Tacoma, WA - 07/28/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 2

kamphuna8

Happy Father's Day to all you daddy'os out there. Currently there are 41 days left until CFT season 2 kicks off. We have 4 guys to highlight today. None of the 4 have played on the CFT gridiron as of yet, and only 2 of them were drafted for our upcoming season 2 on July 28.

The first guy here I saw make an amazing catch at the goal line from his backup quarterback Jim McMahon... because Randall aka QB Eagles went down and went down hard in game 1 of 1991 for new Eagles head coach Rich Kotite.

Keith-Byars.jpg

Another 41 is a toy that's never been taken out of the CFT draft closet as of yet. This pic on his card made me laugh... Here's...

Toi Cook.jpg

For season 2, this guy finally had his RB mate's services selected (and perhaps his own blocking as well). Drafted in the first round of the CFT season 2 draft by @TheProfessor it's...

mueller.jpg

and finally, also making his first appearance on a CFT field this July, drafted by @DT. to hold down the back end for his CFT 2 squad, it's...

eugrob.jpg

40 DAYS TIL CFT 2!!! ONLY 40 LEFT!

We got some strong hair game in this one, even if only 1 out of the 5 TSB players is actually gonna grace the field for season 2.

From Season 1, this guy roamed the secondary with Eric McMillan for @invader_star64's Seahawks.

James Hasty.jpg

In season 2, this is one guy that's gonna get some play for @boogiewithstu and his hair game, while not voluminous... it's strong.

Alvin Walton.jpg

Check the other avail pics from his playing days to peep the evidence.

Couple of guys that haven't gotten any CFT love as of yet include

Brian Jordan.jpgmassey.jpg

And then there's one of my favorite players of all time. A stud in the USFL and then a stud in the NFL. And that hair...

Here's 4 of his just for sharing's sake.

Gary Anderson 1.jpgGary 2.jpg

Gary 3.jpgGary 4.jpg

Dang, I been waiting to post for this day for a minute...

We are currently at 39 days left until the 2nd season of CFT kicks off, Season 2 really being the AWAKENING of that Tecmo Season Spirit...Managing to accomplish what season 1 could only suggest... 15 owners...drafted 15 teams... all under a salary cap...playing a 10 game season...with injuries and conditions functioning just like in season mode...all O Linemen and Defensive players locked into their OG Rom position alignment...all stats kept up to date on 4 different consoles... and our website...the pinnacle of the season coming with BEST of THE BEST, top 12 teams filling in the Tecmo Super Bowl Bracket...the PLAYOFFS going down 1 at a time... all live streamed...and today marks 39 days until this historic season kicks off early on July 28th. 39 is a special number around these here parts... but more on that specialness later... Let's showcase the #39s of the Tecmo Super Bowl rosters...with a special something something for that special #39...

First off, we got our guys that have never been drafted in CFT as of yet. Better luck next year to...

brett maxie.jpggreen-bay-packers-darrell-thompson-167-pacific-1991-nfl-american-football-trading-card-79485-p.jpg

Neither Maxie Padz nor D Thompson had what it takes to get drafted in the first 2 seasons of CFT... and neither did this guy... but this guy also deserves some spotlight...

Crockett.jpg

You wanna know who that is??? Rocking the Katana and reppin for his Lions???

Well it's none other than...Crockett2.jpg

Ray Crockett, or as I like to refer to him... Crockett of...

Crockett-Tubbs-Miami-Vice-1200x828.jpg

I swear @Tick should have drafted the Lions DBs just so he could name his team Crockett and Tuggz...

Now there is one #39 who was drafted in season 1 but will not be on the CFT gridiron for season 2... That's...

Carl lee.jpg

That's right. Carl Mother Effin Lee! He and Joey Browner played for Tick in season 1.

Now there's a slew of guys who are 39s that will be playing in CFT for the first time in season 2.

