Tacoma, WA - 11/10/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 3

kamphuna8

CFT 3!!!

We will be commencing a 2nd live console season in which each week's games will be played simultaneously rather than having to wait for 1 game at a time. All season stats will not only be available for perusal on the game roms but also updated on our CFT Phile as we proceed. The goal is to give all owners as close to the original live tecmo season experience as possible, without taking so much time to complete, and with all teams closer to each other in overall attributes. In so doing, we all accept our fates and acknowledge the greatness that is the Tecmo Super Deities, and their love that will rein down upon us in all its forms and greatness, whether it be the JJs, the CCs, the condition or injury love/hate, and that most barbarous and diabolical form... THE JEALOUSY! Season 2 will have 10 owners (listed below), 6 of which will be eligible for the playoffs. Playoff details can be found further down below.

Location: Kamp's Garage (address will be emailed to all parties involved)

Date/Time: Nov 10, 2018. Begin at 10AM Pacific Time. YES 9AM DAMMIT!

Cost: $10 (Super Bowl Winner collects all monies) All Praises to the Tecmo Gods

Streamed? YAS! The goal is to Record all games and Stream one to two games at a time (depending on how the game(s) are shaping up. But not two complete games at the same time) Yes Inspired by the Red Zone Channel and other similar stream styles where multiple games can be displayed. Streams will be on https://www.twitch.tv/kamphuna8/

Season 1 Videos can be accessed there or on the youtube playlist that follows. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3icdCQkyCZ6K_89RktFbQvh3FTYGFTdg

Season 2 Videos Playlist:

Website: http://www.pnw.puretecmo.com/main/main.php (rosters will be updated to Season 3 rosters soon!)

Format and Draft: All games will be played on NES Consoles using Everdrive Flash Carts. Teams will be drafted in a non-Snake format using the attached Spreadsheet. Draft order will be based on previous year's performance. Those that were not there will be placed according to my discretion. The draft will be similar to HSTL format in terms of rosters. Each position group including QBs (x2) RBs (x4) WR/TEs (x6) OL (x5) DL (x3) LB (x4) DB (x4) will be drafted by each owner. All the OL, DL, LB and DB tandems are going to be locked in to their alignment that is on the original Tecmo Super Bowl rom. No WRs or TEs can carry the ball on a RB run play. A salary cap will also be utilized (according to the tecmo_salary_cap.xlsx spreadsheet from @bruddog ) where no team can go over the $100 mark. K/P will all have the same attributes (50 50) and Owners can provide names and faces for their idiot kickers. Linked Resources follow >>>>  CFT Draft Template   and CFT 1 Draft

Here are the links to the Google Sheets for previous Drafts------->  CFT 2 Draft and CFT 3 Draft

This is a live season with teams drafted using (now floating) prices for  7 different player tandems including QB (2), RB (4), WR/TE (6), OL (5), DL (3), LB (4), and DB (4) in which all the OL and Defensive Players must be aligned in their Original Rom roster spots. 

Will go with between 8-12 players (capping it at 12 for now) with the goal of replicating a majority of season 2's rules which you can find here

While we may have up to 4 divisions, in reality we have 2 conferences, #Lewis and Clark, and the playoff seeding is all based on conference performance due to schedules being somewhat limited by time. New goal for this season is to complete each week's set of games at the same time (instead of completing them over 2 rounds of games) which means we will have to come up with 1 or 2 more everdrives (which I am very confident will happen). With 8 players my vision would be to play a 10 week regular season and then have a simple playoff of 2 conference championship games and 1 Super Bowl. With more, I'm thinking we would have to come up with our plan as a group. Personally, I love the bracket setting and playing the playoffs using the bracket on one TV, but that is a near 4 hour process in and of itself. With having only one round of games per week, we can cut our regular season time in half, but I really don't want to push us to near 3:30 am. In fact, closer to 9 or 10 would be ideal. 

Participant list:

Kamp - IN

@manYo720 - IN

@Tick - IN

@fairfensheeding - IN

@ptitteri - IN

@boogiewithstu - IN

@~Tailback King~ - IN

Chalky White - IN

James Brooks - IN

@DT. - OUT

JoeyB - OUT

@XtraLargent - OUT

@invader_star64 - OUT

@SirTed - OUT

@gripsmoke - OUT

LarryBird33 - IN

@TheProfessor - Unanswered

@Polish Rifle mostly out

I'll tidy this up as we move forward. 

