New York, NY - 10/20/18 - The New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2018

https://northeasttecmo.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/cropped-nelogoheader.png?w=940&h=198&crop=1

The New York City Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2018

When: Saturday, October 20th, 2018- Setup and registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Play will start @ 11:00 AM EST.

Location: Raven's Head Public House, 3804 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11103
(Approx. 15 minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Uptown R train to Steinway Street in Queens)

Desired Number of Participants: 32-48

Buy-in: $30 entry, 20% off via online registration before Oct. 8

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (Coax/AV Cable).

Tourney Format: Group play will include a minimum of 4 players in each group playing one another in round-robin format. Once group play is completed, all players move on to the bracket and are seeded according to their finish in their group standings and record. The bottom half of the field plays each other in the first round of the bracket. All other players with better records get BYEs. The better you do in group play, the more BYEs you may receive (for some, it may be at least two or three BYEs). The Single Elimination Bracket will decide who will be the NYC Tecmo Super Bowl Champion!

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win raffle prizes throughout the day!

How to Register: Register online at northeasttecmo.com! Tournament entry is $30, but if you pre-register and pay online through Paypal before October 8th, you will receive a 20% discount!

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to [email protected]

Come celebrate the 8th straight year of Tecmo in Astoria at Raven's Head on October 20th!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bad Moon Rison said:

@Knobbe  I tweeted yesterday and didn't know who he was but then made the connection.

Why does he follow you?  Is he legit into Tecmo?

I'm not real sure he'd ever come to a tourney but he legit plays

• DFM unpinned this topic

Congrats to @Ranatoro for winning this thing over @MattyD

@tadaos out Mort for 3rd.

44500788_2361718027384306_16879227615083

I also see @Yak @discdolo @Bad Moon Rison @oklahoma @Nameless Loser @arncoem @Barletti @Deviled Greg and @hoigaard

A lot of heavy hitters. Did I miss anyone?

Thanks again to @Bad Moon Rison for hosting another awesome NYC Tournament. Apologies for having to ghost not long after my loss, but I was presented with a dinner opportunity that I could catch if I hurried. Brian, Ryan and crew do an amazing job. I am thoroughly impressed every year. Thanks again for hosting, guys!

I'm also glad to see @Ranatoro won, because I lost to him in the quarter finals. Funny story about my quarter finals loss...

MIN (me) vs. MIA (him). 7-7 at the very end of the 4th. Near my own end zone. I go to throw a Hail Mary to Anthony Carter as time expires. Wade Wilson is by my end zone line. A Dolphins defender bot jumps and blocks my pass at the line. The ball floats in the air backwards and out of the Northern side of the end zone. Incomplete? NOPE. How about end zone safety glitch for FOR THE LOSS. I lost 7-9 because of this blocked pass safety glitch!

Hey, if I'm gonna lose, might as well be memorable. And to be fair, Ranatoro fumbled the ball about 3 times that game, so I feel like the TSB Gods were throwing him a bone for getting screwed throughout the entire game.

This was a ton of fun and a run I'll never forget.  In addition to the crazy glitch ending @Yak mentioned, I had to pull out a super tough round of 16 game against @discdolo who had beaten me in group play. He was up most of the game but I caught him at the end to win 14-13.  I was very happy to make it to the quarterfinals, and after beating Danny K I was thrilled to make it through to the semis. 

Then getting through @tadaos and @MattyD at the end, both of last year's finalists and three time champs between them, was just completely unexpected. Over a decade after winning the OTFL and HSTL championships, I can add a live tournament crown to the list.  What a thrill.

Thanks again to @Bad Moon Rison for another great event.  See you all next time.