Tacoma, WA - 07/28/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 2

kamphuna8

We came, We Saw, We Tecmo'ed.

All I can say is, what an incredible weekend.

Congrats to @fairfensheeding on winning the first ever Live Season topped off with a Tecmo Playoff Bracket where we finished an 8 week season of 13 present out of  15 owners in one day... barely. The Super Bowl champ was decided at around 3:30 AM local time. The game of the day (of the Tecmoverse?) was the #Lewis Conference Championship between me and @DT..

Fairf took on the winner and it was tight but he took home the Title.

Here are some pics that @gripsmoke and @invader_star64 took .

Tecmo Is Best.jpg

Recording Station.jpg

Kamp at the Komp.jpg

Grips Pics 1.jpg

Grips Pics 2.jpg

Grips Pics 3.jpg

Getting things started.jpg

CLK Conference Pic.jpg

#Lewis Conf Pic.jpg

Gm 1 of Playoffs.jpg

Gm 1 of Playoffs1.jpg

Much much thanks go to the whole CFT Crew for coming to participate and hanging in there through what turned out to be a really long (longer than expected) day and season.

While the techology presented some problems and delays here and there, it still would not have gone anywhere near as smoothly as it did without the help of the Save team, Grip, DT, and Invader at the least.

Special props to @gripsmoke for taking care of so much of the dealing with food, bringing the most epic Sig/Poster ever, and delivering TBK to the "venue". really Grip was invaluable here.

Special props also to @manYo720 for bringing the sweet Nectar of the Gods and providing the music and more support overall with anything that was needed (he knows) and THAT SHIRT!!!

Special props also to DT, not only helping with the Saves but also taking control of the Substitutions for absent owners. Definitely helped keep thangs moving.

Also without the hacks by @bruddog and all the necessary jar files, none of this would even be remotely possible, really can't ever thank Brudd enough for this, and @brookstonfowler phile support to help make our experience that top notch one you get from all the WTF format seasons in terms of stats and such, but also huge impact with the stream integration.

And then finally my hero in help, @invader_star64 brought SOOO much to the table in terms of time before in set up and working his ass off on game day too to get captures from each game. We also both had kind of heartbreaking ends to a #1 seed in conference type of season. Just didn't work out. Would have loved to have us battle it out for the Trophy and Super Bowl Title, but alas the Tecmo Gods deemed it not to be.

Tecmo Bros 4eva!

I tried and I tried and I tried and I tried but in the end my words fell on def ears and Johnny Johnson single handedly cost TBK his chance at a championship 0 yards on 20 carries when it mattered.  Maybe just maybe this will wake him up and he will realize that Johnny Johnson's hidden stats are just to get lazier and lazier as the season goes on.

Thank you to everyone that worked hard to make this happen: Kamp, you are just simply awesome man; Grip ran the grill like a boss; Vader was dealing with Windows XP on four machines; TBKing made sure the garage door stayed open so I didn't get a contact high; and Manyo wussed out on CIN/DET II. This was by far my favorite of the five tournaments I've attended. Rifle and I are already looking forward to next time! My favorite part was Manyo smugly asking me if I'd trade the trophy for an HSTL title, to which I got to reply, "Well I'd consider it, but I already have one of those." giGGles.

Edited by fairfensheeding

I still plan on sharing my thoughts around this... It's just been super busy since. Sunday after the season 2 was all clean up and rest before the fam got home (and cut up vids for YouTube). Started teaching summer school on Monday, last weekend was in Salem all weekend, and now back to the Summer School grind and getting that kitchen sink/faucet fixed tomorrow. @invader_star64 should be here tomorrow and I should get the rest of the footage that we captured and start cutting that up too. Twas a blast and I'm thinking about more ways to improve and how and when we should do the next season. CFT!

One of the issues that came up on the CFT Phile on game day was how a few of the rosters were missing players. Luckily they were all offensive players, so we could check conditions in game and still use the phile to check defensive conditions if you forgot.

I now have all the rosters at least displayed, not totally fixed to my liking yet. During the playoffs early stages, the CFT Phile brought a lot of interest in seeing not only the stats, but also tracking the conditions of certain players throughout the season. Some guys just went into excellent and stayed there.

http://www.pnw.puretecmo.com/main/dsp_roster.php?tID=28

If you click on Greg LLoyd's name, and then click on the Condition Tracker on the pop up box, you'll see what I mean. The Falcons might have had the most crazy runs of players in Excellent in CFT 2. Check Mudbone, Craig, Lloyd, shit...

