(NES) Tecmo Super Bowl 2018 - SBlueman Edition

SBlueman

Tecmo Super Bowl 2018 - SBlueman Edition

COVER-2018.png

The classic NES sports title, updated for the 2018-9 NFL season! Enjoy this version with updated rosters for all 32 NFL teams. Player ratings are kept to the original game’s scale and the game features updated team uniforms and logos as well. The game includes various changes to the gameplay with this edit.

Features:

• Players Rated Using Tecmo Super Bowl's Original Player Rankings
  • Playbooks Edited - Plays Moved To Different Slots And Edited Running Plays
  • 20 Hacks Added To Vanilla Version And Up to 42 Different Hacks Included In Hardtype Versions
  • Teams Line Up In Either 3-4, 4-3 Or Nickel Defenses
  • Team Uniforms Edited So Home Team Plays In Primary Uniform (NFC West Glitch And Divisional Matchups Limits This Feature)

Five Versions Available:
#1 - Vanilla - Hacks Included:

#2 - Hardtype - Hacks Included:

#3 - Hardtype + No Flicker

#4 - Hardtype + P2 As Road Team 

#5 - Hardtype + P2 As Road Team, No Flicker

5 hours ago, bruddog said:

One other thing I might do blueman is have the teams that are base nickel have the nickelback at lb 2 and not lb1

I'll try it out, see how it works. Thanks for the tip! I went with the nickel back in the LB1 spot because of how Tecmo handled Tony Blayock on the Browns.

I had a small update tonight, some last minute roster changes, uniform number edits and a change to the Pro Bowl rosters.Enjoy people!

What's New in Version 1.1   

• Edited Pro Bowl Rosters - Top ranked players added at each position
  • Edited PIT WR Ryan Switzer's jersey to #10
  • Removed PIT FS Morgan Burnett, added Terrell Edmunds 
  • Removed IND OT Branden Smith, added Joe Haeg
  • Edited OAK QB A.J. McCarron's jersey to #2
  • Removed PHI WR Mack Hollins, added Shelton Gibson
  • Removed DET DE Anthony Zettel, added Kerry Hyder
  • Removed NO RB Boston Scott, added Tommylee Lewis

afc.png

edmunds.png

gibson.png

haeg.png

hyder.png

lewis.png

mccarron.png

nfc.png

switzer.png

Edited by SBlueman

40 minutes ago, bruddog said:

The reason I suggested lb2 is because lb1 almost exclusively pass rushes. 

I started to fall down the rabbit hole of trying to edit defensive reactions and lost my way this offseason. It just seemed odd to have a db at the LB2 spot but the LB1 rushes or covers RBs most of the time. I will be play testing it this weekend, looking forward to seeing how the change will affect COM vs COM games..

And to anyone out there, please keep the feedback coming. I plan on having a year end release come playoff time so until then let me know what you all think!

• Knobbe pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

FYI, in case anyone is interested, attached to this post is a text file of all the edits done with TSBTool including all the set commands installed. Please note some of the hacks installed in this game were done using an .ips patch. I've also been working on a spread sheet that I use for player rankings. I'll be posting it up once I make it a bit more user-friendly. I hope this helps anyone who wants to dip their toes into editing the game. 

Also, if anyone want to edit the game I posted in any way (include/exclude hacks, edit players, etc.) you want to use the vanilla version to edit in TSBTool, then re-apply the hacks via TSBTool and the .ips patches with something like Lunar IPS. The "Push/Pull" hack is a huge piece of code and once installed will make it so whenever you edit a NFC West player the game will glitch and become unplayable once a game kicks off.

IPS files used:

Text File:

Edited by SBlueman

What's New in Version 2.3   See changelog 

Released 1 minute ago

• Updated/Added the following set commands:
#Better INT returns
#http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/11106-tsb-editor-tsbtool-supreme-season-generator/?do=findComment&comment=387879
SET(0xBFC5,0xF710E100E00CE303E4DFFEFF)

#Defensive Pursuit Based on Quickness
#http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/64567-jbi-hacks/?do=findComment&comment=438141
SET(0x28ddd,0x2030E3EAEA)
SET(0x28de5,0x2064E3EAEA)
SET(0x28ea3,0x2030E3EAEA)
SET(0x28eab,0x2064E3EAEA)
SET(0x3e340,0xA008B1AEAA8A45703008A91E186920CBDA608A208DDDA08720AADDB954E3186920CBDA602422201E1C191613100D0A0705030201)
SET(0x3e374,0xA008B1AEAA8A45703008A905186920CBDA608A208DDDA08720AADDB988E3186920CBDA6008080707060605050404030302020101)

• 1 month later...