How do you add penalties to Tecmo Super Bowl?

I saw all of the articles on penalties in Tecmo Super Bowl but all I see is that @bruddog was able to do a hack that discovered the penalty screens and actually implemented them to the game, and that there's game genie codes that replaced the intro with either the false start screen or the offside screen. But they don't show people how to add them into the game so they actually effect the game. I know that the offside screen so far can't be added into TSB but I know since bruddog was able to add the false start screen, I'm only aiming to add the false start screen. So, how do you add false starts into the game?

I just made the screens appear. I never made a hack that made penalties actually work in the game.

I know how to go about making such a hack at this point but its rather a long and involved hack that would involve a ton of new code and I haven't had the time to do it....yet. 

So in short you can't add false starts to the game yet.

13 hours ago, bruddog said:

I just made the screens appear. I never made a hack that made penalties actually work in the game.

I know how to go about making such a hack at this point but its rather a long and involved hack that would involve a ton of new code and I haven't had the time to do it....yet. 

So in short you can't add false starts to the game yet.

Well, today I tried to do an experiment to see if it can be implemented into the game which I used these two resources to help me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XkJQFs0OQ

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/9946-events/

And how the experiment turn out. False Starts can either be implemented or malfunctioned and the result was that False Starts are malfunctioned as of right now. When I tried to use the debugger each time I use the debugger to add the penalties, if i click run until a certain part of the cadence it would land at a BRK which is not editable. Then If I put it at an editable spot that rom currupts before the first kickoff happens. So as of right now, you can't add False Starts. But, I think once we can get working codes to edit the game and add the false start then it could be addable.

I have the entire game reverse engineered. It's definitely possible to add  A LOT of code to add penalties. But the game logic for adding penalties does not exist in the game at all.

All that exists in the rom are the partially completed cutscene screens for dealing with penalites.