For @Polish Rifle , Mike (don't call me Mark) Prior

Mike-Prior.jpg

For @invader_star64 we have Harry and the Hamiltons

tampa-bay-buccaneers-harry-hamilton-410-topps-1990-nfl-american-football-trading-card-74641-p.jpg

and for @fairfensheeding we have Marvelous Marvin Allen

Marvin Allen.jpg

Man we got some sweet pics today... And we ain't done yet...

There's one more, kinda special number 39 that I have yet to showcase. You guessed it... It's a Running Back. Yeah Yeah, he played for a handful of teams but it's his time with one team that really stands out. This was the only picture on the interwebs that showed his jersey with name and number...

PerrymanJz.jpg

Man, I just found that on EBay. A hundred and sixty bucks plus shipping and that sweet sweet #39 could be all mine...

Here's an actual pic of the man, who has shared the backfield with the likes of John Stephens, Emmitt Smith, and Gaston Green.

perryman.jpg

39 Days! Can't WAIT!!!

I don't know about you guys but I'm so psyched for CFT that my subconscious is starting to think about it. Had a dream the other night that @~Tailback King~ owed me $100 and I was refusing to drive him to Tacoma until he paid me. Kind of a bitch move on my part, I know. But don't worry, the real life gripsmoke would never lend anybody any money. 

12 minutes ago, gripsmoke said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm so psyched for CFT that my subconscious is starting to think about it.

This is me for the last month or so...

Other things in the works for this monumental day...

I bought a ten pack of replacement NES Controller parts so's the buttons and D Pad are PRECISE and RESPONSIVE!

I've been picking up Sony Trinitrons 2x27 in and 2x36 in ones through FB Marketplace and craigslist, since they have excellent screens and are CRTs that take component input because...

The plan is also to benefit from modding (at least 2, perhaps 3) NES's to output RGB and component (instead of the composite out the front loading ones have) and having these up the display game for our season. The first 36 incher might not make it to game day, probably won't at least, as it's picture isn't the greatest. It is a fucking beast to move...lol.

We gonna have a keg of Mac n Jack's thanks to Manyo (cups will be about 10 to 15 bux ) probably be available by the night before the tourney.

Manyo's also asked to handle the soundtrack of the day, and I've had a few things I've wanted to make sure are on the playlist.

We still need to figure out food (really at least 3 meals, I can handle the breakfast part for anyone staying the night) so lunch and dinner we can come up with a plan where we don't have owners randomly leaving to get food then waiting for them to return to play their next game.

We do have our season schedule posted. All of the games scheduled are assigned to one of the 4 stations, with intent to give everyone exposure on the main stream station, but also we'll have the ability to go multiple games at a time if the other games warrant it, all 4 at a time if need be.

And there's still so much more!

9 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm so psyched for CFT that my subconscious is starting to think about it. Had a dream the other night that @~Tailback King~ owed me $100 and I was refusing to drive him to Tacoma until he paid me. Kind of a bitch move on my part, I know. But don't worry, the real life gripsmoke would never lend anybody any money. 

Me either!!!!!!!.............must be a Portland thang.

@kamphuna8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the hell's going on????????????????  This is a TRAVISTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There's only 1 #39 that counts.  I get home from work on this momentus day knowing the props, homage, and a holiday dedication date will be announced on the Borg,...........(silence).........and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

33 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

@kamphuna8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the hell's going on????????????????  This is a TRAVISTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There's only 1 #39 that counts.  I get home from work on this momentus day knowing the props, homage, and a holiday dedication date will be announced on the Borg,...........(silence).........and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

mission-accomplish_1505293i.jpg

@~Tailback King~ I thought I might get a reaction out of you for that. Of course Johnny Johnson would be the headliner. We here in the CFT matriculate back and forth from shock to awe as we ponder seeing Johnny Johnson in the hands of his true spirit animal savant, The Tailback King, docked in his #39 regalia, and sporting an offensive line upgrade from the sieve that was the PHX OL to the one, the only HOGS. Not to mention the Lonnie and Mac show holding down the defense while Johnny shoves down our eyeholes the image of the stats that won't be so hidden come July 28th! Johnny played football for San Jose State, but when some basketball players walked out saying they wouldn't play for their coach cuz of abusive treatment, Johnny played basketball too. In 1993, his first with the JETS, his teammates voted him team MVP,  the same team that added Boomer Esiason that year. He had 67 catches! In order to catch Johnny's true essence, you have to take the performances in. Seeing is believing. I think my man Rudy might have more to add....

