The Link Between Team Names and Team Rankings Page

shmue

Hi All,

Really enjoy this website and love the literature on rom-editing, as I find this more fun than playing the game at times.

I've come into an issue with changing the team names/mascots, which ultimately affects the 'team rankings' page in season mode (see image below).  I'm trying to update the NCAA game with more accurate/full length names, but when i do so, there is an error on this team rankings page.  This error is not specific to the individual teams, its just specific to the rankings numbers 15-17 (in the image below ranking positions 73, 78 and 69 correspond to 15, 16 and 17 respectively).

I've narrowed the error to somewhere between the pointers x1FC10 -x1FFCF, but cannot seem to find the culprit. 

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?  Any input would be much appreciated!  Thanks again!

image.thumb.png.f359a77cc7ee5a8583641389f14eadd9.png

That was it!  Thanks so much.

Of course the CRIMSONTIDE would ruin it for the rest of the NCAA.  The mascot name can only be 10 letters long by the looks of it.  It can be longer in the TEAM DATA page, but only works if its ten letters long in the TEAM RANKINGS page.

Thanks again GOJI, youre input is greatly appreciated...hope I can help you out sometime!

1 hour ago, shmue said:

That was it!  Thanks so much.

Of course the CRIMSONTIDE would ruin it for the rest of the NCAA.  The mascot name can only be 10 letters long by the looks of it.  It can be longer in the TEAM DATA page, but only works if its ten letters long in the TEAM RANKINGS page.

Thanks again GOJI, youre input is greatly appreciated...hope I can help you out sometime!

No problem! Glad you got it sorted out.