Rule Dispute

Gats and myself had a disagreement over if Willie Green of the Detroit Lions is a WR or a RB and therefore if he can run the ball. The game has him listed as a Running Back and every other team has 4 Running  Backs.  However he has 13 HP which only WR have and every WR except Gary Wilkins of the Falcons and Art Monk of the Redskins has 13 HP.  I'm curious as to what others think should be the ruling on this particularly how tournament organizers would handle this despite if it came up in a game and if this has ever come up before.

If the game says he's a RB, then he's a RB IMO as far as those rules go.

This is a non issue, as you have Mel Gray and Barry Sanders on that team anyway, and little/no reason to put him in for any significant work.

I think you meant to say Art Monk has 31 HP.  No one is arguing that Art Monk is a RB with 31 HP.

1 hour ago, hankthetank said:

Gats and myself had a disagreement over if Willie Green of the Detroit Lions is a WR or a RB and therefore if he can run the ball. The game has him listed as a Running Back and every other team has 4 Running  Backs.  However he has 13 HP which only WR have and every WR except Gary Wilkins of the Falcons and Art Monk of the Redskins has 13 HP.  I'm curious as to what others think should be the ruling on this particularly how tournament organizers would handle this despite if it came up in a game and if this has ever come up before.

2 hours ago, stalltalk said:

He's a wide receiver.

this. This also came up in hstl. it was my opinion then and still is now that he is and should be treated as a wr. The league ruled otherwise and let him run the ball. IRL he was a WR and #86 for the Lions and 13 hp is less than every RB. 

And yes Detroit the RnS team only has 3 RBs on their roster

8 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

If the game says he's a RB, then he's a RB IMO as far as those rules go.

This is a non issue, as you have Mel Gray and Barry Sanders on that team anyway, and little/no reason to put him in for any significant work.

I think you meant to say Art Monk has 31 HP.  No one is arguing that Art Monk is a RB with 31 HP.

Well I was had Gray at WR and Wilder went into Excellent and I put him at TE

For Blocking so Sanders could get better support but I still had a run for RB1 at Run 2 I put in Green assuming he could run the ball and there is where the Dispute came from.