Original Tecmo Bowl (not TSB) not reflecting changes made by Tecmo Bowl editor

Hi Everyone,

So I started editing the original 12 Tecmo Bowl for a 2018 roster update, which will eventually be 3 total updated roms,  one with the original 12 teams,  and the other 2 will consist of the other 20 teams plus a few reappearances of teams from the original 12.  When I run Tecmo Bowl Manager on my laptop and load the rom, I see the changes I have made to the rom.  However, If I copy the rom over to my android phone and run it on my emulator, none of the changes I have made are reflected.  The rom essentially looks untouched.  Anyone else have this happen?  

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I have found a work-around of sorts to remedy this.  If i copy my edited ROM to an SD card, and open up TB Manager and open the edited file that is saved in the same folder as TB Manager, then I am able to overwrite the copy of the ROM in the SD card by choosing "Save As" and selecting the copied file on the SD card and allow TB Manager to overwrite that copy.  I have been able to replicate this twice but I am still unsure as to why I have to go this route unless it is a quirk of TB Manager.