Tacoma, WA - 07/28/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 2

kamphuna8

On 3/18/2018 at 11:14 AM, kamphuna8 said:

I didn't mention that cuz that ain't the setup right now. . No buy in as of yet...

GOD DAMIT KAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pick yo Dallas Texas sized yarblez off the ground and make it {OFFICIAL}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I put a foot in all you muthaphukkaz a$$es, I'll have a nice winners pot to use as gas money for driving my a$$ all the way up ta TACOMA....$10.00 Kamp!!!!!!!!!!!!  Make it happen!!!!!  It's better than DT's $25.00!!!  Look at it that way if you're havin' a moral delema about it. 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

51 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

I'm expecting to see these JJ Master skills live on June 29 when we do a test run of all our season mechanics. 

You can expect to see the real JJ, Johnny Johnson, the originator and the master of the JJ Master skillz, using his JJ Master skillz to beat down Dallas and snatch the Championship Trophy right outta the hands of Kampuna on his home COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  On Friday night you betta go to bed early 8O 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

1 minute ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

You can expect to see the real JJ, Johnny Johnson, the originator and the master of the JJ Master skillz, using his Master skillz to beat down Dallas and snatch the Championship Trophy right outta the hands of Kampuna on his home COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  On Friday night you betta go to bed early 8O 

Now we're talking! Unfortunately, seldom do I get much sleep the night before the tourney, but... This time, when I think of the last season (CFT 1...Winner Winner Chicken Dinner) and of the last tourney (WWCD) and well, making sure everything gonna be working just fine before the tourney (well on pace for that), and considering you're gonna be in my conference (I WILL make that happen) I'm gonna sleep like a wittle baybe! The thought of playing vs TBK in this? Nightmares...? Oh hell naw, just smiles for miles. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. You better show up on time for your ass whuppin Rudy. Ya heard?!!?

In thinking about divisions and conferences, I was considering our locations within the PNW and perhaps trying to sort us according to some jangled geography. 

Here was one train of thought with some perhaps conference/division title championship monikers. And yes, I'm still holding out hope that Ted is able to make it. 

Wildlings (from beyond the wall aka Cascades) Winner is called King Beyond the Wall

Xtralargent _ Yakcity

Tick - Originally Braska of the NE variety

Kevin (larrybird33) - From Battle Ground (which is closer to Portland and currently lives in Tacoma, but I think hes from elsewhere initially, and frankly he's a Dolphin Phan (Marino) and a Celtics fan, so he's basically a wildling....

The North - division winner King of the North (DUH!)

DT

Stu 

Joe

Portlandia - Winner called The Mayor? Sam Adams? Kyle McLachlan? Agent Dale Cooper? Gas pumper? I dunno, might have to rely on these 3 to come up with something. 

Grip

TBK

PTitteri

Sons of the Trees (or Mountain Clans or Stone Crows or Moon Brothers) South Sounders really. What the division champ should be named? King Shagga

Kamp

Manyo

Invader

My other tact was dividing us up into our waves. 

Like OG  (first Seattle tourney vets)

Manyo

Kamp

Stu

Then 

Invader

Grip

TBK

Then

Joe

Tick

BWagg

Then New School

DT

Ptitteri

Kevin

Too hard to divy this way. Idk. I'm open to ideas. Let's flesh this out homies...

any of your division ideas would work for me kamp, but a diff spitball idea is: name the 4 divisions HOOD, ST. HELENS, RAINIER, and BAKER (or GLACIER PEAK?)... start from the south (or alternatively from the north, with Baker), take the 3 closest guys to Mt. Hood, based on where they live now, put them in HOOD division... then 3 closest guys to ST. HELENS, put them in that division... and do the same with the next two volcanoes up the line, see where that gets ya..... or drop the BAKER division and create an outsider division, call it PLATEAU or CONTINENTAL or WILDLINGS or FLATLANDER PUSSIES, dunno run with it or leave it, jefe.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just an idea,.......Since this is gonna be such a big and EPIC event, I think we should do the draft LIVE.  And for the people who can't make it, just have them connect live on Discord....It would be an excuse to do some day~drankin' and hang with the Brothahood while making our 'crucial' picks, before we have ta get down to business on the 28th of July....................just a thought thats' been tossed around but should be concrete.  (like maybe in mid-May) 

