Green Bay, WI - 01/26/19 - Tundra Bowl VI & RetroMania - Presented by Game Trade

Congratulations to @regulator088 on becoming the first two-time Champion in Tundra Bowl History!! Needing to beat @justinpeters51 twice looked tough to say the least (JP was undefeated on the day), but Regs was able to pull back-to-back wins out to take the trophy home. A recap will come later this week. Thanks to all who came out, and to those who supported us on the stream!

Final Four

1st: @regulator088

2nd: @justinpeters51

3rd: @the_shield

4th: @RetroNathan

Complete D1 Bracket available here: (Round of 32) www.challonge.com/tundrabowl6rd32d1 ---- (Round of 16 and Beyond) www.challonge.com/tundrabowl6d1

Complete D2 Bracket available here: www.challonge.com/tundrabowl6d2

Edited by RetroNathan

1 hour ago, RetroNathan said:

No, there is not just yet. It will be in the recap at the beginning, along with 2v2 info.

Wait until Nate recaps my retromania scores they are going to floor you.  Lol

The whole weekend was a blast. Thanks Nate and the whole Tundra Bowl crew for running a great tournament.

For those that haven't been, this is well worth the trip. The competition is amazing and I can only imagine it's going to get better next year. Nate has put together a tournament that essentially sets the bar for all others. The venue, the prizes and promotions, everything. Having Division 2 also provided a very welcoming experience to the novice players as well. Hopefully a few of them hone their craft and emerge in the future.

Anyway, awesome time and great seeing everyone. I hope to make this a regular stop each year.

Also I beat Flo.

congrats once again to reg, i knew he was gonna win cause hes is simply the best player imo

also congrats to everyone else who made incredible runs including the shield who eliminated me from the main bracket by playing incredible tecmo and calling a out of the box matchup that paid off

my only regret is being to confident and not paying attention to my roster better cause kenny jackson and keith jackson make difference ugh 

On 1/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, SammieSmith33 said:

Wait until Nate recaps my retromania scores they are going to floor you.  Lol

Not in Paperboy or Super Mario World they won't.  I'll agree that you have a better Sonic 2 and Duck Hunt score

My scores were terrible at Retromania. I only did the retro for the two on two tourney and RBI Baseball.  I thought we were going to be playing people in RBI like a tourney but oh well it was still fun.

My Super Power partner Kramer and I had a nice run in 2 on 2.  It was great. The power of his offense and my defense was almost impregnable.

Also it was great to play some Ice Hockey with the Rob, Lou, and Mort.  What a classic game. 2 middles, 1 Biggie, and a skinny is the ultimate lineup.

As far as actual Tundra Bowl itself it is always a great time.  I love meeting players I haven’t met face to face that I usually see on discord or at Madison and actually get to know their real name and a little bit more about them.  Another great thing is the amount of games you get to play.  Playing 7 games this year was great.  They were all pretty good ones.  I had a super classic against Ones11 Matt, Regulators brother.  It was one of the most influential Tecmo gods game I have ever played.  

Other than that like Beef Juice said if you haven’t made it to Green Bay you should come you won’t be disappointed.

It was a great opportunity to talk Tundra Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl on Fox Sports Radio again this year for our annual segment with Dan Beyer and Mike Harmon. The interview starts at 55:05 of the show, and I was really grateful for the opportunity! Take a listen! 

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/fox-sports-weekends-18894583/episode/fox-sports-sunday-w-harmon-30471753/

• Knobbe unpinned this topic