• Knobbe unpinned this topic
On 8/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, ~Tailback King~ said:

I miss this Tourney already............too bad it's already over.  Seems like it just came and went.  We DEFINITELY need to do this again soon!  

How available are you for Labor Day weekend? We've got at least 6 guys (a couple of others are maybes depending on if it's Sat or SUn) that would be IN already if we run this back for Labor Day weekend. This is the Tailback King Signal. Calling all TBK!

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2018 at 1:02 PM, Polish Rifle said:

More importantly?  Is there gonna be an NBA Jam TV going?

We can get this and other things going on Nov 10. 

Preliminarily we have a few guys who can make it on Nov 10 for another season in the garage. 

Kamp

Manyo

Stu

Fairf

Polish Rifle

PTittere (plus James Brooks potentially)

Kevin

Tick

some no gos include

DT

Joe

Invader

Sir Ted

Still waiting to hear from 

@~Tailback King~

@gripsmoke

@TheProfessor

If we have zero more guys commit, I can still do this. With 8 we can run a 10 game season, 2 conferences, 3 conference games home and away (6 games) plus 4 non conference, then top 2 in each conference make conference championship before Super Bowl, using Pt Diff as tiebreak. 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:10 AM, kamphuna8 said:

We can get this and other things going on Nov 10. 

Preliminarily we have a few guys who can make it on Nov 10 for another season in the garage. 

Kamp

Manyo

Stu

Fairf

Polish Rifle

PTittere (plus James Brooks potentially)

Kevin

Tick

some no gos include

DT

Joe

Invader

Sir Ted

Still waiting to hear from 

@~Tailback King~

@gripsmoke

@TheProfessor

If we have zero more guys commit, I can still do this. With 8 we can run a 10 game season, 2 conferences, 3 conference games home and away (6 games) plus 4 non conference, then top 2 in each conference make conference championship before Super Bowl, using Pt Diff as tiebreak. 

I'm on the "fringe"...............................but NOT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( p.s.  I'm assuming we'd be using the O.G. Rom, and I'd be PHX???)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

15 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

If it's gonna be the "exact format" as the last one........I'm DEFINITLEY in.  I may get some of my boyz to get in on it too......Chalky and Goal~Line were interested last time but had work.

I'm all about this format. 

8 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

.....and you should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You PIONEERED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's yours for everybody else to follow..!  Do I dare say, the EAZY~E of Tecmobowl formats!!?

Don't forget the Discord brother. Most of the chat about it is there

Ok so CFT discussions have started to ramp up and the main topic has been draft values and how to keep them lively and sustainable. Per @manYo720's idea, we will have all the values from the previous draft altered in the following way.

If a tandem was drafted, their draft value is +$1, If a tandem was not drafted, the value is -$1. For the values that are $1 and below, I added this personal addendum (with help from @XtraLargent's idea) that they won't go down to $0, rather the $1 values will go down to 0.5. As for my own addendum to that, I just put that any value at $0.5 that was not drafted will just remain the same until they are drafted, as I don't want a bunch of $0 tandems.

Here is a link to what that would look like with an edited copy of the Season 2 draft sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GcIveZ72n6tTQxJcc9dv0yiUmdZ4kGzo5IlAfUiA1XQ/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

Ok so CFT discussions have started to ramp up and the main topic has been draft values and how to keep them lively and sustainable. Per @manYo720's idea, we will have all the values from the previous draft altered in the following way.

If a tandem was drafted, their draft value is +$1, If a tandem was not drafted, the value is -$1. For the values that are $1 and below, I added this personal addendum (with help from @XtraLargent's idea) that they won't go down to $0, rather the $1 values will go down to 0.5. As for my own addendum to that, I just put that any value at $0.5 that was not drafted will just remain the same until they are drafted, as I don't want a bunch of $0 tandems.

Here is a link to what that would look like with an edited copy of the Season 2 draft sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GcIveZ72n6tTQxJcc9dv0yiUmdZ4kGzo5IlAfUiA1XQ/edit?usp=sharing

i wonder tho if this idea, IF applied over the course of a few seasons, would increase the overall juice of the rom? and it was already pretty juicy, imo and notwithstanding conditions and injuries... so maybe, going forward, if not doing it this draft, i would propose increasing the price of players/tandems drafted in the first 3 rounds to go up $2, everyone else drafted after that $1, and undrafteds drop $1 (but not less than .5)... or some other smarter idea to help balance or even diminish the juice...

also proposing we bump the $0 players up to .5 and just make that our universal floor.