joeygats

TecmoBowl.org Commentator Series

Completely rewritten by davefmurray because wtf joeygats.

The TecmoBowl.org Commentator Series is a delayed live tournament series to be broadcast on the official Tecmo Super Bowl Facebook page. (~80k likes). Select series or games will be played consecutively leading up to Tecmo Madison XIV. The Tecmo Madison broadcast crew will commentate play by play for as many games as possible. We reserve the right to show or not show your series. Try to make the games exciting. Take risks. Bring it home!

WHY?

The recent conclusion of Thunderdome X led to an influx of new player interest through the FB page. (18k views and counting.) We are going to service this massive audience and show them TSB is still very much alive.

FORMAT

The tournament will feature 8-16 players that will play in a best of 3 series each round until a champion is crowned. 

The champion will be given free Tecmo Madison XIV entry, 2018 Tecmo ranking points towards player of the year, as well as seeding bumps in The Road to Madison!

Round 1 consists of agreed upon grudge matches. Each player agrees to the grudge match and they duke it out in a best of 3. The grudge match winners will be placed in a single elimination bracket for Round 2 through the finals based on preference, location & point differential. The bracket creation will be a collective effort from a few people.

RULES

• Madison rules
  • Each series needs an NSV per game. Use local recording as a backup if you have concerns.
  • Coin Toss - Winner of the Game 1 coin toss is player 1 and calls the matchup. Game 2 is reversed, P2 is now P1 and calls the matchup. Game 3 is a new coin toss.

GAME SUBMISSION

Once games are done, the winner is to submit all info via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/xkzP5GtvPpvRDldI3 - It does require a Google account. If you don't have one, get one. It is 2018

Confirmed Participants So Far:

@joeygats

@kamphuna8
@Ryan11p

@disastamasta142

@Darth RockMan

@ptitteri

@oklahoma

@justinpeters51

@red98sethuthut

@hoffnasty9

@toolie

@Prime

@randywags25

@Nos

@modeezie

@stalltalk

SCHEDULED MATCHUPS **

arncoem vs disastamasta

kamp vs ptitteri

randywags vs hoffnasty 

redsethut vs modeezie

darth rockman vs justinpeters51

stalltalk vs oklahoma

nos vs joeygats

toolie vs ryan11p

Replacement List

@drake
@Barletti

Edited by joeygats

44 minutes ago, Darth RockMan said:

I call out @Prime for a best of 3 challenge!!!!!

get in line i think multiple people want prime and i am one of them. in the end he will be paired with the person who makes the most sense.. so at this point since him and disasta have history i would pair them 2 together 

@davefmurray

I have some questions:

1. Are we nsv’ing every game or can some be broadcasted live? If they can be live, does obs stream to fb?

2. Can some games include audio/video from the players like your original idea? Assuming video is harder, at least audio?

3. Would screen capture be a viable sub for nsv?

4. Are you having an announcer do every game like Thunderdome, which would put a kabash on any live stream?

Forum > Discord when it comes to organizing. You taught me that! =)

Just now, hoffnasty9 said:

@davefmurray

I have some questions:

1. Are we nsv’ing every game or can some be broadcasted live? If they can be live, does obs stream to fb?

2. Can some games include audio/video from the players like your original idea? Assuming video is harder, at least audio?

4. Are you having an announcer do every game like Thunderdome, which would put a kabash on any live stream?

no live streams  is only question i can answer lol .. dave would have to answer all the others cause i have no clue

22 hours ago, hoffnasty9 said:

@davefmurray

I have some questions:

1) NSVs only.

2) No.

3) No.

4) Yes.

After the first round of grudge match games, I'll set up the bracket.

The bracket is not random draw.

You will not choose your next opponent.

Point differential matters. Madison rules.

All matches are best of 3.

Each series needs a series needs an NSV per game.

Once games are done, the winner is to submit all info via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/xkzP5GtvPpvRDldI3 - It does require a Google account. If you don't have one, get one. It is 2018

On 1/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, davefmurray said:

Yes, send them to via the form in the first post --> https://goo.gl/forms/xkzP5GtvPpvRDldI3

lol he was joking but i did get my revenge the other night so now were tied up 2-2 maybe our tiebreaker will be in this thingy tho.. dave he smoked me that night i got crumbled but then i returned the favor

On 1/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, davefmurray said:

After the first round of grudge match games, I'll set up the bracket.

The bracket is not random draw.

You will not choose your next opponent.

Point differential matters. Madison rules.

All matches are best of 3.

Each series needs a series needs an NSV per game.

Once games are done, the winner is to submit all info via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/xkzP5GtvPpvRDldI3 - It does require a Google account. If you don't have one, get one. It is 2018

Are all the 1st round games in?