Cascadia Tournament Historical Links:

Ickey Shuffle 1 - CFT - The Shuffle Draft: The Silence of the Lambs 11/19/19 1st gripsmoke, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd Manyo

CFT Season 4 - Sammamish Smashmouth Tecmo at the Eagles Nest 7/29/19 - 1st PeteT, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd and 4th gripsmoke and Tick

PNW Honbasho 1 Behind the Woodshed 1/26/19 1st DT, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd kamphuna8, 4th PTitteri

CFT RNG 1  Sammamish Smshmth   12.30/18   1st Invader, 2nd kamphuna, 3rd and 4th DT and Stu (lost in Conf Championships)

CFT Season 3 GrgeDys Revsted 11/10/18  1st kamphuna8, 2nd Stu, 3rd and 4th Tick and Randy (lost in Conf Championships)

CFT Season 2 Grit City Tecmo   7/28/18  1st Randy, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd and 4th DT and Stu (lost in Conf championships)

Portland Tecmo 2 JJ's Birden   1/27/18   1st kamphuna8, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Tick, 4th DT (Greats rom side tourney 1st Gripsmoke, 2nd kamphuna8

Seattle  Pimpin' Ain't Easley       9/3/17      1st Ptitteri, 2nd Mort, 3rd DT, 4th Invaderstar (Consolation Champ  Tailback King)

CFT Season 1  Tacoma              7/8/17      1st kamphuna8, 2nd DT, 3rd XtraLargent, 4th Invaderstar

CFT Season 0 Centralia             3/11/17    1st Tick, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd DT, 4th Manyo

3Portland 1  JJ in the Beaver     1/28/17     1st Invaderstar, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Manyo  (Consolation Champ 1991Huskies #shoottheJ)

Pac Rim 3  Seattle                     9/4/16        1st Moonwalk, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd jim jensen, 4th DT (Bottom Bracket Winner Boogiewithstu  over gripsmoke)

PNWTC 5   Centralia                 7/2/16         1st gripsmoke, 2nd SirTed, 3rd Tick, 4th Manyo

Mayhem 5  Centralia "Dick"     8/29/15       1st kamphuna8, 2nd Invaderstar, 3rd gripsmoke, 4th Manyo

PNWTC 4    Centralia               7/11/15          1st DT, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd SirTed, 4th kamphuna8

Mayhem 4  Centralia "play 2"   1/2/15         1st kamphuna8, 2nd manyo, 3rd grip ( Night mayhem 1st kamp, 2nd manyo, 3rd TailbackKing)

PNWTC 3  Centralia                    6/21/14       1st gripsmoke, 2nd Invaderstar, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th Randy F Mr. GiGGles

PAC RIM II  Seattle                      4/12/14       1st Invaderstar, 2nd gripsmoke, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th Stanley?

Mayhem 3  Tacoma Trailer Tecmo  4/4/14  1st kamphuna8   Mini Tourney Winner Invaderstar

Mayhem 2  Centralia                   3/1/14          1st kamphuna8, 2nd Sir Ted, 3rd Manyo, BoogieWithStu

Mayhem 1 Centralia ACTUAL    2/15/14        Manyo over kamphuna8

Mayhem 1  Centralia                  8/17/13         Didnt happen... 

PNWTC 2    Centralia                  6/30/13         1st kamphuna8, 2nd Randy Foulfield, 3rd Sir Ted, 4th BoogieWithStu

PAC RIM I  Seattle                       4/7/13           1st Randy, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd tie Sir Ted and Tyler J

PNWTC 1   Olympia                     6/23/12         1st Randy, 2nd GoNickMontana5, 3rd Manyo, 4th BoogieWithStu  RESULTS

Rumblings by CochiseBlue(Luigi)  and MadManyo and GoManyo360

Edmonds at Another Castle        5/20/11          1st Manyo, 2nd kamphuna8, 3rd Boogie with Stu RECAP

RodWoodson aka TecmoGodfather aka PNW Live Tourney Godfather

• Knobbe pinned this topic
  • DFM unpinned this topic
38 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Where the hell did the Tourney Forum go????????????????????????????????????  Tell someone to put it BACK!