6 hours ago, manYo720 said:

any of your division ideas would work for me kamp, but a diff spitball idea is: name the 4 divisions HOOD, ST. HELENS, RAINIER, and BAKER (or GLACIER PEAK?)... start from the south (or alternatively from the north, with Baker), take the 3 closest guys to Mt. Hood, based on where they live now, put them in HOOD division... then 3 closest guys to ST. HELENS, put them in that division... and do the same with the next two volcanoes up the line, see where that gets ya..... or drop the BAKER division and create an outsider division, call it PLATEAU or CONTINENTAL or WILDLINGS or FLATLANDER PUSSIES, dunno run with it or leave it, jefe.

I love the mountains idea. I would go Baker over Glacier peak

5 hours ago, BDN said:

This is something I’d really like to be a part of as long as it only lasts one day and I can travel back for work and stuff.

Perhaps someday.  One of my intentions with my Super long first post was to simply show how this could be done, with the idea that anyone who wanted to recreate the potential to do a live season on console without having to wait for just one game at a time. In all my tecmo history, the only seasons I did with more than just me and my brother or buddy wad the very 1st one I did back in December 1991 when 8 of us did it while we were still learning how to play and the other wonders of the game compared to the original Tecmo Bowl. And we mostly played the computer due to the season schedule. 

I didn't really post this with the intent to just open it to the public,  I'd prefer to know someone before inviting them to my abode. There are a few guys still in the weeds ( or moss) out here in the PNW that I'm sure will come out of the woodwork, but they will have to have been to some live tourney before getting an invite to this . And as stated before I do hope to have out of towners participate here yet I don't anticipate a ton of guys to come all the way out here. Perhaps I'll meet you at some future Madison or other tourney in the future. 

11 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

Perhaps someday.  One of my intentions with my Super long first post was to simply show how this could be done, with the idea that anyone who wanted to recreate the potential to do a live season on console without having to wait for just one game at a time. In all my tecmo history, the only seasons I did with more than just me and my brother or buddy wad the very 1st one I did back in December 1991 when 8 of us did it while we were still learning how to play and the other wonders of the game compared to the original Tecmo Bowl. And we mostly played the computer due to the season schedule. 

I didn't really post this with the intent to just open it to the public,  I'd prefer to know someone before inviting them to my abode. There are a few guys still in the weeds ( or moss) out here in the PNW that I'm sure will come out of the woodwork, but they will have to have been to some live tourney before getting an invite to this . And as stated before I do hope to have out of towners participate here yet I don't anticipate a ton of guys to come all the way out here. Perhaps I'll meet you at some future Madison or other tourney in the future. 

I perfectly understand sir. Can’t wait to meet everyone.

37 minutes ago, BDN said:

I perfectly understand sir. Can’t wait to meet everyone.

I look forward to it too.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:51 AM, BDN said:

That may be the case for some or even many.. but as for me it’s just simply not. I will be watching via live stream. Iv been studying patterns and player intel and also watching many tip vids from mort and company.. trust me when I say tecmo world will know BDN soon enough. I started the same way on madden and have been a top player if not the best for 5 years now! Next I’m moving on to my fav retro gaming! And goal is to be a top ten player in the next (5) years!! Here is to the best Madison tecmo tournament yet ?

Frankly, you really should go play in Madison, or at the least, just go an watch live. The stream is a great resource but it doesn't compare to being there live. And if you really want to get your chops up you should not only go to as many tourneys as you can, but I would also get to playing online. While it is not the same or as tight as console, it is a great way to improve your game.

Also, what is your Madden handle? And what console do/did you play it on?

On 3/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, kamphuna8 said:

I look forward to it too.

Frankly, you really should go play in Madison, or at the least, just go an watch live. The stream is a great resource but it doesn't compare to being there live. And if you really want to get your chops up you should not only go to as many tourneys as you can, but I would also get to playing online. While it is not the same or as tight as console, it is a great way to improve your game.

Also, what is your Madden handle? And what console do/did you play it on?

