Bloomington, IL - 01/27/2018 - Bloomington Tecmo XV

T.Mann

WHAT: BLOOMINGTON TECMO XV

WHEN: January 27, 2018 at NOON (PRACTICE PLAY BEGINS AT 10AM)

WHERE: 409 Olympia Dr. BAY #2 Bloomington, Illinois 61704 (warehouse building)

BUY-IN: $25. Buy in includes all food, drink (alcoholic and non alcoholic),  and custom koozie

REGISTRATION: Registration is open now. Secure you spot by sending payment to [email protected]. Deadline to enter is January 13, 2018.

RULES: Madison rules.

FORMATRound robin group play with the top finishers placed in a double elimination tournament bracket to battle for the championship belt. The individuals that don't qualify for the championship bracket will be placed in the double elimination beer league bracket to battle it out for the Bloomington Beer Keg.

PRIZESThe winner will receive custom playing cards with their picture, and stats. The winner will also take home the championship belt (must return to defend title the following year to keep it), and a free entry into Madison's World Championship (paid for by Bloomington Tecmo). Trophies will be provided for other top finishers, along with some raunchy prizes for our competitors who don't fare as well.

LIVE STREAM: The Retro Sports Gamer will be providing the live stream. Here is the link for the channel the stream will be on:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THIS LIVE STREAM IS TO BE CONSIDERED NSFW!!! 

Bloomington Tecmo is a self funded event, and because of this we don't do cash prizes. We play for the love of the game. I realize some people only play for money, but at our event the atmosphere is equivalent to a Madison after party the whole time. Bloomington is a no pressure tournament that wants everyone to enjoy a game we all love without having to worry about whether or not you will win enough money to cover your tournament expenses. To help provide stress relief we provide an abundance of beer, hard liquor, and food to help spruce up the party. The warehouse that we rent out is 100% our's for this event. With that being said we are still responsible for people's actions at this warehouse. Anybody wishing to play or attend must pay by January 13, 2018. We will not allow walk ins and You must be 21 years old to attend!!!! Each paid person will then be placed on a guest list, and must check in upon arrival. Once you check in you will receive a Bloomington Tecmo rubber wristband that you must wear for the duration of the tournament. All non invited guests, or anyone not on the guest list will be asked to leave. I hate to be that way, but due to liability issues with the business we rent from this is a stipulation that we must enforce. Any other questions, comments, or concerns can be addressed by emailing me at [email protected]. Thanks, and I hope to see you there! 

tecmobelt.jpg

Edited by T.Mann

• DFM changed the title to Bloomington, IL - 01/27/2018 - Bloomington Tecmo XV
  • DFM pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, allamerican1569 said:

I've seen pictures of this belt online for a few years already and have heavily coveted it.  I can't pass up an opportunity to try and take that puppy home.  @tecmobo May be the Chicago Tecmo Super Bowl Champion, but the Illinois State Championship is still up for grabs.

You tempt me sir. I'll have to wait until early January to know if I can go but let me know if you have room in your ride.

10 minutes ago, tecmobo said:

You tempt me sir. I'll have to wait until early January to know if I can go but let me know if you have room in your ride.

Hopefully you will be able to attend our event. I'm quite certain you won't be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, allamerican1569 said:

I've seen pictures of this belt online for a few years already and have heavily coveted it.  I can't pass up an opportunity to try and take that puppy home.  @tecmobo May be the Chicago Tecmo Super Bowl Champion, but the Illinois State Championship is still up for grabs.

He got lucky that I had to bow out. I'm the greatest player from the greatest state. And I guess I'll have to show up to prove it.

Here's a preview of some of the beverages we offered last year. We ended up running out of beer, and had to go grab 5 more cases. Here at Bloomington Tecmo we always promise a good time. You may not remember us the next morning, but we promise to take pictures so you'll never forget that day!

20170121_112841.jpg

20160109_143409.jpg

20 minutes ago, tecmobo said:

Any pictures of the setup from years past?

Here's a few pics. Last year we set up 10 systems. We have them all lined against the wall. We then set up a bunch of tables in the middle of the warehouse for people to sit, eat, play cards, mingle or whatever. Against the far back wall we have an area where all the food is located. We also have 2 refrigerators completely stocked with beer. Then I included  the picture of our bar where a lot of memories are made. Any other questions just let me know, and I'll be happy to answer them.

20170128_152055.jpg

20170128_152052.jpg

20160124_172428.jpg

2 hours ago, ImFlo said:

He got lucky that I had to bow out. I'm the greatest player from the greatest state. And I guess I'll have to show up to prove it.

I hope to see you at our event. I had the privilege of speaking with you at Madison, and I think you'd fit in well with everyone at our tournament. I'd like to see you show up in your bad ass red suit.

15 hours ago, tecmobo said:

I will definitely let you know.  Not opposed to multiple cars if I can rally the troops.

