Tacoma, WA - 07/28/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 2

kamphuna8

...........#49 might be kinda tricky.........but if anyone can find him, it's YOU @kamphuna8

........but all this means is that it's only 10 more days until the greatest day, and the greatest number, of the greatest player in TECMO HISTORY.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

4 hours ago, manYo720 said:

yesterday was 49 DAYZ UNTIL CFT2... giving us CFT2 players like Tony TURN THE Paige (RAI), or......

DB4 for JoeyHoneyBee's GIGANTES..... Dennis THE MENACE Smith

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDxamzI5jU7pzAJSwjFtb

Thanks. I was gonna go with both Paige and D Smith but had a busy day including getting a 2nd 36in trinitron that actually has a good picture...20180609_222417.jpg 

7 hours ago, manYo720 said:

yesterday was 49 DAYZ UNTIL CFT2... giving us CFT2 players like Tony TURN THE Paige (RAI), or......

DB4 for JoeyHoneyBee's GIGANTES..... Dennis THE MENACE Smith

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDxamzI5jU7pzAJSwjFtb

Couple more to add for 49

Dwayne Woodruff.jpgUndrafted...

Tony Paige.jpg 

Running for the Raidahs and @XtraLargent

Today we are 48 days away from Season 2 of the Cascadia Effin Tecmo league.

Wes Hopkins.jpgBobby Humphery Rams.jpgtodd-mcnair-c3904d5b-edd7-4725-ba17-2458bacc1dd-resize-750.jpegReggie Rutland.jpg

All of the above are gonna be watching from the sidelines in season 2 as nobody drafted their tandems... However, there is one 48 who did get drafted...

WashingtonLionel1.jpg

Playing for the Raiders and @XtraLargent is one Lionel "Thundercat" Washington

Lionel Washington and Dennis Smith are BEASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whoever has "Smith da Sith" & Steve "Cracc Yo Dome" Atwater in there defensive backfield are gonna be OK!....then you got L~Wash & Eddie "F*cc Yo Mamma" Anderson.......Damn.......I really don't wanna play ya............UNLESS...........I just happened to have the "Baddest Muthaphukka on the Planet" in my backfield............................................................................................

...........................................................................and I do.  "hashtag" not scared.

We are now 47 days away from CFT's Season 2. Last season

Browner.jpg

Played for Tick and his Bengals, but in season 2... undrafted. 

pac92-leroy-irvin-213x300.jpg

Bad, bad, Leroy Irvin...Never found a squad in either season thus far, perhaps in season 2. 

Cedric Mack.jpg

@~Tailback King~ will be employing the other Mack Attack, Cedric that is in season 2. 

Greg Jackson.jpg

@gripsmoke will have Greg Jackson at his disposal in season 2 for his 49ers.

Kirby.jpg

And I will have Kirby Jackson patrolling the airways at DB2 for my COWBOYS1 

46 DAYS UNTIL CFT 2!!!! Couple of BIGG NAMES HEAH!

Let's start with the scrubs...

These 2 guys haven't seen the CFT gridiron and won't in 2018.

Alfred-Anderson-Autographed-Minnesota-Vikings-8x10-Photo.jpgJoe Caravello.jpg

BTW Peep that sick Smokey set of Cards for the Chargers. 

For my COWBOYS1 this guy will be on the CFT gridiron for the first time come July 28

leonard-smith1.jpg

And finally, the 2 guys who OWN the number 46 in tecmo. Both are studs. 

First, for @TheProfessor we have a TE extraordinaire, suiting up for the CFT 2 LIONS1 , it's...

cook2.jpg before he switched numbers to 85. 

And for who else, @~Tailback King~ The Yanny to Lonnie's Laurel...

Timmy MAC.jpg 

Cue up some Too Short, Mack Attack cuz his secondary got Cedric Mack and Tommy MAC!

Well now we are 45 days away from CFT 2 kickoff, and 45 has a lot of entries... No Dotards included.

