HalHawkins

Atlanta, GA - 6/8/2018 - Tecmo Atlanta

Posted (edited)

Tonight, the Retro World Series is proud to announce the launch of Tecmo Tour. We are going to bring Tecmo Super Bowl across the country.

Register Here for Tecmo Atlanta:

http://retroworldseries.com/2018-19-season/2018-southern-fried-gaming-expo/

tecmo-atl-fb-cover-photo.jpg

tecmo-tour-schedule-1.jpg

Format
Two-Stage Tournament. Players will be divided into groups of four-player round robin groups. Top 2 from each group will advance to a single- or double-elimination bracket depending on tournament size.

Choosing Sides

• Players will flip coin to determine matchup and team selection.
    • Coin flip winner gets first choice of matchup and coin flip loser gets first choice of team OR
    • Coin flip winner can defer matchup choice to coin flip loser and then get first choice of team (e.g. if coin flip winner chooses defers, coin flip loser chooses matchup, and coin flip winner choose team first).
  • There is no limit to the number of times you can pick a specific matchup.

Gameplay Rules

• Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes
    • Customizing playbooks is permissible.

WR/TE at RB

• A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football.

Lurching

• Lurching is banned.

Ties/Overtime

• No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin, and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. Players must use the same teams from the previous game in the new game. The kicking team in the first game’s OT must be the receiving team in the new game.

Stats & Scores

• Scorecard
    • Players will be provided a scorecard before each match. The winner is responsible for recording the scores and stats on the scorecard and returning it to the scorekeeper and/or TO.
  • Penalty
    • If the winner does not hand in a completed and accurate scorecard, that player’s next opponent gets first choice of matchup AND team.
Edited by HalHawkins
adding format and rules

What time is the predicted start and predicted end?  If I can fly in early on Saturday and fly out late, I may make the trip.

10 minutes ago, Nos said:

What time is the predicted start and predicted end?  If I can fly in early on Saturday and fly out late, I may make the trip.

11am. late aternoon

I'll be attending for sure. Looking to see what ATL has to offer in terms of Tecmo talent. 

To my knowledge, this is the first TSB event in this area of the Southeast. 

On 5/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, suicideking81 said:

I'll be attending for sure. Looking to see what ATL has to offer in terms of Tecmo talent. 

To my knowledge, this is the first TSB event in this area of the Southeast. 

Maybe revisit this thread

8 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Maybe revisit this thread

I don't think anything materializes from that one. But definitely going to reach out to see if their interested in participatin.

52 minutes ago, HalHawkins said:

We're setup and ready to go

20180608_161701.jpg

Looks freakin awesome. Also, PS, keep the Pacific NW in mind for next season. 

Posted (edited)

I played really good defense in this one considering the - 6 turnover ratio. Hard to win with 6 turnovers (4 int, 2 fumble) JJ jump int by Scott Case was the worst luck I've ever seen in a Tecmo game. 7 offensive possessions, only 1 defensive stop by HomerFu, the rest were turnovers. Luck was definitely on his side considering he constantly threw into coverage with no consequences. Credit to him for taking what Tecmo gave him, which was a win. 

Worst way to lose especially when you think you were the better player.

Edited by suicideking81

2 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

I played really good defense in this one considering the - 6 turnover ratio. Hard to win with 6 turnovers (4 int, 2 fumble) JJ jump int by Scott Case was the worst luck I've ever seen in a Tecmo game. 7 offensive possessions, only 1 defensive stop by HomerFu, the rest were turnovers. Luck was definitely on his side considering he constantly threw into coverage with no consequences. Credit to him for taking what Tecmo gave him, which was a win. 

Worst way to lose especially when you know you were the better player.

Bitter much?  Three non-Scott Case INTs sure sound like defensive stops to me...  :)  

44 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Bitter much?  Three non-Scott Case INTs sure sound like defensive stops to me...  :)

Well, when your opponent far throws into coverage over 50% of the time and suffers no consequences while you on the other hand do so a hand full of times get picked with your QB in good condition along with your RB fumbling twice while in good condition as well.....You'd be a bit salty too. I had defensive stops,  (opponent had 1 "user" INT) try turning the ball over 6 times and see how many points you give up. I gave up 10 points on 6 turnovers with NO fumbles or INTs. 

But you missed the point entirely. Tecmo assisted with the win which created an advantage for one player and the outcome was what it was.

PS, You obviously don't know the difference between luck and skill.

4 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

Well Congrats @suicideking81 2nd place is nothing to scoff at either. The Tecmo Gods always have their say regardless, I can attest to that. 

It was unfortunate. Tough to play through that many TO's. 

Kudos to the winner, he play well throughout the event.

Right off the bat your playbook has a problem because of the race defect you know exactly when run 2 is coming. Should have put wolfley in. 

1. Your first pick you threw way too soon with so many guys open and the qb slightly underthrew it to the rb amd got picked. There was no need to rush it there with everyone open

2. Second pick you threw to the rb and deion was way too close for you to do that and he got back and picked it. 

3. Went for it on 4th and 15. Not too likely of a conversion from their where a fg might have helped. 

4. What happened on the final play of half. Looked like a botched arrow trick as you threw short. 

5. I only counted one fumble which definitely came at a bad time. 

6. The scott case int was unlikely but it also came with only 30 sec left in the game so your chances of winning would be small needing an onsides if your wr had caught that. 

Homer had some int worthy throws but most were throws to rison which is less likely then throwing to rbs and low rec wrs bs deion. 

I only counted one fumble. The last two ints were desperation and you really cant expect a lot out of phx passing game. 

You had some bad luck but also some int luck that could have been avoided. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

Well, when your opponent far throws into coverage over 50% of the time and suffers no consequences while you on the other hand do so a hand full of times get picked with your QB in good condition along with your RB fumbling twice while in good condition as well.....You'd be a bit salty too. I had defensive stops,  (opponent had 1 "user" INT) try turning the ball over 6 times and see how many points you give up. I gave up 10 points on 6 turnovers with NO fumbles or INTs. 

But you missed the point entirely. Tecmo assisted with the win which created an advantage for one player and the outcome was what it was.

PS, You obviously don't know the difference between luck and skill.

Since my last post wasn’t deleted oddly, I’ll let Bruddog’s post prove my point. The Tecmo gods giveth  and they taketh away. Just thought you weren’t giving the winner any credit (which conveniently changed after my post was deleted. Interesting. You or a friend must have forum supervisor powers, I see.).   Congrats to HomerFu!

Edited by ACSlater