Bloomington, IL - 01/27/2018 - Bloomington Tecmo XV

T.Mann

On 10/20/2017 at 4:02 PM, tecmobo said:

You tempt me sir. I'll have to wait until early January to know if I can go but let me know if you have room in your ride.

We just reached the 40 player mark. Are we going to be expecting to see you? Our deadline is next Saturday. Just let us know before then.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:17 AM, Green Majik said:

Consider myself rallied. I'm in! And I got a car, too, so let's keep the rally going. 

@ShallahBey had an incredible tournament. Main reason the above is a healthy debate is because the Bucs were still on the table ...

Are you still interested in playing as well?

On 1/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, T.Mann said:

Are you still interested in playing as well?

Thank you for the reminder. The NY came quickly!

I've just sent bloomingtontecmo my buy-in. 

Only thing is I don't have a car anymore, so I'll be hitchin' a ride :) .

Hopefully you take beer donations, because I intend to contribute with some Chicago flavah. 

2 hours ago, RetroNathan said:

This is awesome, great work! Hope you guys have a great tournament!

Thanks man! I hope you guys have a great turnout, and tournament as well. That's awesome that you guys got Ahman Green coming. My dad's a huge packers fan so I root for the Packers as a secondary team. Unfortunately in Bloomington we have nobody famous to invite. I guess the best we can brag about is my cousin we call Dildo playing and his claim to fame is drinking a 3 liter das boot in less than 45 minutes at State street brats in Madison. Ha ha. Regardless it's going to be a big day for Tecmo!

This years Bloomington Tecmo event is our biggest one yet. As of right now we have 45 players and including people just attending we are over 70. If you're planning on attending you need to have your money in by Saturday January 13th by 1700 hours. That's tomorrow at 5pm. After this our guest list will be finalized and all previous invites will be void. I know in previous years we allowed people to just show up and pay at the door, but for liability purposes we can't do that anymore. So please if you plan on attending get your money in. Thanks, and we hope to see you there!

20 hours ago, ImFlo said:

Sent.

Flo, and Tecmobo I received both of your money. With that being said we have now crossed over into the 50 player mark. We still have about 4 hours left to sign up before I decide to shut down our sign up. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, tecmobo said:

Thanks to the organizers for a great tournament. I can definitely say I haven't been to a tournament like Blono before - A tecmo experience to be sure! And the championship belt is even cooler in person. That thing is one quality piece.

Thanks for coming!!  Our tournament is definitely a party that happens to have Tecmo haha.  If you decide to come back next year we are going to get more machines set up so it doesn't drag on as long as it did. We had about 20 more players then we ever had before and just completely underestimated things.

I know it's only because of turnovers but I consider taking you to OT a win for me. 

• DFM unpinned this topic

I had an absolute blast at Blono Tecmo XV. Thank you Chris, Tim, and everyone else who had a hand in putting on the tourney. 

@Tecmo Psycho, great write-up on the tourney. It was awesome to meet and play you. You are a great guy. As for our loser's bracket game, I should have taken the Eagles! Although I just know you would have obliterated me with that Bears defense :) 

... And don't worry about the lags between matches toward the end of the night. Believe me, the Chicago boys were all having a great time (except Flo for a spell there :-o ). We didn't get home till late, but we knew what we were getting into. If we made frequent mention about how long the stream/tournament was going, it was all in fun. We were in the moment and having the time of our lives. I believe I speak for most of us when I say we are hooked, and we'll definitely be back next year for Blono Tecmo XVI ... when you should be prepared to suffer my revenge!

Oh, and congrats to @tecmobo! Even though you're "not even good," you put together an impressive run :)