Detroit, MI - 03/03/2018 - Detroit Tecmo Kumite VI

bob sacamano

DETROIT TECMO KUMITE VI
WHERE:  Detroit Beer Company, 1529 Broadway, Detroit, MI
WHEN:  Saturday, March 3, 2018
Doors 10AM, Kickoff 11AM sharp.

PRE-PAY ENTRY:  $30 PayPal to:  [email protected] /  $35 doors
Registration is LIVE for Detroit Tecmo Kumite VI!  Our 5th tournament in 2017 was our biggest and best yet, crowning Matt O'Toole his 1st Kumite title, including a great new venue, providing plenty of room for growth into the future.  Kumite VI is just 2 months away, and registration is now LIVE!,  so sign up today, to take advantage of the Pre-Pay PayPal discounted rate!

TecmoKumiteVI.png

PARTICIPANTS:  We are anticipating at least 40 participants for Kumite VI, which will pay out at least 5 spots, including over $500 for 1st place - in addition to ample raffle, and consolation prizes!  Spectators are encouraged to join in on the fun as well, as we are certainly not limited to just participants.  2017 brought us a great new venue at Detroit Beer Co with ample space, and we are excited at what the future beholds for Tecmo Kumite Detroit.  We'll be raffling off a ton of great prizes, so be sure to bring along all of your friends!
PRIZES:  Numerous prizes will be raffled off, and earned during both the main portion of the tournament, and also the consolation portion of the tournament.  Details to come!

To REGISTER: Please email the [email protected], and be sure to include:
GAMER TAG/NICKNAME, HOMETOWN, EMAIL, and any EQUIPMENT you can lend to the tournament cause, including NES, TSB carts, small TVs, etc.

Entry Fee:  $30 via PayPal, to [email protected].  Pre-Pay Deadline will be Wednesday 2/21, so take advantage of the discounted rate.  Beyond 2/21, and/or day-of entry will be $35.  Doors are at 10:00AM, with kickoff at 11:00AM sharp - Saturday 3/3/2018.

FORMAT:  The "Swiss-Buffalo" format, introduced in 2017 was a great success, and we'll be bringing it back for 2018.  There will be a 5 to 6 round "Swiss-Style" format for the preliminary rounds, which pits similar records against one another each proceeding round.  This will help minimize the time it generally takes to complete the preliminary rounds, and the day as a whole.  After the Swiss rounds have completed, the player pool will be divided into an Sweet 16 "Buffalo-Style" finale, where you will select your choice of team, for the duration of the tournament.   As per usual, we will also hold at least one consolation round as well.

EQUIPMENT: Tournament competitors are encouraged to bring any and all equipment they are able to, including: NES, TSB cart, controllers, ac adapters, RF or RCA wires, extension cords, power strips, and most importantly small sized televisions. Please keep in mind, we may be in need of said equipment for the duration of the event. ONLY original NES controllers are welcome, no turbo, no dogbone, etc. If you plan on bringing any equipment, please be sure to label your equipment, and plan on arriving 30 minutes in advance to help set up. We thank you in advance for anything you are able to assist the tournament with!

Stay tuned - More to come!  Hope to see you all at Tecmo Kumite VI on 3/3!

Edited by modeezie

• 4 weeks later...

Registration is LIVE for Detroit Tecmo Kumite VI!  Our 5th tournament in 2017 was our biggest and best yet, crowning Matt O'Toole his 1st Kumite title, including a great new venue, providing plenty of room for growth into the future.  Kumite VI is just 2 months away, and registration is now LIVE!,  so sign up today, to take advantage of the Pre-Pay PayPal discounted rate!

To REGISTER: Please email the [email protected], and be sure to include:
GAMER TAG/NICKNAME, HOMETOWN, EMAIL, and any EQUIPMENT you can lend to the tournament cause, including NES, TSB carts, small TVs, etc.

Entry Fee:  $30 via PayPal, to [email protected].  Pre-Pay Deadline will be Wednesday 2/21, so take advantage of the discounted rate.  Beyond 2/21, and/or day-of entry will be $35.  Doors are at 10:00AM, with kickoff at 11:00AM sharp - Saturday 3/3/2018.

Stay tuned - More to come!  Hope to see you all on 3/3 for Tecmo Kumite VI!

Ok so this is a maybe for me and Gats a lot more likely if we get some kind of car pool situation going on we expect to be going through areas like Milwaukee, Chicago, Gary, and Battle Creek.  Also if you live in the Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh are hit me up as well on here or Discord.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:09 AM, allamerican1569 said:

I had your tournament on my radar last year, but could not find anyone to go with from Chicago.  This year I'm planning / hoping to be there.  I'm really intrigued by the swiss rounds in a Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament.   I already let Mort know I'm intrested in a car pool to Detroit if he is going.

