New York, NY - 10/20/18 - The New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2018

Thanks to everyone who came out and played. It felt like as much like a celebration as it does a tourney to me. I will have a more official writeup of my take on the day and my games soon, but first I wanted to congratulate @Ranatoro for his big win.

The top finishers were:

1) Dave H (Ranatoro)

2) Matt D (Matty D)

3) Kevin S (tadaos)

4) Mort

Rounding out the top eight were Danny K (@knightsof3), Bo O (oklahoma), Erik M (arncoem), and Mike M.  Five different players finished in the top 8 this year from last year!  The raffle prize winners were Mort, Patrick B (@PatrickB1008), Mike M, and Matt B (@deadfaulkner) (for a second year in a row).  Special thanks to Ryan, Patrick, Matt, Erik, and Greg for all the extra work they put into making the tournament happen.

The Championship features a Bills-49ers matchup, which was a sight to behold.  San Fran was called in two other matchups on the day (SF/GIA and SF/HOU) and they won both.  Other tecmobowl.org members who were in attendance were Brad T (@dwightstone) who also made the round of 16.  If I am missing any board members who were there, please tag them!

Big thanks to Brian for another awesome tournament. Congratulations to @Ranatoro on an amazing run. He won a game on a safety glitch on the last play of a tie game when his opponent was going for the AC JJ. Rode the wave all the way to the championship. I, like many others couldn’t believe the SF-BUF championship game call. Especially after he gave up an onside kick return td to open the game. Mort commented “You gotta have some big balls to call SF-BUF!” Haha But he battled back and played a great game. Nice catching up with some NE regulars and seeing some new faces too. Looking forward to CT Tecmo X! 

I second the thanks for all the help putting this tournament on, Ryan, Patrick, Matt, Erik, and Greg, also @Bad Moon Rison. Another great event, layout worked really well this year. I promise at some point I will pay the charity bounty backlog that all of you have earned, I've been dealing with first world problems and studying up for elections in November.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...