Lincoln, NE - 03/03/2018 - Tecmo Lincoln VIII (Madison Last Chance)

Knobbe

This is the Tecmo Madison "Last Chance" Event

Signup: http://tecmobowl.org/lincoln

image.png

What: Tecmobowl.org Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Where: Lincoln, Nebraska @ Barry's Bar and Grill - http://barrysbarandgrill.com/ - Located in Downtown Lincoln in the Haymarket - 235 N. 9th St Lincoln, NE

When: Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 - Tournament Check-in between 11-11:45am, game play to start at 11:45 am

How much does it cost? - $20. Pay at the event. There is an ATM if you're the guy who never has cash.

Tournament Limit - Tourney will be capped at 64 players

Is there a payout? - Payout will be for the top 4 finishers based on the number of people that show up at the event. I'm working on a belt/trophy for this year.

Will there be food? - Yes they have a great menu.

Format

4 person groups will play world cup style to determine seeding into a single elimination tournament. The semi final losers will play for 3rd/4th place.

The amount of people to advance to the tournament and/or available systems will determine

Rules

• Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner can choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams) or defer the matchup choice to the coin-flip loser.

If the winner chooses the matchup, the winner is given the P1 controller, and the loser chooses his choice of the two teams in the matchup.
    If the winner defers the matchup choice, the winner is given the P2 controller, the loser will then choose the matchup and the winner will select his choice of the two teams.
    In summary, the winner of the coin toss either gets P1 and choice of matchup or P2 and choice of teams.

• “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
  • Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. 
  • WR or TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
  • Ties:  If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score in the new game is the winner.
  • Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Tournament Disputes: Matt Knobbe is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is a player in the disputed game, Jason Rolf will resolve the dispute.

Current registration list

1. PJ B. Lincoln, NE
2. Troy Z. Lincoln NE
3. Jacob H. Greenwood, IA
4. Joe H. Lincoln, NE
5. Nick S. Omaha, NE
6. Phil D. Omaha, NE
7. Chris W. Omaha, NE
8. Randy W. Lincoln, NE
9. Andy M. Omaha, NE
10. Matt K. Lincoln, NE
11. Bryan P. Lincoln, NE
12. Scott W. Fremont, NE
13. Justin E. Omaha, NE
14. Luke C. Omaha, NE
15. Craig P. Lincoln
16. Richie B. OMAHA , NE
17. Kenny L. Lincoln, Nebraska
18. Tony T. Lincoln, Nebraska
19. Andy S. Lincoln, NE

20. Chris D. Lincoln, NE
21. Shane E. Hickman, Nebraska
22. Jeff E. Lincoln, NE

• DFM changed the title to Lincoln, NE - 03/03/2018 - Tecmo Lincoln VIII (Madison Last Chance)

Gonna do a get out and practice night on Monday, Feb 19th.

I'm going to plan on showing up at Lucky's Lounge in NW Lincoln (by the airport) as they have TVs in their booths.

I'll plan to be there between 7:30-8pm until 11 or so.  Whoever wants to show and get in some games please do.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, Knobbe said:

You still have that TV you want to unload? :-P

I sadly do not anymore :-( Moved to a new apartment so got rid of it.  Sorry!!  

I'll try to make it out tomorrow night to Lucky's to get some practice in!  Anybody else going?  

Ended up with 23 including old friend Ira M. who shows up at 12pm because he was calling the wrong Matt and went to the old venue first. (He lives in Florida and I had no idea he was coming)

It would seem as those moving one's event back two months is not conducive to bringing in your usual crowd.

We ended up playing double elim which was pretty popular.

I found out the hard way that challonge sucks for matching up the loser's bracket so I'll get the final bracket out there tonight.

Congrats to @randywags25 for winning. 

Richie B for 2nd

Craig P for 3rd

Ira M for 4th

My biggest moment of triumph was Nebraska native Danny Noonan somehow intercepting a pass and destroying everything in his path for a TD

• DFM unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...