(NES) TECMO GREY CUP 2018

TECMO GREY CUP 2018

With the CFL playoffs here I decided to do an update to this great rom. I have added the hack to help ball carriers to crash through the line better. I have also changed the NFL all star team to include the original TSB all stars!  I have uploaded 3 roms, and there are now 7 ninute quarters!

-NEW Play as road team version added!!!

-NEW 2018 SCHEDULE!!!

-Updated Playbooks!

703419515_TECMOGREYCUP2018-MaxJuicewrdteamhack(4.3)-2.thumb.png.9f7cd883b20758bf1e4a751c697bc934.png

COLLAROS.png

KYRIES HEBERT.png

TRAVON VAN.png

Manziel Als.png

A Bowman Als.png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 (2.1)-0.png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 (2.1)-1.png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 (2.1)-3.png

Edited by tiredtonsofclay
Roster update!

With CFL cuts made on Sunday the newest version of Tecmo Grey Cup is here! I have made various sim rating adjustments, but the big news is I have now added 7 minute quarters. I noticed the com vs com results were not matching up with the sim stats, so this helps. 

The CFL season starts tomorrow, so here is TECMO GREY CUP 2018! I have taken the Rom that Bruddog, Buck, and chris99 made great and added a few things to make it even better! The Max Juice rom has the better punt com timing hack, which makes it even harder than the original, in my opinion. I have also added the "more nfl-like ratng value" hack which gives seasons a more sim-like feel.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, tiredtonsofclay said:

Not sure how to fix that...

On 6/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, ShallBeReleased said:

There's an error in the intro screen, says 'CA2018NADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE'

This is from editing the ROM with the TSBTool and leaving the 'Year=2018' line in.

Make your edits and delete the line that says Year=2018 and it will leave the menu text alone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Knobbe pinned this topic

Did you update all the rosters though? Some of them look like they haven't been updated since before the season started. Also did you change any other settings (i.e. fumbles or interceptions) on the regular version, not the juiced version? It seems like every defender I pick is very slow and every RB is super fast.

16 hours ago, reid3434 said:

Did you update all the rosters though? Some of them look like they haven't been updated since before the season started. Also did you change any other settings (i.e. fumbles or interceptions) on the regular version, not the juiced version? It seems like every defender I pick is very slow and every RB is super fast.

It seemed liket he RBs were to slow on my teams  and super fast on the Cpu were super fast as well. There seems to be a glitch in the TSB tool where you need to apply your save file to your rom twice or some reason. I re-uploaded new versions that seem to be working fine now.

Just a couple questions. Have you thought of changing the NFL Pro Bowl roster to CFL all time greats? Just thought if you are making a CFL game might as well make it all CFL.

Also are you able to change the plays for the playbooks? Some people have added plays to their NFL updates and some of the plays might be cool to have in your CFL version...like a shovel pass.

1 hour ago, reid3434 said:

Just a couple questions. Have you thought of changing the NFL Pro Bowl roster to CFL all time greats? Just thought if you are making a CFL game might as well make it all CFL.

Also are you able to change the plays for the playbooks? Some people have added plays to their NFL updates and some of the plays might be cool to have in your CFL version...like a shovel pass.

I havent yet done the research on the all CFL team, but since u asked i may as well do that for the Grey Cup edition of the game. I am working on some roms from the 2002-2006 era, the last time Ottawa had a team in the league.

As for play books, yea id like to put some more CFL like plays in there, i just havent delved into laybook editing that much, but i will eventually .

I left you this before on another message so it you want to use this go ahead. I would help you edit this but...I don't  quite know how to on a Mac!

I tried to have each team have a player at a playable position so people could be a player from their team if they wanted. So that's why a guy like Jerry Campbell, LB, from Ottawa made the team; he does have impressive credentials and his nickname is Soupy so....he had to be one the team. I was going to pick Kelvin Anderson from Stamps at RB but since we don't have a spot for just returners I added Clemons to RB so he could double as a returner. Same with Steinauer; needed an extra Argo to balance out the rosters. Also I tried to have a mix of old school to recent players. Also the OL is just the best players I could find (CFL top 100, Award winners, etc.) so they may not all be at the proper position. Should have 3 Als, 2 Roughriders, 5 Ti Cats, 3 Argos, 3 Riders, 4 Esks, 3 Stamps, 3 Bombers, 4 Lions. So here you go...

QB - Doug Flutie - Stamps, Anthony Cavillo, Als. 

RB - George Reed - Riders, Mike Pringle - Als, Johnny Bright - Esks, Mike "Pinball" Clemons - Argos.

WR - Geroy Simon - Lions, Milt Stegall - Bombers, Brian Kelly - Esks, Allen Pitts - Stamps

TE - Hal Patterson - Als, Ray Elgaard - Riders

C - Dan Ferrone - Argos

G - Roger Aldag - Riders, Kaye Vaughn - Ottawa

T - Chris Walby - Bombers, John Barrow - Ti Cats

DE - James "Quick" Parker - Lions, Joe Monford - Ti Cats

NT - Grover Covington - Ti Cats

LB - Dan Kepley - Esks, Wayne Harris - Stamps, Willie Pless - Esks, Jerry "Soupy" Campbell - Ottawa

CB - Les Browne - Ti Cats, Baron Miles - Lions

S - Orlando Steinauer - Argos, Garney Henley - Ti Cats

K - Lou Passaglia - Lions

P - Bob Cameron - Bombers

4.3  Update! CFL trade deadline has passed!

Players added

RB Tyrell Sutten (B.C. Lions)WR Shaq Lawrence (B.C Lions)WR GEORGE JOHNSON (Montreal Allouettes)

I have also added the CFL All time greats team as requested above that can be selected with the "change players" option  in the Pro Bowl menu

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 - Max Juice wrdteamhack(4.3).png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 - Max Juice wrdteamhack(4.3)-0.png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 (4.3)-0.png

TECMO GREY CUP 2018 (4.3).png