Green Bay, WI - 01/26/19 - Tundra Bowl VI & RetroMania - Presented by Game Trade

Will anyone have cartridge of NES battletoads in attendance Fri night?? In celebration of Retro Night I will put up $50 to anyone who can make a run further than myself at a 1player game of battletoads if your up to the challenge. No continues.

Also wouldnt mind getting in a game or two of NES Ice Hockey if anyone would be down 

• Knobbe pinned this topic
On 1/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, kramz8477 said:

Will anyone have cartridge of NES battletoads in attendance Fri night?? In celebration of Retro Night I will put up $50 to anyone who can make a run further than myself at a 1player game of battletoads if your up to the challenge. No continues.

Also wouldnt mind getting in a game or two of NES Ice Hockey if anyone would be down 

I don't have Battletoads but I can bring some other games. The original TMNT, Super Dodge Ball, Bad News Baseball to name a few.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, kramz8477 said:

I'll play u in Ice Hockey. 

I'll bring my Gamecube and play some Mario Baseball with anyone since i forgot the cords in Chicago hopefully there will be a copy of Dr. Mario somewhere so i can school people at it.  Also no one seems to be taking advantage of my open invitation to crash at my place.  

4 hours ago, justinpeters51 said:

Were in the same pool, this is going to be epic!

Can’t wait!  It’s going to be a great time.  We will be playing for a bucket of beers. 

Edited by SammieSmith33

If anyone is interested in playing NBA Jam TE on Sega I'd be more than happy to layout the challenge on Friday night. Can't guarantee but I'm sure @Green Majik might be willing to take on a few comers as well.

I'll have a couple non-RetroMania games out there for people to play (NHL '94 / NBA Jam TE) prior to the start of RetroMania and 2v2. At 6:00, all of the systems (except some NES) will be dedicated for those two events. If anyone wants to bring a system setup to play while those are going on, feel free to as I have an extra TV or two we could use for those.

Also, the list has been updated on the top post, including TBVI, RetroMania and 2v2 teams.

See you all this weekend!

37 minutes ago, RetroNathan said:

I'll have a couple non-RetroMania games out there for people to play (NHL '94 / NBA Jam TE) prior to the start of RetroMania and 2v2. At 6:00, all of the systems (except some NES) will be dedicated for those two events. If anyone wants to bring a system setup to play while those are going on, feel free to as I have an extra TV or two we could use for those.

Also, the list has been updated on the top post, including TBVI, RetroMania and 2v2 teams.

See you all this weekend!

Looks like fart and shield are the favorites in the 2v2 tourney by faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Dan S said:

If anyone is interested in playing NBA Jam TE on Sega I'd be more than happy to layout the challenge on Friday night. Can't guarantee but I'm sure @Green Majik might be willing to take on a few comers as well.

Yessir, I will bring the Jam. And a sharpy, so we can make our official stakes thingamajig. 

I'm cutting and pasting this from the Equalizer 2 thread:

/ / / / /

If you are coming out to The Equalizer 2, consider entering the NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (Sega Genesis) challenge against @Dan S (DPS) and myself. We are NBA Jam studs and we are putting our money where our mouth is.

Defeat either me or DPS in NBA Jam: TE in a one-on-one battle and you could win up to $25! 

Here are the rules:

1) Challenger may select ANY team of his choice.

2) Challenger selects how many tiers advantage he wants to have against us (5 total tiers). The tier handicap determines the level of the stakes ($).

3) We select our team based on tier disadvantage.

4) One-on-one match with standard settings: 3/timer speed, 3/cpu difficulty,  tag mode ON, Tournament Mode ON

Stakes: 

*  Winning with teams from the same tier = you win $25!      $0 paid if you lose.

*  Winning with 1 tier difference = $20.    $0 paid if you lose.

*  Winning with 2 tier difference = $10 for a win.     $0 paid if you lose.

*  Winning with a 3 tier difference = $10 for a win.      $5 paid if you lose.

*  Winning with a 4 tier difference = $10 for a win.     $10 paid if you lose .

Tiers:

382517023_jamtier.thumb.png.73d802172402310d587c048bc94ac0e6.png

Example:

Challenger takes the Knicks from tier 2. And they want a two-tier advantage. This means we can choose any team from tier 4 or lower. The stakes are $10 if the challenger wins, with $0 lost if they lose. 

So come out out and take our $$$ !!!

3 hours ago, Green Majik said:

Yessir, I will bring the Jam. And a sharpy, so we can make our official stakes thingamajig. 

If you're able, you might want to bring an extra Genesis console/controllers for this - mine will be open until 6:00, but then they'll be locked down for RetroMania. We can put it on a side screen if you've got an extra system. I do have a Jam TE cart that will be there.

On 1/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, hankthetank said:

One thing i'm expecting from this weekend is to win the Paperboy event unless @kevincabarello has been practicing it for a few hours in which case ill take 2nd.

Kevin was practicing and won 4 of the 8 events and i took 2nd at Paperboy