Green Bay, WI - 01/26/19 - Tundra Bowl VI & RetroMania - Presented by Game Trade

8A0A661D-C09D-42C1-9E80-960AD11BC309.thumb.jpeg.31f96148086b6ba7f42f308dba239a98.jpeg

We want to take a moment and welcome our newest sponsor to Tundra Bowl this year - The Game Capital in De Pere, WI! They specialize in many trading card games, and carry a large variety of board games! The have also one of the largest varieties of Funko Pop in the area! Jeff, Hilary, and Cody treat their customers well, and they throw weekly events for gamers around the area. They even have an excellent used games program! The Game Capital will be contributing to the Tundra Bowl event in ways that are sure to benefit the players - stay tuned for updates. Make sure you check them out and help support their growing business!

Edited by RetroNathan

B40D93F5-F0FD-4A08-9DE3-3FAF6310ED4E.thumb.jpeg.115749891cd1ff70dc8d929e051c992a.jpeg

The Tecmo Challenge is back at Tundra Bowl VI in Jan., and with it, your opportunity to win an AUTOGRAPHED BO JACKSON JERSEY!! The Tecmo Challenge is available to anyone attending either TBVI or RetroMania, whether as a player or a spectator...it's open to EVERYONE! Complete rules, guidelines, and other prizes can be found at: http://www.tundrabowl.com/prizes-and-gear.html

Edited by RetroNathan

26 minutes ago, imimmortl said:

Is there a link to where we can find the 2v2 rom?

It’s the standard Tecmo Super Bowl cartridge. The 2v2 refers to teams. Here’s some additional info from our website - www.tundrabowl.com/2v2 

The 2019 2v2 TSB Tourney will follow the basic Tundra Bowl rules, with the exception of a couple pre-game declarations:
  1. Team Selection & Coin TossA manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winning team can choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams) or defer the matchup choice to the coin-flip losing team. If the winning team chooses the matchup, the winning team is given the P1 controller, and the losing team chooses their choice of the two teams in the matchup. If the winning team defers the matchup choice, the winning is given the P2 controller,  the losing team will then choose the matchup and the winning team will select their choice of the two teams. In summary, the winning team of the coin toss either gets P1 and choice of matchup or P2 and choice of teams.
  2. Declaration of Roles: The team that ends up being P1 after the pre-game coin toss must declare FIRST the following (prior to kickoff): which player is to play which quarters OR which player is to play offense, while the other plays defense. If the team selects the QUARTERS option, no player can play more than two quarters (with the exception of overtime) in the game.  In the case of an overtime, either player can play the first overtime period, but must alternate each OT period if 2 or more is necessary. If the team selects the SIDE OF BALL option, the players must control their side of the ball for the entire game, overtime(s) included. The team that ends up as P2 declares their roles after P1 Team declares.
Edited by RetroNathan

1 hour ago, qb_browns said:

@RetroNathan is the webpage going to be updated with all the registrants for the tournament? or did I just go to the wrong section like some kind of noob tournament participant?

You’re probably on the right page - it will be updated. I typically wait until closer to the date for who is all registered, thinking in a few weeks I’ll post it. Still tracking down some registration info from people who paid. We’ve got basically a 50/50 split (+1 difference) between Division 1 and Division 2 registrants so far. 

34 minutes ago, RetroNathan said:

You’re probably on the right page - it will be updated. I typically wait until closer to the date for who is all registered, thinking in a few weeks I’ll post it. Still tracking down some registration info from people who paid. We’ve got basically a 50/50 split (+1 difference) between Division 1 and Division 2 registrants so far. 

?

PosterJPEG.thumb.JPG.7f749c63d1d5a73f6e52b69ffc74c647.JPG

Hey everyone! Big news...currently we have 67% MORE than last year's paid registrations at this same time! This Division 1/Division 2 format is taking off...entry starts at JUST $25 AND INCLUDES A T-SHIRT!! If you haven't registered for the January 26th Tecmo Super Bowl tournament in Green Bay yet...REGISTER HERE for Tundra Bowl VI. The amount of support has been humbling, and awesome to see! Speaking of support...

E39D3B36-83BA-4A5E-97C5-656D4C6920EA.thumb.png.302e8336de4f4a91cebf1180fc49a460.png BEC210DC-4723-45E3-81C8-645C59ADF901.thumb.png.1e0436fd74e0dc85a997bf2c183d3319.png FECEABF2-9CB3-4B5B-BC07-F4FEC1F4FD0D.thumb.jpeg.a687027eb394481a283d322c3d849f0c.jpeg

We have a TON of new sponsors this year, including our first NATIONAL sponsor! 1UpCard has decided to partner with us here at Tundra Bowl, as have local sponsors Packer City Antiques / Card & Coin Corner, and The Game Capital (go check out their sites and online stores)...and you reap the benefits!!

1UPCard is the ONLY brand of retro game cleaners that I personally trust for my own collection, and they make phenomenal products. On top of other things to be revealed, 1UpCard has decided to give the friends of Tundra Bowl an EXCLUSIVE discount offer. Any time between now and January 26th, use this link to receive 10% off ANY order (Discount automatically applies at checkout, and that INCLUDES bundle deals...the promo code stacks!) https://www.1upcard.com/discount/TUNDRABOWL

Packer City Antiques / Card & Coin Corner and The Game Capital have decided to help sponsor our event with a number of items to be revealed, including some Facebook-exclusive giveaways we will be doing in the near future. Make sure to 'Like' our Facebook page to get in on the latest giveaway!  