That's great news brother.  Hope you find a way to make it out!

• 2 weeks later...

TECMO KUMITE DETROIT PRESENTS:
TECMO & BREWS

Join us for a night of Retro gaming at Rochester Mills Beer Co. We'll be hosting a satellite Tecmo Super Bowl tournament, where the winner will win entry into the Detroit Tecmo Kumite VI, on Saturday, March 3 in Downtown Detroit, and just like last year, additional raffle prizes will be given away, TBD - Stay tuned!

For info, in regards to Kumite VI registration or anything else for that matter, please email:  TECMODETROIT AT GMAIL.COM

We hope to see you guys out at Rochester Mills Beer Co. for our Kumite satellite tournament on Sunday, February 11, 2018!

Edited by modeezie

We are excited to announce that we'll be joining Tom Stahnke on The Retro Sports Gaming Monthly Special Edition this Sunday night, where we will discuss Kumite VI, and review some of the #Tecmo goings on this upcoming weekend at tournaments in Green Bay, Bloomington, and Portland! 9:30PM EST, Retro Sports Gamer channel on YouTube. Please give him a Like! and a Follow!   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g

• DFM pinned this topic

If you aren't signed up for Kumite VI on March 3, 2018 - at the lovely Detroit Beer Co., well what are you waiting for!? We're giving away over $500 for 1st Place, paying at least 4 spots, and like last year - raffling off a ton of prizes.

PayPal Register $30 (before 2/21/18) [email protected]  or $35 doors.

Please include:  GAMERTAG / HOMETOWN / EMAIL / EQUPMENT

RAFFLE PRIZES include:

*BARRY SANDERS SIGNED DETROIT LIONS MINI HELMET

*BO JACKSON TECMO T-SHIRT

*BARRY SANDERS TECMO T-SHIRT

*RONNIE LOTT TODD McFARLANE FIGURINE

*BARRY SANDERS TODD McFARLANE

*PHIL SIMMS TODD McFARLANE FIGURINE

*BOBBY HUMPHREY POSTERS (2)

*LORENZO WHITE STARTING LINEUP

*BUBBY BRISTER AUTOGRAPHED FOOTBALL CARD

*1990 SCORE FOOTBALL CARD PACKS door prize

*STEVE YOUNG STARTING LINEUP satellite tournament

With your paid entry into Kumite VI, you will receive 5 raffle tickets. Additional tickets can be purchased for $2 each, so be sure to bring along any family, or friends that may be interested!  Lending equipment for the tourney cause will also get you an extra pair of raffle tickets!

We are happy to be hosting a satellite tournament on Sunday night, February 11 at Rochester Mills Beer Co. in downtown Rochester - 7PM.  We'll be live streaming our satellite tournament | https://www.twitch.tv/tecmodetroit |

$5 entry, gets you a raffle ticket to win a Steve Young Starting Lineup figurine, and the winner of the tournament will punch his or her ticket into Detroit's Tecmo Kumite VI on March 3!

PayPal Register $30 (before 2/21/18) [email protected]  or $35 doors.

Please include:  GAMERTAG / HOMETOWN / EMAIL / EQUPMENT you can lend for the tourney cause, including TSB carts, NES console, 19-23' TVs, power stips, extension cords, etc.  We can't be a successful Kumite without the help of our tournament competitors, so remember you'll get an extra pair of raffle tickets for helping out the tournament cause with equipment.  Thank you for your continued support!  #KumiteVI

We hope to see you out at the satellite tournament at Rochester Mills Beer Co. on 2/11, and if not, we will certainly catch you guys on 3/3 at Detroit Beer Co. for Kumite VI.

20180206_150825.thumb.jpg.99fbf59d1d060be0bd4f580248d2d512.jpg

20180206_150904.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you aren't signed up for Kumite VI on March 3, 2018 - at the lovely Detroit Beer Co, well, what in the heck are you waiting for?!  We're giving away over $500 for 1st Place, with the winner taking home the coveted Kumite Cup!  Just like last year, we'll be raffling off a ton of great prizes!  There are still a boat load of past competitors, and champions who have not signed up yet, so don't miss out on the opportunity!  You have one more week to save $5 on registration, before 2/21.  Please pass this email along to anyone who might be interested in joining us for the Kumite VI on 3/3!

PayPal Register $30 (before next WED 2/21/18) [email protected]  or $35 doors.