15 hours ago, ImFlo said:

I don't know bro, people were saying @ShallahBey put on a better performance then a drunk ass Flo probably would of.  I don't know, that's just what I heard.

6 hours ago, hankthetank said:

Very Unfortunate Timing

I know, but we've been doing this since 2004 so I can't start changing things now. Bloomington Tecmo will always be the weekend before the Superbowl. Tundra bowl offers something Bloomington Tecmo doesn't though, and I will never knock them for that. They're a Madison major that Bloomington Tecmo will never be because we will never offer cash prizes. With that being said I figured I'd never be able to draw interest from players from outside the Bloomington area because I don't pay out. I'm actually surprised though at the growing number of people who have shown interest in attending our event. I will say this though people that have traveled to play in our tournament usually come back. 

1 hour ago, T.Mann said:

They're a Madison major that Bloomington Tecmo will never be because we will never offer cash prizes.

To be inherently clear, cash has absolutely nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, davefmurray said:

To be inherently clear, cash has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I guess I should clarify that I'm not saying that cash is the reason why you picked certain tournament's as a Madison major. I know these tournament's you've picked put together a hell of a lot stronger competitive field than our tournament. I believe it's for that reason you've picked those tournaments. My point is cash rewards will always help bring the stronger competition over a tournament offering free beer with your buy in. I hope you don't think I'm trying to insult what you've done for the Tecmo world, and I sure hope you don't think I'm fighting for a Madison major. That was never my intention. I have a big enough headache dealing with the 30 some people I get for my event.

52 minutes ago, T.Mann said:

I guess I should clarify that I'm not saying that cash is the reason why you picked certain tournament's as a Madison major. I know these tournament's you've picked put together a hell of a lot stronger competitive field than our tournament. I believe it's for that reason you've picked those tournaments. My point is cash rewards will always help bring the stronger competition over a tournament offering free beer with your buy in. I hope you don't think I'm trying to insult what you've done for the Tecmo world, and I sure hope you don't think I'm fighting for a Madison major. That was never my intention. I have a big enough headache dealing with the 30 some people I get for my event.

No worries, man. Never offended. Let's trade shirts again!

On 10/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, allamerican1569 said:

I will definitely let you know.  Not opposed to multiple cars if I can rally the troops.

Consider myself rallied. I'm in! And I got a car, too, so let's keep the rally going. 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, allamerican1569 said:

I don't know bro, people were saying @ShallahBey put on a better performance then a drunk ass Flo probably would of.  I don't know, that's just what I heard.

@ShallahBey had an incredible tournament. Main reason the above is a healthy debate is because the Bucs were still on the table ...

22 hours ago, Green Majik said:

Consider myself rallied. I'm in! And I got a car, too, so let's keep the rally going. 

@ShallahBey had an incredible tournament. Main reason the above is a healthy debate is because the Bucs were still on the table ...

Sounds good green Majik. Hopefully between you and Tom you guys will rally the troops. Bloomington is looking to have our biggest and most competitive tournament yet!

Just throwing an update out there that we will actually have a live stream this year. The Retro Sports Gamer will be providing the live stream. Here is the link for the channel the stream will be on:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g  IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE LIVE STREAM, FOR THIS EVENT, IS TO BE CONSIDERED NSFW!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

If you're friends with Bloomington Tecmo on Facebook swing on by the page to view the intro video for this year's tournament. As soon as we figure out how to upload the video outside of facebook, and with better quality we will attempt to post it on here. Thanks.

Here is Bloomington Tecmo's save the date video for this year's tournament. The theme is based on Star Wars the Last Jedi. We've taken New England Patriots running back Mosi (M0-SIGH for the purpose of our theme) Tatupu, added their colors, and altered their old logo to incorporate a lightsaber. It was our first attempt at making a video. I thought it turned out ok. Let us know what you think. Thanks!

Bloomington Tecmo already has 24 paid player entries so far this year. This year's tournament will feature our most competitive field yet. I will post a guest list at some point. If you are thinking about entering we guarantee that you won't leave disappointed. You will be guaranteed 6 games so if you make the drive you will spend plenty of time getting some games in. We offer a wide variety of awards for players of all skill levels. We also provide a wide variety of alcoholic beverages, and lots of food that is included with your entry fee. If you have any questions let me know. [email protected]. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested Bloomington Tecmo's 2018 tournament tee is available for sale to the public for a very limited time. We are offering a t-shirt option or a hoodie option. We have our 2018 shirts available, and our main logo shirts/hoodies available As well. Click the link below and check it out. We also are still taking participants for our tournament. This year's tournament is looking to be our best one yet. If you're interested shoot us an email at [email protected] 

https://stores.inksoft.com/blmtecmo

Screenshot_20171228-171929.png

Bloomington Tecmo now has 32 paid players. 2 weeks left before our deadline. Don't miss your opportunity to participate in the longest running Super Tecmo Bowl tournament/party.