Chicago, IL - 09/22/2018 - Tecmo Players Championship

received_10160312781390459.jpeg

Saturday September 22, 2018

Start time 10 am

Where: Dmen tap  2849 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618

Entry fee 150 (100% of prize money goes to prize pool. 

1st place 1700. Plus pimp outfit as an official Tecmo Super Player Champion.

2nd place 800

3rd place 500

Pool play winners 300 each.

https://paypal.me/mort1237/150

You can also pay me in person.  I will be at the Midwest tsb tournament and possibly New Orleans tecmo.

Max participants 36. Goal 24. All prizes based on 24.  12 minimum needed.

https://challonge.com/Tecmoplayerschamp2018/

Stream channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g

Please add Tom's channel's if you have not added it.  He will be doing the main stream including the championship series.

www.twitch.tv/retrosportsgamertom/

Format

Group Play.  With 24 we will form two groups of 12.  The 12 best players in attendance will form group 1.  The next 12 will form group 2.  Each attendee will be asked to rank the players coming 1-23.  this will determine group placement.

You will play each person in your group once. The winners of each group will get there entry fee back.  With 36 we will form 3 groups. 4 to 6 hours.  (Also group play will add up to 11 games no matter the amount of participants)

24 to 36 single elimination tournament. 

All rounds a best of 3 series.  Byes will be based upon performance in group play. 4 to 6 hours.

Standard Madison rules except one tweak to the one matchup once rule.  A player can only play in a matchup once during the tournament.  It doesn't matter if he calls it or his opponent.

Now I am looking for the best 24 to 36 players I can find.  Right now I am trying to gauge interest.  If demand is high I will have to put together a selection committee to narrow the field.  Otherwise I will start officially signing people up once the date is set.

If interested in playing please Email me at [email protected]

And pay with this link.

https://paypal.me/mort1237/150

Official entrants (15)  max 36

..Mort

..Louis B

..RSG Tom

.Flo

..DPS

..Joseph Moore

..TecmoPsycho (D. Rubble)

.Retro nate

..Nos

..Hank

.Gats

..Troy gblan

.Kevin Carbello

..Matt O'Toole

.TecmoBo

Interested list.

Flo

Gats

Louis Buennagel

Mort

Rsg Tom

Joseph Moore

DPS

Sonofpatbeach

Tecmobo (chi)

Hank the tank

Nos

Excellent?? tsb player (orenga)

Tecmo psycho

Jimsocks

Darth Rockman 

James Kuhn

Edited by mort1237

• Knobbe changed the title to Chicago, IL - 9/22/2018 Tecmo Players Championship
  • Knobbe pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DFM changed the title to Chicago, IL - 09/22/2018 - Tecmo Players Championship

As per Tom's announcement the day before the hardcore tourney will be the players championship satellite.  I'm offering a free entry into the players championship for the winner of this tourney.  

I need at least 10 people by 7pm at dmen tap.  Tourney will be group format using player championship format.

Tourney will be just group play of at least 10 players.  I can do as many as 24 depending on equipment and time.  

This will be a nice trial run for the players championship specific matchup picking rules and the change in the use only once rule.

Standard Madison rules for gameplay.  Only those that sign up and play in hardcore tourney are eligible to play in the satellite and to receive the prize.

After the success of the hardcore tourney this event will be at dmen tap as well.  Based on a suggestion by Tom I've edited the prize structure.  Official sign ups will start in two weeks.  I need at least 12 sign ups to hold the event.

Also there will be a satellite event for a free entry.  Date to be determined in august.  

Awesome to hear guys.  I'm now taking official sign ups.  Sept 22nd is locked in stone.  So is our location up at dmen tap.  Right now those that have entered are as follows.  

Flo, RSG Tom, DPS, Joseph Moore, Louis B, myself.  I need 6 more to make it official.  All sign ups are refundable.  As long as I have 12 people paid in by the weekend before the event date we are doing it.  

Details about the satellite in August will be coming soon.

Use the PayPal link in the top post to sign up and send your entry fee.

Edited by mort1237

On 6/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, JimSocks13 said:

Trying to make this work. With the Browns opening game September 9th, its hard to get two weekends away in the same month. But definitely interested, forecast is 70% at this point. 

hope you can make it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need one more official sign up to make this tourney set in stone.  I've decided on an eight man format that would work if needed.

8*150 is 1200 in prizes.

1st 900

2nd 300

After group play of 8 games.  3 rounds best of 5.

That would make group play about 3-4 hrs.  Each round 1.5 and ideally 9 to 10 hours max.  Hoping not to use this format but I want a contingency established so people paying in no the tournament is set in stone.

5 hours ago, mort1237 said:

I need one more official sign up to make this tourney set in stone.  I've decided on an eight man format that would work if needed.

8*150 is 1200 in prizes.

1st 900

2nd 300

After group play of 8 games.  3 rounds best of 5.

That would make group play about 3-4 hrs.  Each round 1.5 and ideally 9 to 10 hours max.  Hoping not to use this format but I want a contingency established so people paying in no the tournament is set in stone.

im a definite