek 3 TV 4 BUF vs DEN.PNGWeek 3 TV 5 CHI vs NO.PNG

And here are your Players of the Week for Week 3.

POW 3.PNG

I'll do a deep dive into all the stats and standings at the halfway point after 5 games.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is some real TECMO O.G's doin they SHEEEYATEEE!!!  Best of the Northwest........  {CLASS!C}  I watched the whole thang, both games...pretty fuCC!n' entertaining.  @~Tailback King~ vs @kamphuna8     &     @manYo720 vs @fairfensheeding.......2 for the price of 1, split screen Pac NW rivalries...can't get much better than that.  Props to @kamphuna8 for pioneerin' this $#!t.  Mixing Fantasy Football with Tecmo Superbowl set the bar, and will be the new way Tecmo Tourney's are done.  Anything else just won't cut it anymore.

Week 4 from the season stream follows.

This one is a battle of the 2 guys that were there at the end of the very first Seattle Tourney (that I know of) . Me and @manYo720 (Stu was 3rd there as well fyi). Maaaaan! I am soooo thankful for Manyo. He really got things kickstarted tourney wise in the PNW (Honorable mention to @SirTed) The genesis of CFT also emanated from Manyo's cerebral cortex. He is my tecmo bro like no other and I'm so happy he has gotten to experience CFT 2 and 3 as mostly "just" a participant, as he fully deserves to just show up and play and enjoy. We also have battles. We're fairly even in tapping, which is a battle in and of itself. And we both got squads here that fit our personal tecmo talents ( Manyo with Elway, a Speedy RB and WR in Barry and Mel Gray, and Dick Dick with a little Lurch Nelson thrown in, and me with a reliance on ridiculous HP like Rathman and LT and a high PS guy like Bubby with Speedy WRs and a solid running game aided by conditions)

As this part of the stream begins, you see some of the eye candy we get, using the rom as it behaves just like a OG cart with season stats and player cards and standings and rankings all available to peruse. You get the beginning of Tick's Bengals vs Stu's Bears and the end of the OT affair between TBK's Cards and PTitteri's Broncos. Heard amidst the chaos... TBK stating that B Buttons are essentially wasted on him, because passing LOL. And Tick's squad on offense were all either in Excellent or (and mostly were) in Bad.

This game between me and manyo was not the greatest. I turned the opening kickoff into a safety with some playcalling and fortunate tecmo rolls (bouncing grapples and not getting bounced myself). He continues to show a propensity to NAIL long JJ's to the Bo's and Barry's of the world. And our in game banter reeks of just the ultimate respect and experience as we've played each other a TON over the years. Enjoy that! And now, here are all the week 4 box scores.

Week 4 TV 1 KC vs DAL.PNGWeek 4 TV 2 CIN vs CHI.PNGWeek 4 TV 3 PHX vs DEN.PNGWeek 4 TV 4 HOU vs GIA.PNGWeek 4 TV 5 BUF vs NO.PNG

Players of the Week were Roger Craig (I didn't realize he balled out as much as he did) and Mike Gann (not the most exciting of weeks for Defensive Stats)

POW 4.PNG

All right! Week 5! This one brings the two Turtle Van Vets @~Tailback King~ and Chalky White battling and it features not only the Hidden Stats of one Johnny Johnson, but also the hidden stats of one Rodney Hampton! We start with some of the fellas talking about that one playoff game that TO almost blew for the 49ers and then won it and cried tears of joy, all while the eye candy that is our rom (at least to me) is on display in the pregame including a peep at Ron Mexico, the keeker for Chalky White's Saints (his punter was The Octagon). Then this happened...

Let me tell ya something. Johnny Johnson has a propensity for letting Rudy down whenever he is on the big stage... and this game is another example...Chalky showed some absolute skillz with Rodney Hampton, who I was surprised just like Rudy, that he was on the field instead of OJ Anderson. No matter, Chalky can chalk this one up to him, making the rivalry 501-500. Rudy's language here is very familiar to me, because this game played out just like ALL of our games do (except one, and I was just short of puking and rallying when I lost that night, and eventually WON the day AND night of that Mayhem double decker. Rudy! Ya need to get ya passing game on point bruh. Like at least manageable. You will not regret it.

As always, here are the box scores from week 5 along with the Players of the Week. Later tonight (hopefully) I'll stream a dive into the rom (standings, conditions, stats, rankings and the like) at the midway point of the season after all teams have 5 games in the books and I'll post that in this thread as well.

Week 5 TV 1 PHX vs NO.PNGWeek 5 TV 2 HOU vs CHI.PNGWeek 5 TV 3 DEN vs DAL.PNGWeek 5 TV 4 KC vs GIA.PNGWeek 5 TV 5 BUF vs CIN.PNG

@manYo720's CHIEFS1 dominated the Player of the Week for Week 5. Not only Barry, but Lurch Nelson had our one and only INT TD of the season. Good Times!

POW 5.PNG

46 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

@kamphuna8.......Really Kamp, you had to show the 4 turnover shut out game??! ?....At least Johnson got them fumbles outta his system.

I'm showing them all. In all there glory. I did start it with me getting waxed by the Great Randolio. Tecmo Gods Uber Alles

7 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

I'm showing them all. In all there glory. I did start it with me getting waxed by the Great Randolio. Tecmo Gods Uber Alles

Hey................I'll be in Cleveland, the home of Kevin Mack, tomorrow...I'm a see a Browns game with one of my homies...we got good prices on tixx, and it might be snowing!!!  I'm definitley wearin' my Kevin Mack jersey to the game....BTW, our seats are in the DOGG POUND.  Call ya and tell ya bout it when I get home.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

10 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Hey................I'll be in Cleveland, the home of Kevin Mack, tomorrow...I'm a see a Browns game with one of my homies...we got good prices on tixx, and it might be snowing!!!  I'm definitley wearin' my Kevin Mack jersey to the game....BTW, our seats are in the DOGG POUND.  Call ya and tell ya bout it when I get home.

Holy WOW! That is amazing!!!

Week 6 saw a pair of games on stream for the most part. As you can tell from the thumbnail above, Jeff Cross was in Excellent for the Oilers vs the Bengalis and Vai Sikahema came back from injury for the Cardinals vs Stu's Bears. Both Randy and Tick were looking to reach .500 in their battle of two teams with the crazy WR sets, Oilers with the 49ers WRs as targets for QB Eagles and the Bengals with the WRs of the Oilers as targets for the LVP Troy AIkman. The Stu vs Tailback King battle was between 2 teams with winning records, and Stu's Bears had yet to be beaten.

Below are the blue recap box scores from week 6 as well as the POW.

Week 6 TV 1 HOU vs CIN.PNGWeek 6 TV 2 CHI vs PHX.PNGWeek 6 TV 3 GIA vs DEN.PNGWeek 6 TV 4 NO vs KC.PNGWeek 6 TV 5 BUF vs DAL.PNG

POW 6.PNG