QB and Punt Returner Ball Control

jstout

The QB and Punt Returner Fumble Probability is at x286E7 and is equal to 0C (both use this number).

On the original, Ball Control is on the hex scale of 12 to 03 where 12 is the Ball Control for a 6 skill and 03 is for a 100 skill. This places the QBs and Punt Returner equal to a 44 Ball Control player.

To determine fumbles the game loads a random number ($3D) and compares it with the player's ball control and if the random number is less than the player's ball control a fumble occurs. Thus, changing the 0C to 00 would cause them to never fumble and FF to always fumble.

So you're saying that this singe code address controls the BC attribute for every team's QB & PR positions? There aren't 28 distinct settings (I'm assuming this is for TSB I).

Please be more specific, both about the game version and whether you're talking about one team's setting or all 28.

Thanx.

AM Rush

The problem is that in real life, a PR's BC is way different from a QB's BC.

You can't blame the Bears' quarterbacks for Bobby Wade's greased hands.

And totally off-topic, but I just got serious deja vu after reading bruddog and sois' last two posts. And there is no way I was awake after they posted. I think I might be reading the boards too much, to an extent that I can now read posts before they happen.

Definitely QB's that way you can make them faster but with consequences.

It's too bad that QB's and PR's are linked together.

Average fumble rates nfl (over many seasons)

RB's~ 1.3% per touch (fumbles)/(rec+rushes)

PR's ~ 5% this one is pretty tough because a lot of PR's are also WR's. But somewhere between 5-10% is

QB's ~ 12.3% per touch (fumbles/(sacks+rushes)

bruddog, you think it would be efficient enough if the PR was equal to the 56 Ball Control number and all QBs where the number at x286E7?

I haven't fully tested but it looked like if x286C7 is changed to 12 then it forces the game to revert to the normal player path and somewhere it seems to be defaulting the PR equal to the 56 Ball Control. The QB doesn't branch with the PR here allowing x286E7 to be usable for them.

That would probably work.

bruddog, you think it would be efficient enough if the PR was equal to the 56 Ball Control number and all QBs where the number at x286E7?

I haven't fully tested but it looked like if x286C7 is changed to 12 then it forces the game to revert to the normal player path and somewhere it seems to be defaulting the PR equal to the 56 Ball Control. The QB doesn't branch with the PR here allowing x286E7 to be usable for them.

Somewhere between 1A as a pretty reasonable number.

Here is the reasoning:

RB's fumble at about a 1.5% clip per touch in the NFL. Tecmo roughly tripled this rate since TD's and INT INT's also happen at a mcuh greater rateto give realistic final scores.

QB's fumble about 11% per rush+sack. Tecmoizing that number would make it about 33%. However QB's recover a very high percentage (~75%) of the fumbles they lose. But on QB sacks in tecmo your chance of recovering a fumble is pretty close to zero. 1A would give you a fumbling rate of about 10% for QB's.

• 6 years later...

There is no "hack" here other than how to change the value.

For now you are stuck with having the same value for all QBs and PRs thoughout the game until someone creates a hack.

Has anyone looked back at this?  Fumbling on PRets is an instant TD for the other team.  I'd be interested in turning it off, but lowering the QB BC attribute--as per the hack posted here.

There is no "hack" here other than how to change the value.

For now you are stuck with having the same value for all QBs and PRs thoughout the game until someone creates a hack.

No, you are stuck with QB's having their own BC and PR's defaulting to 56 BC. 

"bruddog, you think it would be efficient enough if the PR was equal to the 56 Ball Control number and all QBs where the number at x286E7?