Fairfield, OH - 07/28/18 - 2018 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (11th Annual)

vogtcd11

I really don’t know if I’m more excited for RBI or Tecmo. But here’s the scoop. Should be fun, Friday. Will be streamed Friday night as well:

RBI Baseball Tourney Rules/Format

1. Round Robin
  2. Single elimination bracket placement by win-loss then run differential
  3. Championship game is Best of 3
  4. Coin toss winner chooses matchup and home/away
  5. Coin toss loser chooses team first
  6. Anything goes pitchwise
  7. One starting pitcher used per team, per game 
  8. Can only use relief pitchers mid game, unless game goes into extra innings second starter may be used
  9. Infield fly unless there is an error
  10. Title game: Coin toss winner chooses matchup and home/away for Game 1, opponent chooses team first... Opponents switch teams and home/away for Game 2... Run differential from Games 1 and 2 determine choice of team or home/away first for Game 3.
  11. Note: When fielding ball close to the wall, run away from the wall prior to throwing it to avoid ball in stands glitch. In that case, all baserunners will have to score in order to continue the game. Sorry ?

Tiers

Tier 1 - BOS, DET

Tier 2 - CAL, SF, MIN, NY

Tier 3 - STL, HOU

13 hours ago, kmolnar3298 said:

Future Live footage from the mortmobile (someone’s riding in the trunk)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2Jy64b0dI

I don't think there is a trunk in the mortmobile but if there is and Gats starts singing I'll put him in there and if they all start singing I'll put myself in there.

3 hours ago, Woodshed said:

Do you guys need us to bring TVs and Nintendos or are you good to go?

Also, will the bucket o liquor be in the raffle again this year?

Hey brother! It’s always nice to have extra equipment just in case. Bring what you can. Appreciate it. Reaching out to McKinley’s Pub this week to solidify their donation of, your’s truly, Bucket O Liquor. ;) 

#MWTecmoXI pool play groups are subject to change, but these were based on recent major #TecmoSuperBowl tourney performances, knowledge of Tecmoer, who’s traveling with who, and who lives close to who. It was a b&@$% to do:

https://challonge.com/MWTecmo2018Pool

Some juggernaut pool play matchups that will certainly land on the livestream, which kicks off at 10:30 a.m. EST with a pregame show preview by TecmoPsycho and myself.

www.twitch.tv/mwtecmo

I was able to catch the majority of the stream throughout the day.  I thought Ruble's stream was excellent.  Props to @allamerican1569 aka Retro Sports Gamer Tom for hooking everyone up with the mobile bandwidth.

The competition on stream was entertaining.  I wanted to say I saw at least 3 overtime games.  Nice selection of who to put on stream and when by @vogtcd11.

Extremely fun tournament.  Vogts are always entertaining and enthusiastic about the game.  Dr. Mario sidegames were great which could lead to a tournament one day.  Chris Vogts Mort impression was great.  David Fulcher is the nicest guy.  My favorite line was from Matt Vogt "You guys wanna have a Mario Paint tournament?"

In brief, while I have a spare moment on this hungover Monday. This was by far the funnest Midwest tourney to date. And I’ve questioned how that’s even possible by measuring past tourneys. I think the best part was being able to have lengthy conversations with TheRetroSportsGamer, RetroNathan, JoeyGats, Hendershot, and others. The smoothest tourney to date as well. And that’s thanks to people like AJ Fullam, the mastermind of pool play excel spreadies. Derek Ruble, the dedicated live streamer. Tom Stahnke who provided the RBI stream Friday and a hotspot to better our internet connection for our main stream on Saturday. Hake for being the setup/registration dude. Caitlin and Kaylin, the waitress girls who served our entire weekend at a Rick’s Tavern. The owners of Ricks Tavern himself. Yuengling. Mort for his plethora of Nintendo equipment. Our sponsors. My brothers. The David Fulcher Foundation and David Fulcher, things would never be where they are at regarding MWTecmo if it weren’t for him. First day of family staycation away from work, so I’ll have an in-depth recap from my point of view to post later tonight. Thank you to TecmoBowl.org for allowing us to showcase and advertise our Tecmo endeavors to the world to experience. Stay tuned for my recap and photos. 