In the near future, I'll be sending out hotel pricing so as to scour the best deal for people driving/flying into town, as well as some VERY important announcements pertaining to the tournament. We already have players from SIX states represented between Division 1 and Division 2, and we are just getting started! ONLY seven weeks remain until RetroMania and Tundra Bowl VI - don't miss out and register today!! 
Edited by RetroNathan

• 2 weeks later...

gettyimages-88862195-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.31f75f955b2b829b3d1db5a769a15d65.jpg

This year, Tundra Bowl is teaming up with Tecmo Super Bowl running back Harry Sydney, and his charity, My Brother's Keeper Inc.. Sydney, the 3x Super Bowl Champion, is scheduled to be on hand to sign autographs at Tundra Bowl 6, and donations to his charity are highly encouraged. MBK provides mentoring for boys and men in and around Brown County, WI. Since inception in 2003, they have helped more than 9,300 boys and men change their lives. For more info, check out: https://mybrotherskeeperinc.net/

Edited by RetroNathan

bookcover.thumb.JPG.fa321b5704b19d923d5a23c03cc24476.JPG

Just received word that Harry will also have copies of his newly released book, Win From Within, available for purchase (you can also purchase from Amazon ahead of time if you'd wish to). Harry will sign those, and is willing to sign your items as well (49ers gear, Packers gear, TSB carts, etc.). We are suggesting a $5 minimum donation to his charity, My Brother's Keeper, as all proceeds from the signing go to his charity. 

TB6SATELLITE.thumb.jpg.73391dae5e581c0b60385012a3fa07d7.jpg

With Tundra Bowl VI - Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney Pres. by Game Trade (Jan. 26) right around the corner, we decided to throw one last Tecmo Super Bowl satellite tournament on JANUARY 11th to encourage new players and returning vets to brush up on their skills before GAME DAY!! We will run this satellite tournament very similarly to TBVI, with group play and a bracket. Bracket play will be single elimination, but may be altered to a double elimination should time allow for it (determined at start of satellite tourney).

Here's the important info:
*Satellite tourney will cost only $10/player and includes a FREE Drink Ticket AND a FREE Ice Cream/Breadstick Order from another one of our local sponsors - Heartland Pizza Company!*
*NFL Prizes will be given away to lucky players as door prizes!* 
*The WINNER of this satellite tourney on Jan. 11th receives a FREE Weekend Pass to Tundra Bowl VI or Tundra Bowl VII!*

The tournament will start at 6:00pm at The Watering Hole - Green Bay, WI on the 11th, but stations will be set up a little earlier for you to come and practice on. Register ONLINE, or pay at the door. Hope to see you all on January 11th as we prepare for Tundra Bowl VI!

Edited by RetroNathan

• 2 weeks later...

46038F13-3A73-4A8A-B703-B52210A40D92.thumb.jpeg.bda428b7820fbcb824358c8618c94fd2.jpeg   490A70E0-F40D-42E4-AA62-4E512FD3652A.thumb.jpeg.d988ba3fa7a96bc7ae0ea0740c74bc64.jpeg

This Friday, players are going to be LOADED up! HUGE BONUS: Aunt Ethel's just ensured that the FIRST 25 players to our satellite tournament get a FREE SWAG BAG full of tokens, tickets, and MORE for their stellar arcade-bar! The Game Capital added Starting Lineups and Headliners from top NFL STARS of the 90’s to give out AND Card & Coin is giving away Green Bay Packers merch (plus a gift certificate) to lucky players!! This is on top of the FREE drink you get from The Watering Hole - Green Bay, WI and the coupon for FREE ice cream/breadsticks from the Heartland Pizza Company - don’t miss out this Friday - it’s only $10 to play, you get a ton of practice, and you walk away with TONS from our sponsors!

On 8/8/2018 at 10:10 PM, SammieSmith33 said:

8-Bit you can carpool but then you have to hang out with Collins (Faster Than A Speeding Beebe)  and I and that will mean a great night of action Friday.  Collins knows of all of the hot spots in the Appleton/ Green Bay Area.  It may lead to poor performance play as well.  Believe me I was feeling it the next day.  LOL.

Friday night 3:00 am partying and then Tecmo = Steve Grogan mixed with Glenn Koslowski mixed with Paul Skansi on the rocks with Anthony Dilweg.

RetroNathan does throw a great tourney though and you will not be disappointed.  Well worth the trip for some quality Tecmo with a great group of guys.

Sammie Smith, 8-Bit, Nostradamus, People's Champ, and all, the Friday pre-party will kick off at Cover 2 Sports Bar located at 207 N Washington St, Green Bay, WI 54301.  5:00 p.m.  Hopefully Sammy can shake off the cobwebs on Saturday!

18 hours ago, Spring Break Vet said:

Sammie Smith, 8-Bit, Nostradamus, People's Champ, and all, the Friday pre-party will kick off at Cover 2 Sports Bar located at 207 N Washington St, Green Bay, WI 54301.  5:00 p.m.  Hopefully Sammy can shake off the cobwebs on Saturday!

Awesome you guys are all making it! I'll be at The Watering Hole early (2:30pm), so whenever you guys are done with the pre-party, feel free to drop in. I know Sammie is in the 2v2 Tecmo tourney, and that will start at 6:00pm as a heads up. See you guys next week!

Edited by RetroNathan

5 hours ago, RetroNathan said:

Awesome you guys are all making it! I'll be at The Watering Hole early, so whenever you guys are done with the pre-party, feel free to drop in. I know Sammie is in the 2v2 Tecmo tourney, and that will start at 6:00pm as a heads up. See you guys next week!

Hey bubs, Ill be at the watering hole as soon as I get there friday (probably after I get my hotel all booked). That includes me, Hawkeye and my buddie Joe).

Edited by justinpeters51