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

johnny johnson.jpg              {The ONE & ONLY #39}

^^^OF COURSE I have more to add..........I now pronounce this day a "NATIONAL HOLIDAY"!!!!!!!!.......{June 20th}, only 9 dayz removed from Johnsons' actual birthday (which Kamp reminded me of) will alwayz be remembered in TECMO Lore from now until the end of time..........knocc back a shot, and sparkum if ya got um', because it's a CELEBRATION B!TCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ......of the baddest muthaphukka' to ever grace a Tecmo backfield.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Welp, we're down to 38 days. The .38 special if you will, and 38 is special in Tecmo Super Bowl, as it's one of the attribute values in the TSB step system. One thing of note about June 29 preseason extravaganza, we're still planning on having it, but @gonickmontana just informed me that he will not be in attendance. If you want to witness his sick JJ skills in person, I did hear he will be in the eastern part of the state that weekend, and perhaps @fairfensheeding and/or @Polish Rifle or even @XtraLargent

so the 38s you say on thei 38 special day?

Eugene Daniel.jpg

Eugene Daniel will be patrolling the airwaves for @Polish Rifle's Chargers in CFT 2.

Tim Worley.jpg

Tim Worley is as yet still undrafted by any CFT team.

keith Jones.jpg

Keith Jones will be an option for @Tick in CFT 2

and finally, my man Twiki...

Twiki.jpg

errrr I mean, Mark Kelso

mark-kelsos-head-was-used-for-helmet-storage.jpg

Kelso will be one of my main DB options to man up

Whoa Nelly! We got 37 more days until the big CFT 2 kickoff! And man, there's a LOT of 37s!

One guy who has yet to be drafted in CFT, but is one of the biggest names on here is Lake...Carnell Lake

carnell-lake-football-players-american-photo-u1.jpg

Another guy who has yet to be drafted, although his son from Go Blue just got drafted in the Real NFL

Maurice Hurst.jpg

Now this next guy, if not for @drake I'm not sure I could have found a pic with him and his #37, he only played in 2 games in his career, both blowout wins where he was a scrub coming in. He basically got the same treatment in season 1 for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 team. Unselected in season 2, it's...

jones-victor.jpg

There are 2 guys who will be playing in their 2nd season in CFT,

Last year, Gerald Riggs ran the ball for Joe's GIANTS1 , and this year he will be toting the rock for CFT newcomer LarryBird33's DOLPHINS1

gerald-riggs-5-248x340.jpg

And this next 37 played in CFT 1 for Corkster's BILLS1 , and this year, JB Brown will be taking his talents to the Queen City, playing for @Tick's BENGALS1

JB Brown.jpg

Now the rest of our 37s will be on the CFT gridiron for the first time in season 2.

For @SirTed's BUCCANEERS1   We have a guy who shares the same name as the current President and CEO of the Packers, but this Mark Murphy only played for the Packers, and is in the Packers Hall of Fame, while the other Mark Murphy that is the current PResident and CEO of the Green Bay franchise played his whole career for the Redskins, and is 4 years older.

Here is TSB's Mark Murphy, the Jimmy Graham before there was a Jimmy Graham.

green-bay-packers-mark-murphy-153-topps-1990-nfl-american-football-trading-card-74530-p.jpg

Next up, for the @Polish Rifle's CHARGERS1 squad, this guy doesn't get a lot of love from the TSB atts, but hopefully for the Rifle, conditions play a role in making one or more of these Colts DBs usable.

chris goode.jpg

For my COWBOYS1 , I got the fastest Bills DB with the worst INT rating. Perhaps he'll play above his stats in season 2. It's Nate Odomes

odomes.jpg

And finally, one of my favorite players, cuz yeah, he's a Cowboy. And was very impactful. Got to listen to him on the radio a bunch about 12 14 years ago and that was a hoot too. Taking his services from Cowboy Blue to the Honolulu Blue of @TheProfessor's LIONS1 , it's J DUB! James Washington!