Anyone who has photos and stories to share from this weekend, please post them. I love recollecting and hearing about them. ✌️

Edited by vogtcd11

Had a great time, was a blast meeting the likes of the Vogt brothers, Diaz, gats, flo, Erik, ac Slater, tom, and many others. Below are some crummy photos I took, one is the crowd behind the finals gats v Diaz, other is of the championship bracket. In which somehow, someway gats managed to win this thing as a 10 seed (quite the stretch for him lol)

C6E8F29D-C8C6-4A26-8164-4B00ADC3BC54.jpeg

B7D94E77-15AC-4228-9232-E3285A09C766.jpeg

This is what I found in my phone from this weekend: 

Greg H pigging out during RBI/Nintendo Night.

RBI champ Matty V.

My beauts.

Me and a cool-ass Brian Saylor.

Mort, the legend Fulcher and myself.

GOAT Gats.

After hours at my house with RetroNathan.

2-on-2 Tecmo action at my house after party.

Midwest Tecmo 11 Final Four.

JimSocks and Jason S in losers bracket title game. Socks wins it.

Kaylin, Caitlin, the two Ricks Tavern waitresses and my mom who helped with the raffle.

Lefty and his girlfriend Destinee who helped with the raffle as well.

470992B4-7E26-4794-BC64-69DE5A54DB43.jpeg

E0AB101D-0AB4-4873-9A4F-67A6CA17DC25.jpeg

2D1E77D9-D4E9-4DF5-AFCC-0E7D403C05C2.jpeg

93CBB3F2-2D47-4AD9-A72F-D12AEF98DC7C.jpeg

DB4A580B-8132-4162-B13C-D5F392CFDD2D.jpeg

F8B81845-F642-455B-9BD6-2B9BB2A9A86D.jpeg

3D0824D1-8CB4-49DA-9B76-6BAB194BB596.jpeg

7F642A08-5B58-4CBE-A49F-27F5DB9F89C1.jpeg

ECBA07E8-6E0C-4A09-9D55-EEA2025C0DE0.jpeg

37E4F861-9DF8-41E2-BF03-A3A4EB04DF9E.jpeg

51937813-07E3-4AD3-AC78-257F69619462.jpeg

846C3BEC-7253-4E76-8C63-297A1EC1F187.jpeg

On 7/29/2018 at 2:51 AM, hankthetank said:

Extremely fun tournament.  Vogts are always entertaining and enthusiastic about the game.  Dr. Mario sidegames were great which could lead to a tournament one day.  Chris Vogts Mort impression was great.  David Fulcher is the nicest guy.  My favorite line was from Matt Vogt "You guys wanna have a Mario Paint tournament?"

@vogtcd11, We beat @RetroNathan and @bigmv54 twice! First, you had the big second half comeback, then I dominated the first half on Nate and you closed it out. Our 1v1 game was awesome though, 19-17. 

This whole weekend was amazing and I can't wait to come back down next year. The Vogts are an amazing family, can throw a party, and the atmosphere of Friday and Saturday night's were amazing.

Highlights:

• Meeting all the new guys, and re-introducing ourselves to the ones we see in passing at Madison or others. Like Diaz, who reminisced about being passed out in the corner of the bar at Madison.

• My opening game win, which came via a 75 yard Hail Mary JJ to Duper, then out-tapping Derek Thomas at the 3 yard line to score.

• Scoring three runs in the bottom of the 9th to beat @ImFlo in the RBI tourney - including the walk-off bomb by DARRYL!

• Winning the Corona bar sign

• Meeting David Fulcher, who is as nice of a guy as they come

• Swimming in @vogtcd11's pool in my boxers in the dark

• Staying at the Winton Woods campground in a rustic cabin with @joeygats, @hankthetank and @RetroNathan. It was a helluva lot cheaper than a hotel, and if we would have had the time, I think there could have been some awesome retro gaming going on inside. I don't know if I can ever come down to Cincy again and NOT stay at the campground. Almost an ideal location.

Lowlights:

• Construction in Indiana. From the west border to Indianapolis it was just barrels and barrels and no workers during the early afternoon on Friday. Then traffic came to a halt just 60 minutes from Cincy. 

That was it for the lowlights.

Thanks again to the Vogts, their families, Fulcher, the Bartenders & Rick's Tavern and everyone who came out. It was a great weekend getaway and maybe next year's we'll pepper in a 2v2 mini-tourney.