tsb tool issue with Bills QB and RB

quan588

I'm brand new to this, but absolutely loving the great tools and features people have provided on this site. The only problem I'm really having (that I cannot seem to find an answer to) is that when I use TSB tool to apply to Rom, it does crazy things to the attributes of the Bills QB's and RB's.

I would appreciate any assistance!!! 

What rom are you using as a base to edit from?

Try editing the text created by the TSB Tool instead of using the individual player editor tool

I am also noticing when players are identical on different teams, it can scramble the names and attributes.

Ended up with Kurt Russell after a Kurt Warner / Russell Wilson mixup :)

1 hour ago, quan588 said:

I'm editing an NCAA rom (32 team). I just tried that (editing the text in TSB instead) and unfortunately it didn't work. 

Ugh.

ps, interesting...Kurt Russell lol

Not sure if this will help but try deleting the '2018' where it says "Year=2018"

I did find that this was changing edits to the menu title and deleting the 2018 will leave the menu text editing intact.

Check to make sure commas are in the proper places. Might not be a bad idea to re-download a fresh copy of the rom and begin again.

Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, quan588 said:

When I delete 2018, it gives me an error. Still looks like it saves, but when I open it, it goes back to something crazy.

Just delete 2018, right? Not the word "year" also.

you can delete the entire line, yes, but i am not sure this is what the problem is.. hmm..

I figured this out: Don't change the year to a 4 digit number, you're right, it messes up some menus. Even though it gives you an error when you save as 18, that's better. Only way for me to get it back to right so it would load up correctly is use the hex editor to fix it.

So, here's my question, I have those 2 Bills QB's and all 4 RB's whose attributes are screwed up. Any idea how I could find them in hex editor and change them there? I've tried this link to figure out how (https://tecmobowlers.com/2016/08/25/hacking-tecmo-players-and-stats/), but I still can't seem to find those numbers.