JDUB!.jpg

We got 36 days left until CFT Season 2 kicks off. I'm gaining a little more clarity toward how I want to finish this countdown, today, we'll highlight 2 of the 6 #36's, but we'll still share all of the TSB 36s.

First up, 3 guys who haven't been drafted as of yet in either season.

stanford jennings.jpgrobert drummond.jpgBennie Blades.jpg

When I think of these guys, I remember Bennie as Brian's hittin brother (both from THE U) and Stanford Jennings' name I recall from him returning a Kickoff for a TD vs the 49ers in the 2nd Super Bowl between the Bengals and 49ers, a game that had Cincy losing one of their RBs (not only for the Super Bowl, but for life ) due to getting caught doing cocaine in his hotel room the night before (Stanley Wilson). And finally, Robert Drummond, I mostly know from just Tecmo, but I always thought he shared the same name as this guy Phillip Drummond.jpg

But Arnold and Willis' stepdad's name was Phillip... I digress.

Now the rest of the 3 36's are all going to be on the CFT gridiron for the 2nd time this summer. First up... Vai ask Vai!

Vai.jpg

Vai Sikahema is going to be returning kicks and perhaps getting a carry or two, pending Johnny Johnson injuries, for @~Tailback King~'s CARDINALS1 after getting a few touches in season 1 for @Tick

Next up, tery mcdaniel.jpg

Terry McDaniel will be playing for @XtraLargent's RAIDERS1 after getting 6 tackles and a sack for @DT.'s FALCONS1 in Season 1.

tery mcdaniel0.jpg

One note on McDaniel, just like the final player, he finished his career for the Seahawks. McDaniel is the all time leading Raider in INT Returns for TDs with 5, and his final season in 1998, he played for Seattle and got one more. You can see a snippet of it on the following video at about the 2:10 mark.

And finally... Reuben Mayes...

rueben-mayes.jpeg

Mayes played season 1 for the BILLS1 but served as only a KR. He will be a COWBOYS1 for season 2, and will get carries if he gets the conditions favorable. This guy ran for 1381 yards as a rookie, winning Offensive ROY honors in the NFC. He had some injuries and after his stint in New Orleans, he finished his career with 2 years playing for the Seahawks. Currently he's working for Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, but previously was an administrator at WSU where he played in college. One other note... Mayes is one of only 5 players in the NFL hailing from Saskatchewan... One of the other guys was the Seahawks Punter/American Ninja Warrior... Jon Ryan...

Reuban Mays is one of the, if not THE, the best Kick Returner in the history of TECMOBOWL.......Gerald McNeal TB1, Deion Sanders TSB SNES, Rod Woodson any version he could return kicks, are some other greats...........but one HISTORICAL year round 12 years ago, I had 2,200+ yrds KRing, and 15 TD's.......It was a pretty special year that in my mind catapulted him into "Legendary" Tecmobowl status.

1 minute ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

That's a theory you and your School of Tecmo game wizards on this site seem to endorse, but a notion I refuse to believe or except!!!!!!! :) 

Either way, you're gonna have to accept Ironhead utilizing that OL 5 MS of Stan Brock (and I'm using Ironhead there over Reuben barring injury) slicing and dicing up your Special Teams come July 28 SON!

On 6/22/2018 at 11:19 AM, kamphuna8 said:

Either way, you're gonna have to accept Ironhead utilizing that OL 5 MS of Stan Brock (and I'm using Ironhead there over Reuben barring injury) slicing and dicing up your Special Teams come July 28 SON!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!!!!!!!!!  You really wanna take it there???  Just for that, I might have Johnny Johnson returning kicks when I play against you!!!  You scared???  You should be!!!  Because Tecmo Superbowl game rules don't apply to "The Man With Hidden STATS" ...and you can belie dat!!! 