I'd like to start the ball rolling this weekend, soooo, is you in or is you out?

top 3 picks are in

1.1 Dolphins select Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen and Friends ($46)

1.2 Cardinals select Johnny Johnson, Ron Wolfley, Vai ask Vai and A.T. ($18)

1.3 Broncos select Neal Anderson, Johnny Bailey, Brad Muster and Mark Green ($36)

1.4 Ticks Bengals take Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffires, Ernest Givins, Curtis Duncan, and 2 friends ($34)

1.5 Manyo's  Cheefz take Elway ($13)

1.6 Stus Bears take Fulcher and co. (37)

1.7 Kamp Cowboys take Roger Craig, Rathman, and friends ($21)

1.8 Fairf's Oilers take TB Lbs ($2)

2.1 LarryBird33 Dolphins take Ken Obrien and Eason ($17) @segathonsov BSD special 

So a quick recap of the teams. 

MIA - Kevin bowed out but his squad could still participate. He has Bo Jackson. Also in the mix are Marcus Allen, Ken O'Brien, Ernie Muthaphukka Jones and the Buff DBs #Kelso

PHX - Rudy basically drafted the same damn team. Johnny, Lonnie and Crew but this time Wade Wilson in stead of Troy Acheman. 

DEN - Pete went big big on O. Neal Anderson, Johnny Bailey, Brad Muster, Andre Reed and Rodney Peete and Andre Ware. 

CIN - Tick took Drew Hill, Ernest Givins, Haywood Jeffires, Curtis Duncan and Albert Bentley, and gave them to Troy Aikman and Babe Laufenberg to handle. Good times!

KC - Manyo went Barry all over us, with a side of Mel Gray (USFL FOREVER!) John Elway will lead them and Darrell Green and Martin Mayhew will defend. Also Rufus Porter will be back there barking at the offenses with Tez doin his thang

CHI - Stu went big big on D. Fulcher, RAI DL, and Leslie O'Neal. For offense he turned up the A.C. and gave Rypien Fartz the controls. MIA RBs will condition their way through the season. 

DAL - I got LT again with my last pick, but this time I got Willie Gault and Swervin Mervyn catching "dimes" from Bubby. Neil Smith and Frank Minnifield will help the D as best they can. 

HOU - I think Randy is still cleaning and disinfecting his cpu after all the rosterbatin he must be doing to QB Eagles and Jerry Rice. John Taylor Brent Jones, and Jeffy Cross. 

Finis

Here's the preliminary Preseason Rom for CFT 3. I wouldn't mind having more, just as long as we know sooner rather than later and that people that say they gonna show actually show. Will be great to see Mr. Landmine and Mr. White and Mr. South again. This format is the tits

CFT3Preseason.nes

11 hours ago, hankthetank said:

You should nickname this Green Mile after Jacob Green and all the players on the Seahawks who were in Prison

Green Mile could also refer to the trek to and from the 2 dispensaries nearby , but really, it's less than a mile round trip...

14 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Don't hold yo breath Kamp..........but I might be comin' with FOUR players!!!!!!!!!!  Me, Chalky, Goal~Line, and Dirty South.  People are diggin this draft idea.

So if they do, let me know asap, With potentially more than just one more guy at a time joining, we would do a draft for the new squads from the remaining players left. 

The sooner I know the better.

Of the drafted teams so far, here are a few Top 5 lists. 

We'll start with the Marquee Tandem of the draft

Top 5 Passing Offenses

1. HOU - The Great Randolio picked schmutz for 4 rounds before I'm sure eGGsploding in torrents of giGGles as he let me know his final 3 picks, which included $90 bucks (and 90%) of the salary in just 2 picks, QB Eagles and Jimmy Mac ($57) and Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones and Mike Sherrard ($33). The rest of his squad be damned, and the IND OL is sneaky solid, I'm kinda glad we get to witness what Randy does with this squad in our format, as injuries and conditions can really affect his squad negatively AND positively if he gets a run of Excellent from any of the INDY DBs or even Jeffy Cross. 

