Minneapolis, MN - 08/04/18 - Millard's Mayhem 3: Teen Wolfley

6 hours ago, 8-bit said:

If you're on the fence about coming just come!! SammieSmith has a bunch of sweet raffle prizes and the peoples champ will be signing autographs. 

8-bit is absolutely right about anyone on the fence about coming. SammieSmith33 hosts supreme tournaments and the guy totally crushes it on the mic! Kris really goes above and beyond to try and get a prize for almost everyone who attends. Do yourselves a favor and attend the MAYHEM!

20 hours ago, joeygats said:

Hey @SammieSmith33 how many places get paid out and how much is the payouts

Gats:

right now it it looks like this.  

Payouts: 

1st: 400 and belt

2nd:100

3rd: 100

I will send out a final email on Wednesday with groups and all that good stuff.  Trying to finalize everything today and tomorrow.  

Edited by SammieSmith33
needed to add more info

14 hours ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Gats,

Your a Cowboys fan from Philadelphia.  How is that? Or do you have some affiliation with Texas?

When I was a kid around 4 before I really knew about sports or home team pride I just liked the uniform navy blue silver with stars ... And Im a loyal person so by time I learned about them other things I stuck with dal but Philly is my second favorite team 

Sorry not sending update out yesterday.  Fridge went out and had to find a new one to get delivered by Friday.  All good now.  Will post update at 1:30 pm.

cant wait!!!

11 minutes ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Sorry not sending update out yesterday.  Fridge went out and had to find a new one to get delivered by Friday.  All good now.  Will post update at 1:30 pm.

cant wait!!!

And a nation holds it breath in anticipation

Everything is the same as the beginning!  We are still at the Tin Shed in Savage, MN at 11:00 am Aug. 4.  I am going to set up early on Friday night at 9:00-9:30 so I don't have to do it in the morning. If you want to pay with pay pal my email is [email protected].  If not just bring cash on Saturday.  I prefer that then it is easier to pay out. It should be a great time and there will be lots of excitement to go around.  Segathon is bringing NHL 95, I will also be bringing NBA Jam and a secret game with a contest for you all.  So pack it up and get out here so we can make Tecmo memories happen.  

Contestants:
Kris (SammieSmith33)
Scott (The Body)
Tony (Lakitu)
George (Peoples Champ)
James (Win Reaper)
Joey Gats (Gats)
Nate (RetroNathan)
Kramer (Dykes)
Scib (Nostradomaus)
Josh (HughMlleNation)
Tom (8-Bit)
Kris (K-Dog)
Ben (El Guapo)
Jock (J-Money)
Mike (Barry&Bo)
Nick (Segathon)
Jon (QBBrowns)
Hank (Hank The Tank)
Jason (Jashags88)
Chad (Frank The Tank)
Rob (Faster Than A Speeding Beebe)
Curt (Jocu9901)

Possible 3 others which would make for a 25 man tourney
sack

There will be free raffle prizes and other contests as well. There will also be some cool rules attached to it as well.

E4FD93DF-8EC4-4B18-8576-26FFF2859A42.thumb.jpeg.3bb9beebbe431ccf27f5e1af1022636e.jpeg

Millard’s Mayhem TecmoSuperBowl tournament wrapped up tonight with some amazing games! JoeyGats brings home another title in a 21-10 victory over myself, MIN over WAS. Jock takes 3rd. Excellent tournament yet again out in Minnesota @SammieSmith33!! Great job, fantastic prizes, and an awesome experience!!

Thanks to all who came to Millard's Mayhem III: Teen Wolfley.  

Thanks to Ron Wolfley for signing the Teen Wolfley poster and being a great representation to Tecmo Super Bowl Legacy of Players.

Thanks to RetroNathan for helping me setup on Friday and Segathon for bringing some Sega action and extra extension cords.

There were also lots of Dionne Warwick moments with exchanging of raffle prizes.  It all worked out perfectly or as the Tecmo Gods would have wanted it.  

There will several games of the tourney that happened as well:

Josh (HughMillenation) vs. Joey Gats (Gats):  the matchup was epic. Josh held Gats to zero points through regulation in a 0-0 battle to eventually lose in overtime to Gats.  Gats missed two field goals in the last 1:30 both within 30 yards.  It was crazy.

Segathon in group play was the master of overtime as well winning two game in OT.  One against Jon (QB Browns) and one against Chad (Frank The Tank).  

My brother Jock (J-Money) also had a game winning drive in overtime with the Cowboys when Emmitt Smith jumped up at the opponents 30 catching a pass and  breaking a group of three defenders including a player defender with super human strength and taking it to the house for not only the win but also winning an authentic Emmitt Smith Jersey based on that play.  He also had a Hail Mary against Chad (Frank The Tank) with no time left to beat him in regulation.  It was an epic run for my brother who ended up taking 3rd.

A new twist the tourney was having golden tickets.  If you lost in bracket play, to stay in the double elimination part of the tourney you needed to get a golden ticket.  If you received a golden ticket you were put back in the tourney.  It made it exciting for everyone and it also made it worth while for everyone to stay to see if they would be back in the tourney.  

Scib (Nostradomas) went 0-4 in group play but after winning a Karl Malone cup went to the elite 8 on a epic run taking out 8-Bit.  I guess he predicted he would down play himself and get everyone buy surprise.  

Overall I was really satisfied with the tourney and all the excitement.  Can't wait to attend future tourneys and also for next years Milliard Mayhem IV!  

