davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/07/18 - Tecmo Madison XIV: In The Ware Tonight

7 hours ago, BDN said:

Hey guys I’m new here. My tecmo calling name is BDN! I first seen the Madison tourney on espn 2. Chet won his first that year! I fell I love ever since. Iv been practicing for about 2 years now and feel ready to complete! How would I go about signing up for the turney. I love retro games and can’t wait to be apart of this awesome community!!!! 

Hey, man! Welcome!

Are you in Wisconsin?

To register for Madison, go here: http://tecmo.cc/XIVreg

If you have any questions, fire away!

4 hours ago, davefmurray said:

If you have any questions, fire away!

Yes I have a question. I sent you a PM on Fri March 3rd regarding current and old Tecmo Madison business. Am I ever going to get a response?

58 minutes ago, kramz8477 said:

Yes I have a question. I sent you a PM on Fri March 3rd regarding current and old Tecmo Madison business. Am I ever going to get a response?

The passive aggression is real. I'll look. My PM backlog is longggggg.

Hey Everyone in Tecmo World,

Is anyone staying at the Best Western? Tried to get the Hilton and it was booked. Great Googly Boogly. Should be a great weekend.  

SammieSmith33

Hey bud thanks for replying! I’m actually living right now in East Tennessee near Knoxville. 

1 hour ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Hey Everyone in Tecmo World,

Is anyone staying at the Best Western? Tried to get the Hilton and it was booked. Great Googly Boogly. Should be a great weekend.  

SammieSmith33

I think nearly everyone is at the BW Inntowner listed on the site --> https://tecmomadison.com/tecmo-madison-xiv/hotels/

The block sold out but I have a call tomorrow to try and get more spots.

31 minutes ago, BDN said:

Hey bud thanks for replying! I’m actually living right now in East Tennessee near Knoxville. 

Right on! Tenn is beautiful. I love it there. We'd love to have you come out.

If you have any questions or need any help signing up, you can text us at (608) 572-7857.

Right on man thanks a lot!!

Posted (edited)

The cool thing of the format that it does two things better. The 3 man groups with a Gold, Silver and bronze bracket give everyone 3 guaranteed games. Also since the seeds lock in ( Correct me if I am wrong @QB Browns @davefmurray ) from each respective group to each single elim. bracket that should speed up the seeding of elimination games. I am assuming For instance if the Projected group winner Joeygats wins his group he is the #1 seed in gold, then if the B player is 2nd he is the #1 seed in the silver and the 3rd place is #1 seed in bronze bracket  For years it was just an big delay in time from when the group play games end from time the single elimination bracket starts ( which is not an complaint but just an fact of dealing with an huge bracket) . Doing it this way really could save you ample time with point differential not mattering.  Some may want settle for the silver bracket. Also the sober players would not have that big advantage over the drinkers in this format because of the delay waiting for bracket to come out ( A lot guys play better buzzed but some bottom out). 

Edited by red98sethuthut

Is that a Viking Bong?  I am booked at the Best Western!  Let get the Tecmo on!

Is there anyone maintaining a "Where you at" google doc?  If so, please post. If not, I nominate last year's keeper of the map of tecmo stars

26 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Is there anyone maintaining a "Where you at" google doc?  If so, please post. If not, I nominate last year's keeper of the map of tecmo stars

I nominate someone else. Freaking slammed right now.

@segathonsov?

Where is wigspear close to? I’m like 12 hours away from Madison Green Bay. But I travel to my hometown Chicago often enough tho. I’m just training training training right now, I know I have a steep goal but I wanna finish in final four my first tournament. 

15 minutes ago, BDN said:

Where is wigspear close to? I’m like 12 hours away from Madison Green Bay. But I travel to my hometown Chicago often enough tho. I’m just training training training right now, I know I have a steep goal but I wanna finish in final four my first tournament. 

Heck yea man! Have you signed up yet?

Not just yet... I still need way more practice. I’m not on the level I want to be yet to compete. I wanna make sure when I do step in I’m ready for everything possible. I also have a son that’s 9 who is training with me as well. He is hoping one day to complete as well. We both wanna be top players one day for sure. But right now we are still in training.

11 hours ago, BDN said:

Not just yet... I still need way more practice. I’m not on the level I want to be yet to compete. I wanna make sure when I do step in I’m ready for everything possible. I also have a son that’s 9 who is training with me as well. He is hoping one day to complete as well. We both wanna be top players one day for sure. But right now we are still in training.

You'll learn more attending a Madison than you will training on your own.

"Whats Beef?  Beef is where you make your enemies start your jeep.  Beef is when you role no less than 30 deep.  Beef is how I see you" Biggie

Where's The Beef? Old lady from 80's Wendy's commercials

6 hours ago, SammieSmith33 said:

"Whats Beef?  Beef is where you make your enemies start your jeep.  Beef is when you role no less than 30 deep.  Beef is how I see you" Biggie

Where's The Beef? Old lady from 80's Wendy's commercials

F2C73F5D-CC69-4CD0-B684-9082DDD6330B.thumb.jpeg.05a0053ce059ff67e508a0df9b52191c.jpeg

This is beef

23 hours ago, Beef Juice said:

You'll learn more attending a Madison than you will training on your own.

That may be the case for some or even many.. but as for me it’s just simply not. I will be watching via live stream. Iv been studying patterns and player intel and also watching many tip vids from mort and company.. trust me when I say tecmo world will know BDN soon enough. I started the same way on madden and have been a top player if not the best for 5 years now! Next I’m moving on to my fav retro gaming! And goal is to be a top ten player in the next (5) years!! Here is to the best Madison tecmo tournament yet 🍻