First with the undrafted and unselected...

ivy.jpg

The only pic I could find of Hunter in a Colts Jersey (could see him in Kentucky and Patriots tho), involves him blocking for Run Dick Run. Apropos I suppose.

Undrafted this season, but played for @invader_star64 in season 1 is...

stargell.jpg

Now for season 2, this guy will be making is CFT Debut. Donning the Honolulu Blue for you know who @TheProfessor is non other than...

Manny.jpg

For the longest time I thought Manny recovered the onsides kick for the Cowboys after their 1st TD vs the undefeated Redskins in week 13 of 1991, but I recently found that vid on youtube and Manny is just the most prominent guy signalling Dallas ball on the screen (sorry Darrick Brownlow) . I will be watching that epic match tonight, bettah belee dat.

Now for the 45s that can't help but get drafted onto CFT squads, year after year...

First up, localites and Cascadia citizenry usually recall this guy as the receiver of karma from Tulsa Steve Largent, receiving his just desserts in spectacular fashion, Largent's favorite play of his NFL career, but in TSB, this guy will be donning the silver and black for @XtraLargent's Raiders after playing for @DT.'s Falcons in Season 1. I really don't know what to make of that... tbh. Harden playing for XtraLargent. The Tecmo Gods will have their say, one way or another, that's for sure.

HardenMike45B1989TB.jpg

Also playing in his 2nd consecutive season, after playin for @Tick's Bengals in season 1, he is taking his talents to the OILERS1 drafted by @fairfensheeding in season 2...

Carl carter.jpg

And finally, this guy didn't play season 1 but the whole league shuddered when he was picked by @invader_star64 in Season 2 Draft's 1st round...

haddix.jpg

Today is a fun one. We got 44 days left til CFT season 2, Garage Days re-revisited. There's 8 number 44's highlighted today, and I like a lot of them,  and 4 plus 4 is 8.... 44 is associated with power in my book. I also had fun watching some 1991 action on YouTube last night. Got a couple great TSB Trivia questions out of it. And saw that the 1991 Seahawks employed a WR by the name of Louis Clark. It's too bad his first name isn't Lewis, but that's kind of how #Lewis works...

The 1st player highlighted today is the only one that has yet to be drafted by a CFT owner through 2 seasons. Martin...

t-Martin-Lawrence-Martin-Show.jpg

Noooo, not that Martin. DAMN GINA!

Bayless.jpg

Martin Bayless, the hitter of the Chargers 4 DBs in Tecmo, with 56hp. Unfortunately for Bayless, he shares a last name with a stupid Skip, and he has yet to be picked up through the desire for a CFT owner to man up Gil Byrd...

Now for the guys who played season 1 but will be sitting out Season 2...

Known for carrying the water for OJ Anderson and David Meggett, this Maurice played for @SirTed in season 1 and I was full on eyeing this NYG Tandem of RBs for season 2, but alas it wasn't meant to be... this year.

Carthon.jpg

And then there's this guy "Me and Lorenzo, rolling in the Benzo..."

Lo White.jpg

This guy toted the rock for @boogiewithstu in season 1... well really he didn't since he got more yards receiving than rushing last year. In the future we'll be able to track fumbles by player and we can see the real impact of that 19bc att...

Now the studs...

This guy has always been one of my favorites. He's the man in the Grogan challenges (as a receiver out of the backfield), and the man in those IND NE battles I love where usually I get the Pats. But I just learned today that he also is (was really, RIP) the father of the French Open runner up this year. The fact that @~Tailback King~ knows this man's true talents (regardless of TSB MS rating) only strengthens the Tecmo bond we have always had as Tecmo Bros. John Stephens was drafted by @fairfensheeding  in Season 2 after sitting out Season 1

john-stephens-sloane-stephens.jpg

Another guy playing in CFT for the first time in season 2, this is the other 44ms backup on the Rams RB group. Gaston Green will be available for @invader_star64 in season 2.

gaston green.jpg

This guy not such a stud in TSB but looks like a hitter. Playing for @SirTed in Season 2 after going undrafted in season 1...

jerry holmes.jpg

Now the final 2.