3 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!!!!!!!!!  You really wanna take it there???  Just for that, I might have Johnny Johnson returning kicks when I play against you!!!  You scared???  You should be!!!  Because Tecmo Superbowl game rules don't apply to "The Man With Hidden STATS" ...and you can belie dat!!! 

Please have Johnny returning kicks. That would be so awesome!

35 days til CFT 2. Been a rough day so far, which is why this post is sooo late, and it's solely because last night @invader_star64 just stepped up YUGE to help with setup for game day, and we played some games...Quit after 3am, in bed right before quarter to 4, and next thing I know it's 7 and kids are jumping on my face... Gardening class at 10... zombie day rest of the day. But man, I feel like that Koala from SING (yes I have youngsters...) who had a dream, a vision, and did plenty but certain aspects I had no idea, yet stepping up to the plate is the guy whose avatar is Finkle, whose first time I heard of him when I was joining online tecmo, he had just beaten canesrforeal to get to the HSTL Super Bowl. Later I learned he earned the moniker "the elusive one", however, the man has STEPPED UP! The benefits will be telling come July 28, and I think the Tecmo Gods will look down upon heem favorably because of it. Anyway, that's for another day. Let's get on with the 35s.

First up, one of the Tecmo Unicorns, a guy that hasn't been drafted yet, but I know that I was not alone when considering how to fit him into my team. The guy is just cool man. And he's kind of a nightmare.

Okoye.jpgOkoye1.jpg

This guy has a white cousin named Walter who lived in the Southwest, got caught up doing some dangerous shit trynna make some dosh cuz he had cancer, and then became the primary producer of some illegal street drugs. detroit-lions-william-white.jpg

Like Bennie Blades and Crockett, nobody done drafted them Lions DBs yet.

Another undrafted 35, and this one is an absolute stud. 2 pics cuz they're legit.

butts2.jpgButts.jpg

Last year, this guy, who is a 35 for the OILERS1 in TSB but never actually played in any games with Houston, this guy Doug Lloyd never saw anytime on the CFT field last season until the playoffs for @boogiewithstu

Doug Lloyd.jpg

#37 for the 1991 Raiders, and only played 1 game that year for them.

Now this year, this guy looks to be seeing some time at RB for @manYo720 since Marcus Allen looks to be getting some time at WR.

Steve smith.jpg

Steve Smith will be making his CFT debut in season 2, and looking him up, man, quite a life, ups and downs. Like all of us I guess, but not all of us can say we played for the Raiders, married a Raiderette, won the inaugural Madden Bowl in 1995, and struck with ALS Lou Gehrig's disease. Life is crazy man.

Our other 35 making his CFT debut in season 2, is Martin Mayhew. In 1991, the knock on Mayhew was that he was the guy that was getting thrown on because nobody wanted to throw in Darrell Green's direction. That's kinda opposite the way many TSB guys think about it due to their atts.

mayhew.jpg

Now on to the guys who are so nice, they've been drafted in CFT twice.

Playing for me last season, and this year drafted by @DT., Dexter Carter ready to do some work no matter what coaches ask of him. Run, Catch, block. Even Return.

Dexter Carter.jpg

And finally, one of the pics I saw today that resonated with me (and probably TBK) the most.

Neal Anderson.jpg

sitting next to SWEETNESS as a young buck, before he got his call to duty. Neal Anderson is an absolute beast in Tecmo and is on one of the most valuable draft tandems available in our format. Teamed with Johnny Bailey and Brad Muster, and some Green guy named Mark, Neal has all the tools... Speed, Size, Power, Hands. My memory of Neal from the 1991 season is when the Bears needed a 4th and 1 conversion to keep a drive going when trailing the Cowboys at home in the Wild Card round... and the Cowboys stuffed him. I was eyeballing him and his crew at the beginning, but my hopes were dashed when @boogiewithstu snatched this tandem up in the 1st round. GL ALL. see you tomorrow with 34s, probably a number with BETTER TALENT THAN 35! And THAT's Saying somethin'