HalHawkins

Oaks, PA - 6/23/2018 - Tecmo Philly

Tonight, the Retro World Series is proud to announce the launch of Tecmo Tour. We are going to bring Tecmo Super Bowl across the country.

tecmo-philly-fb-cover-photo.thumb.jpg.43bdbc1610eea26a8949d43e70064329.jpg

tecmo-tour-schedule-1.jpg

Format
Two-Stage Tournament. Players will be divided into groups of four-player round robin groups. Top 2 from each group will advance to a single- or double-elimination bracket depending on tournament size.

Choosing Sides

• Players will flip coin to determine matchup and team selection.
    • Coin flip winner gets first choice of matchup and coin flip loser gets first choice of team OR
    • Coin flip winner can defer matchup choice to coin flip loser and then get first choice of team (e.g. if coin flip winner chooses defers, coin flip loser chooses matchup, and coin flip winner choose team first).
  • There is no limit to the number of times you can pick a specific matchup.

Gameplay Rules

• Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes
    • Customizing playbooks is permissible.

WR/TE at RB

• A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football.

Lurching

• Lurching is banned.

Ties/Overtime

• No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin, and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. Players must use the same teams from the previous game in the new game. The kicking team in the first game’s OT must be the receiving team in the new game.

Stats & Scores

• Scorecard
    • Players will be provided a scorecard before each match. The winner is responsible for recording the scores and stats on the scorecard and returning it to the scorekeeper and/or TO.
  • Penalty
    • If the winner does not hand in a completed and accurate scorecard, that player’s next opponent gets first choice of matchup AND team.
Edited by HalHawkins
adding format and rules

I guess this forum...

I'm still busy but I signed up as some dead money for both the Tecmo and the Tetris Attack the following day (no idea how that hustle is gonna go). If any of you want some T&A practice after the Tecmo, I should be available (although I likely will hit up Valley Forge NP at some point).

As indicated, I did, in fact, get rocked in Frogs and Flies. It was like 20-36, 24-32, before I had to bail for Mario Kart 64 (shockingly I actually won one? Mushroom Circuit better for noobs like me)

While they are still up here are a couple of the techniques shown at this tournament:

(Bad Moon Rison Jacob Green lockdown run D)

https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleBitterFungusOSsloth

(MattyD check to the curl pass in red zone)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyAmorphousHamburgerOhMyDog

It is unfortunate we don't have the game on stream where the CPU and I needed to tip 14/15 Sterling Sharpe passes (as Browns/Mike Johnson/Tony Blaylock) in order to win the game (the one I missed was a TD...).

Congratulations @MattyD and all who came out! I apologize I was not able to show you good technique on the stream...

P.S.

If you need some sleep go watch this around 1 hr:58 mark to the end, my patience was being tested:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277074219

Congrats to Matty D!  This isn't the first time he's had to win two in a row to win the tournament.  And congrats to Bo (oklahoma) for making a helluva run.  You're a dangerous man!

Thanks for the links, Leif! It was just as much of "John Stevens is really slow" as Jacob Green on lockdown.