I’m ranked 3rd rite now. ALCREZ I play on ps4. I agree I do need to attend some tournaments for sure. I’m actually going to attempt to attend every one there is coming up soon!! Mainly even more than just getting better or even improving, I just want to meet and greet all the many opponents I will be facing and build life long friendships! Nothing better than playing a game u love around a bunch of good company! I’m fixing to retire all together on madden and tecmo super bowl will be my full time hobby for at least next 10-20 years of course god willing. 

Just now, BDN said:

I’m ranked 3rd rite now. ALCREZ I play on ps4. I agree I do need to attend some tournaments for sure. I’m actually going to attempt to attend every one there is coming up soon!! Mainly even more than just getting better or even improving, I just want to meet and greet all the many opponents I will be facing and build life long friendships! Nothing better than playing a game u love around a bunch of good company! I’m fixing to retire all together on madden and tecmo super bowl will be my full time hobby for at least next 10-20 years of course god willing. 

I also really have no idea how to play tecmo super bowl online? I seen some vids but I’m not the most tech guy ever that’s for sure lol. I play ps4 online but I do not own a actual computer lol I prob need someone to come to my house and hook it up bc in the video I seen it looked hard for me. 

1 hour ago, BDN said:

I also really have no idea how to play tecmo super bowl online? I seen some vids but I’m not the most tech guy ever that’s for sure lol. I play ps4 online but I do not own a actual computer lol I prob need someone to come to my house and hook it up bc in the video I seen it looked hard for me. 

I would definitely start with getting that computer. Doesn't need to be very fancy if its just for tecmo. There is a guide to playing online here somewhere. Also you should join Discord (the link is in the guide I believe)

Welcome. Tecmo rocks fa sho. I used to play in online Madden league (EAFL) back in 05 and 06. It was a PS2 league then but I think it has blown up since. The commish was a Cowboys fan (like me) who still does a podcast called The Madden Voice. 

Welp, disregarding the idea of sticking with straight geography, but takin Manyo's peaks idea, I thought of an iteration of divisions and perhaps conferences that might work, with consideration given to rivalries yet trying to keep duos like Stu and Joe separate since they play each other so much already. Here goes...

Coast Salish Conference

Mt.  Baker Division

Kamp

Manyo

TBK

Self explanatory I think

Mt. Rainier Division

DT

Sir Ted

Stu

XtraLargent

Mostly Mariner Fans I think?

Chinook Conference

Mt. St. Helen's Division

Invaderstar

White Tick

LarryBird33 (Kevin)

Mt. Hood Division

Gripsmoke

PTitteri

JoeyHoneyBee

16 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

How bout the word "MADDEN" never gets uttered on this thread again ayyye?????

Completely ? agree tecmo super bowl killes all maddens combined!!! 

On 3/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just an idea,.......Since this is gonna be such a big and EPIC event, I think we should do the draft LIVE.  And for the people who can't make it, just have them connect live on Discord....It would be an excuse to do some day~drankin' and hang with the Brothahood while making our 'crucial' picks, before we have ta get down to business on the 28th of July....................just a thought thats' been tossed around but should be concrete.  (like maybe in mid-May) 

Mid May is rough for me, but I'm open to doing it on one of the last two weekends of May. That's either May 19th-20th or the next weeked Memorial Day Weekend, which I could potentially do May 26, 27 or 28. 

17 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

Coast Salish Conference

Mt.  Baker Division

Kamp

Manyo

TBK

Self explanatory I think

Mt. Rainier Division

DT

Stu

XtraLargent

JayMC425

Mostly Mariner Fans I think?

Chinook Conference

Mt. St. Helen's Division

Invaderstar

White Tick

Sir Ted

LarryBird33 (Kevin)

Mt. Hood Division

Gripsmoke

PTitteri

JoeyHoneyBee

Revised and would still be open to more folks. I think 16 is the most I could host. 

9 hours ago, manYo720 said:

if The Great Randolio happens to read this: i hereby offer you $20 to tecmo-ize this songs lyrics under the working title of "John Madden Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack"

and of course add your sweet pseudo-falsetto to it, like only you can can

giGGles siGGnal sent...