Congrats to Joey Gats for another great run in a tourney.  Mad Skills Yo!

image4.thumb.jpeg.9f77a853d8460cbaf044c8108c4616c7.jpeg

We found out in this tourney where Hank the Tank gets his super powers, a notebook of secrets.

2087992546_image3(1).thumb.jpeg.695c2850cae194a6525ea8f85953f586.jpeg

We also found out that Segathon might be the real Teen Wolf as he had to calm himself down in the bathroom so he wouldn't change.

269179579_image1(4).thumb.jpeg.e716b1d720932c19b088f1ffc9c5e94b.jpeg

Ill post some videos later today.

Edited by SammieSmith33

This was a great tournament hosted by SammieSmith. Amazing raffle prizes and mini competitions within the tournament. My 133 rushing yards with Wolfley in good condition was not enough for the special raffle prize falling short to some bruiser that managed around 150. If anyone has a picture of the raffle prize table and could post it or PM it to me that'd be great. Nice seeing everyone ?

Here are some videos from the tourney.  

Also, I am sorry and forgot to mention.  It was great having Jon Bailey play in the Millard's Mayhem as well.  He came out of retirement and got his groove on.  He and I also have similar music taste.  

Highlights in Bullet form

• Great job @SammieSmith33  You put a ton of work into the tourney and it showed.  The amount of raffle prizes, wrinkles for games and the golden ticket were great.
  • Tin Shed had a great set up and surprisingly didn't kick us out even though a M'n F'r was yelled about every 2 minutes  :)
  • Atmosphere was Electric with all the Samie Bros, Nostradomus, Tony and the rest of your crew that goes nuts at Madison and THEN goes to the Dells for the rest of the night.  True Pros
  • 8 Bit and his famous headphones and laid back coolness
  • The Goat Gats and Hank the Tank making it to MN even with car trouble.  And Hank and I getting some Fire Pro Wrestling in
  • Retro Nathan, Bailey and I discussing Tecmo HORSE Matchups
  • Frank the Tank - not to be confused with Hank the Tank 
  • Had my Segathon Entourage show up, but they were too scared to play with such great Tecmo athletes in room
  • Those Kramer Boys from Clear Lake Iowa that I will never be able to beat at tecmo
  • Lastly we joke about the Tecmo Gods but they are real.  I lost to one of those Dastardly Kramer boys in the playoffs when I did a beautiful cycle through burn route to Mark Clayton where two defenders dived and missed.  I am feeling full BSD on this play and decide to get tackled in bounds to run the clock.  Then a lightening bolt hits from Tecmo Gods and I fumble and turn over and lose game.  BUT THEN LATER on the Golden Ticket draw to get back in the Tourney not only do I NOT draw a golden ticket but I draw "Mark Clayton" the same guy that fumbled and lost the game!

1 hour ago, segathonsov said:

Highlights in Bullet form

• Great job @SammieSmith33  You put a ton of work into the tourney and it showed.  The amount of raffle prizes, wrinkles for games and the golden ticket were great.
  • Tin Shed had a great set up and surprisingly didn't kick us out even though a M'n F'r was yelled about every 2 minutes  :)
  • Atmosphere was Electric with all the Samie Bros, Nostradomus, Tony and the rest of your crew that goes nuts at Madison and THEN goes to the Dells for the rest of the night.  True Pros
  • 8 Bit and his famous headphones and laid back coolness
  • The Goat Gats and Hank the Tank making it to MN even with car trouble.  And Hank and I getting some Fire Pro Wrestling in
  • Retro Nathan, Bailey and I discussing Tecmo HORSE Matchups
  • Frank the Tank - not to be confused with Hank the Tank 
  • Had my Segathon Entourage show up, but they were too scared to play with such great Tecmo athletes in room
  • Those Kramer Boys from Clear Lake Iowa that I will never be able to beat at tecmo
  • Lastly we joke about the Tecmo Gods but they are real.  I lost to one of those Dastardly Kramer boys in the playoffs when I did a beautiful cycle through burn route to Mark Clayton where two defenders dived and missed.  I am feeling full BSD on this play and decide to get tackled in bounds to run the clock.  Then a lightening bolt hits from Tecmo Gods and I fumble and turn over and lose game.  BUT THEN LATER on the Golden Ticket draw to get back in the Tourney not only do I NOT draw a golden ticket but I draw "Mark Clayton" the same guy that fumbled and lost the game!

The Kramer Brothers Crushed it this tournament.  They had an opportunity to play each other in the championship with K-Dog making it to the final match-up beating RetroNathan but Kramer lost to Gats.  Then Nostradamus screwed over Kramer by not using his powers and not getting him  a golden ticket. Boy the Iowa boys represent hardcore.  MN and Iowa need a border battle game.  It would be great.  Lets set it up for February as a warm-up to Madison.  Will Nostradamus ever get over the hump and take out Kramer? 0-3 record against him.  Maybe Kramer has the mind blocking tactics to fool Nostradamus.  The rivalry continues.

Edited by SammieSmith33

5 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Looks like it was an amazing time.  Congrats @SammieSmith33 on a great tournament!

Thanks man it was fun. Great group of guys showed up.  I was especially happy with some of the newer guys who came.  Curt, Chad, Ben, and James displayed a good showing at the tourney.  I saw your National Anthem.  Are you sure you don't do it for the Blackhawks? lol

• Knobbe unpinned this topic