Please include:  GAMERTAG / HOMETOWN / EMAIL / EQUPMENT (that you can lend to the tourney cause; read about incentive below!)

The sixth rendition of the Tecmo Kumite Detroit cannot sustain the success it's had without you!  So please know that your help is needed lending any equipment that you can for the tourney cause, including tube TVs '19-'23, TSB carts, NES consoles, power adapters, extension cords, power strips, etc. Lending equipment for the tourney cause will also get you an extra pair of raffle tickets, so please help out in any way that you can!

With your paid entry into Kumite VI, you will receive 5 complimentary raffle tickets.  Additional tickets can be purchased for $2 each, so be sure to bring along any family, or friends that may be interested, as we are giving away a ton of great prizes, that could cater to anyone's interest!

RAFFLE PRIZES include:

*BARRY SANDERS SIGNED DETROIT LIONS MINI HELMET

*BO JACKSON TECMO T-SHIRT

*BARRY SANDERS TECMO T-SHIRT

*RONNIE LOTT TODD McFARLANE FIGURINE

*BARRY SANDERS TODD McFARLANE FIGURINE

*PHIL SIMMS TODD McFARLANE FIGURINE

*BOBBY HUMPHREY POSTERS (2)

*STEVE YOUNG STARTING LINEUP

*LORENZO WHITE STARTING LINEUP

*BUBBY BRISTER AUTOGRAPHED FOOTBALL CARD

*1990 SCORE FOOTBALL CARD PACKS door prize

* VARIETY OF ITEMS WON VIA IN-GAME CONTEST(S)

We hope to see you all at Detroit Beer Co. 1529 Broadway, Detroit, MI for KumiteVI on Saturday, March 3, 2018!  Doors 10AM, Kickoff 11AM.

[email protected]

Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/tecmodetroit

Twitter: @tecmodell42

Edited by modeezie

Hello, how do I pay my entry? I emailed tecmodetroit. Will I get a reply with a link to pay my entry?

Okay, I figured out how to send my money, but I forgot to include my Hometown in the Notes on the Paypal payment. I did, however, include that information in an email I sent just before I sent the payment. 

Edited by Vasilios
Found Solution

Hi. I just registered via PayPal, but forgot to include the info you requested other than my name. I sent out an email with that info, let me know if you need me to do anything else.

Questions: What version of the game do you use? If it's the original Tecmo Super Bowl version, I can't remember, with the early 90s roster? Is it the one where you can or can't change the playbooks? So, there's 8 plays. Can you change playbooks? Are there any other weird rules to know about? Thank you.

Hey fellas.  I believe I got both of your emails.  We play the original Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES ('91), or I suppose you can call it the sequel to Tecmo Bowl.  So yeah, I think I did see emails from you both, whether it be personal emails, or from PayPal.  I will respond to those momentarily.  Please let me know if you have any other follow up questions, but once I throw you into our registration file, you'll be receiving enough information to choke on.  Digest it all, and get back to me!  See you guys on 3/3!  @Vasilios @FastEddie

Good morning #kumite!  We have decided on a slight adjustment to matchups one can call in the preliminary stages/6 rounds of swiss play (traditional group play). In each round of the Swiss portion of the tournament, a tier of teams will be randomly drawn. Each tier of teams will be used at least once during the Swiss rounds. All games for that round must involve teams from the determined tier. TEAM TIERS The five tiers of teams used for the Swiss rounds are being shamelessly borrowed from the Tomczak Bowl tournament (run by Beef Juice). The tiers are… Tier 1: SF, NYG, BUF, HOU, PHI Tier 2: PHI, KC, RAI, RAM, CHI, MIA, CIN Tier 3: MIA, CIN, MIN, DET, WAS, SD, TB, DEN Tier 4: TB, DEN, JET, NO, DAL, ATL, PHX, PIT Tier 5: PHX, PIT, CLE, GB, SEA, NE, IND Rules page has been adjusted, and emailed out to registrants upon the next email blast. Just 9 days left, until #kumiteVI!

Party-Pants list updated. We are just 9 days away from #KumiteVI on 03/03/18 at Detroit Beer Co in Downtown Detroit.  Get signed up today! [email protected] for details. 

tecmo guest list 022218.jpg

Edited by modeezie

Stay tuned in regards to a Friday meet up. While we'd love to have everyone Friday night at the venue, as it makes so much sense to utilize that time to get set up for the next day, we just can't guarantee it ahead of time. They may have something booked in the same room for Friday Night. You'll be receiving an email update by midweek and we'll be sure to address this and everything Kumite!  See you next weekend!  #LongLiveTecmo

• 2 weeks later...