A couple of hard hitters who are also a couple of my faves. FIrst up, the guy who led the AFC in Rushing TDs for Cascadia's own Seattle Seahawks.

FennerDerrick44YA1-1984.jpg

This load of a man will be toting the rock for Sir Ted after playing for @XtraLargent and his Raiders in Season 1.

And finally, my man, the guy who made clutch play after clutch play in rushing, returning, but TBH receiving is where his clutchness came about in my season 1 run to the championship...

The Wrath MAN.

rathman.jpg

@DT. is the lucky summamma who gets the talented Mr. Rathman doing some durrty work for his Durrty Birds in Season 2.

43 days until CFT Season 2. We've got some big things in store for everybody participating and watching. @invader_star64 was over last night and we went over some logistical and technological issues before we got to throw down on the CFT gridiron for some preseason action, and he was able to put this guy to use...

Cleveland Gary.jpg

That's right, Cleveland Gary will be suiting up for Vader's Seahawks in Season 2.

This guy I couldn't find a pic with his number 43 on him, but he will be suiting up for @Tick's Bengals in Season 2 after sitting out season 1, it's...

tracy johnson.jpg

Tracy Johnson!

Sadly, the next 2 guys have not been selected as of yet in CFT drafts, but they both are a part of some standout tandems that it's only a matter of time before someone does draft them.

Dave Waymer.jpgBill Jones.jpg

That Bill Jones card might be a direct lineage to why the Tecmo programmers gave him a 38rec. He's a nice Tommie Agee type FB that compliments Okoye if one puts Word at TE. And yeah, I heard rumblings that the 49er Secondary was on someone's short list, but alas, like my Giants RB fixation, it was not to be for season 2.

Finally, when a few weeks ago there was all this hullaballoo over index.jpg

The real answer, as @~Tailback King~ will tell you, as he has an affinity for Cardinals players from 1990 that also ended up on the JETS later in their career... The real answer to the Yanny Laurel question is...

Lonnie.jpg

Cue the TBK response where he espouses on the dominance that is Lonnie YOUNG!

^^^The espousing starts at #43.  Not only does the two words spouted from across a tournament hall "Lonnie" & "Young" spread fear and spine chilling terror to everybody within a 2 mile radius, it also means there has been an interception......................................

..........................................................but not just any interception....................................................an interception with unmatched uncertainty, paranoia, and unbridled chaos.  The mere fact that Lonnie Young has the ball in his hands can turn a tecmobowl opponents whole world, and way of thinking upside down in an INSTANT!!!  It's not "will he score from anywhere on the field", but how, and WHEN!!!?  Having the ball intercepted by Lonnie Young is comparable to being bitten by a Cobra...........It's not the fact that you'll die,.......it's the uncertainty of the time you have left before it actually kills you. 

(p.s.  and I have a whole cage of labrats to test this theory on come July 28th)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^The espousing starts at #43.  Not only does the two words spouted from across a tournament hall "Lonnie" & "Young" spread fear and spine chilling terror to everybody within a 2 mile radius, it also means there has been an interception......................................

2 miles is about right when you got the double donkeyness going on... amirite? @XtraLargent @~Tailback King~

6 weeks baby! Today's name oughtta be Ronnie Warren... but alas we got 4 guys who are either a Ronnie or a Warren...

Unfortunately 3 of our 4 Tecmo Vets haven't ever been drafted in the CFT, and one is an absolute icon, and another is an absolute stud in his own right... both not so Shy Ronnie's. Lott.jpgLippett.jpg

The first Warren is the RB from the Steelers...

williams_warren031415(1).jpg

but the man who has been drafted is about to play in his 2nd season in CFT. In year one, he was drafted by @XtraLargent and this year, @SirTed has him in line to tote the rock for his BUCCANEERS1

Chris Warren.jpg

Both Terry and Tez know how many days left until CFT 2. Do you?!?!?