2. CIN - Tick started his draft with the HOU WRs (no TEs to be found anywhere). Then everything came up Babe... and Troy as he selected Aikman to lead this potent passing attack. He even added Albert Bentley to the mix... so dropped passes shouldn't be as big of an issue as it normally is with Aikman. Saints OL will help in both the blocking and Special Teams giving the Bengals some space to start most drives. Drew Hill and Ernest Givins and Haywood Jeffires oh my!

3. DEN - Pete is looking to make a big splash in his first CFT campaign. With the Lions QB duo of Rodney Peete and Andre Ware, QB mobility will always be a strength, although both QBs PS leaves a lot to be desired. As for Targets, Neal Anderson is a stellar double threat and Andre Reed... HE JUST NEEDS TO FEED! Muster will make a nice TE target as well. The ATL OL will hold things down against just about every defensive front in CFT 3. 

4. CHI - Stu spent the most on defense in the league... by FAR. However, he did select A.C. and gave him a decent QB to toss him the old pigskin. With Anthony Carter, one also gets Steve Jordan and Hassan Jones. Tony Paige is also no slouch in the passing game and can play T.E. if Stu wants Jordan to play WR. 

5. DAL - Kamp picked up the RAI WRs in the 2nd round and paired them up with Bubby Brister in the Sun. Let's just say this season's Cowboys passing game is gonna be like a box of chocolates. Bubby to Graddy is the ultimate toss up. Willie Gault and Swervyn Mervyn will get the start with Rathman playing TE. 

Top 5 Rushing Offenses. 

1. MIA - So Kevin bowed out, so a replacement owner will have the option of taking his squad. His squad??? Yah he went Bo on us. Bo and Marcus, with Kenny O'Brien to the PHX WRs just to keep opposing Defenses honest. And the SF OL should hold up well 

2. KC - Manyo goes from Bo to Barry with Elway adding to the ground game in his own dynamic way. The HOU OL will not be victimized. Also... Mel Gray. That is all. This is a Manyo special, very similar to the squad he won HSTL with. 

3. DEN - PTitteri knocked it out of the park with his first ever CFT draft pick. CHI RBs are no joke. Neal Anderson the supreme double threat. Johnny Bailey is a problem. Brad Muster can do work with and without the ball. ATL OL leading the way with Chris Hinton and Jamie Dukes. 

4. DAL - Kamp selected the SF RBs just like in CFT 1, trying to recreate the MaJJik, sans Dandy Don. The RAMS OL will open up plenty of space for Roger Craig, and with conditions, Dexter Carter, Harry Sydney and Tom Rathman will all get some runs. 

5. PHX - TBK and Johnny, together again. With the WAS OL Hogs again. Let's hope Johnny fixed his butterfingers syndrome from CFT 2. 

Top 5 Passing Defenses. 

1. CHI - Stu went Big Big on D. RAI DL will cause havoc with most of the OLs drafted in CFT3. He also got Leslie O'Neal to help up front while Mega Fulch patrols the airways. Fulcher gonna Fulch and is looking for his 2nd consecutive CFT Title. 

2. KC - Manyo got Mayhew and Darrell Green with a pinch of pressure from Bob Lurch Nelson. Rufus Porter and Tez will also be heard from when opposing teams try to pass. 

3. PHX - TBK got Lonnie and Timmy Mac again. And Mike Johnson and a pair of high int LBs (albeit slow) but Lonnie is TBK's man. 

4. DAL - Kamp got CLE DBs which scares absolutely nobody. But, Taylor, Pepper and Banks can add pressure along with Neil Smith up front, and Gary has his Reasons to play DB

5. CIN - Tick has Eric Allen and Ben Smith with some support from a stout CHI DL which offers Richard Dent as help both in the rush and defending the pass. 

@DT. has Johnny Johnson in WTF, the tecmo league where you can build up your players through having good stats (#notsohidden)

@~Tailback King~ let @~Goal-line land-mine~ and Dirty South know that I'd like to know by the end of today whether or not they can participate in CFT3. 

Chalky White is in and for the moment @Polish Rifle is out. 

34 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Chalky's IN.........Goal Line & D. South gotta work.

By my count, that makes 9. We'll have to figure out best way to make 9 work. Maybe we'll get a 10th. We'll see what the weather entails. we might need to incorporate a heater or two in the garage. This late summer feels ain't gonna last through November