Sign in to follow this  
moulds33

Any of you guys ever twitch stream from PS4?

I've been toying with the idea lately and was wondering if anybody else around here has done it?  I'm not the most tech savvy cat but it doesn't seem that bad from what I've read.  So if you are getting twitch friend requests from me, it's because i"m actually logging in again finally.

Posted (edited)

It's easy but you really can't do any special stuff.I use it when i play windjammers online 

Edited by meat

It actually worked pretty well.  Pretty basic like meat said, but the picture and sound were good.  Apparently you can't do 1080p unless you have a PS4 pro but the 720 looked fine.  Seems like using your phone or laptop is  the best way to keep up with your chat.  I don't like the way it resizes if you have it on screen while you play.  I think i'd get a camera if I was ever to get serious, not that i'm attractive but I'm guessing people would rather see you than not.

We played fortnite and actually got two squad wins in a row, which for us is pretty good.  My friends had to enable their sound, otherwise the PS4 party can't be heard on stream but it was an easy setting fix. 

I'll probably keep messing with it some but overall was happy with how easy it was.  I'd like to research it more and see if you can add things easily without having to remote in from a pc.  But having music, auto chat messages, subscriber notifications, etc. would be rad.  Next time I might tweet it out to see if I can get more than 4 viewers at a time.  :)