davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/07/18 - Tecmo Madison XIV: In The Ware Tonight

So is the idea to use the 3 man group format even if you bump up the total number of competitors? Would be nice to have that total competitor number keep going up year after year I would think.

3 minutes ago, Sanchez said:

So is the idea to use the 3 man group format even if you bump up the total number of competitors? Would be nice to have that total competitor number keep going up year after year I would think.

We have growth targets each year and this year we are right on track. The future formats are not fleshed out yet. We deviated this year to give everyone end of tourney goals. Making 3 brackets will satisfy the players at large and give them all something to work towards.

2 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

We have growth targets each year and this year we are right on track. The future formats are not fleshed out yet. We deviated this year to give everyone end of tourney goals. Making 3 brackets will satisfy the players at large and give them all something to work towards.

I totally love the format...was just curious if it could be used for more than 264.

4 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Has Vegas established an over/under number for the number of people sporting pastel shirts worn under a suit?

Not yet. I'll get Ace Rothstein and Jimmy the Greek on it to provide a stone cold lock for you. 

Making my native voyage to Madison this year (pumped!) and I've gotten a kick out of the pun-inspired names for each year (i.e. - In the Ware Tonight, Something About Barry). Is there anywhere to find the complete list of each year's "theme name"?  They crack me up.  Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Making my native voyage to Madison this year (pumped!) and I've gotten a kick out of the pun-inspired names for each year (i.e. - In the Ware Tonight, Something About Barry). Is there anywhere to find the complete list of each year's "theme name"?  They crack me up.  Thanks in advance.

I can only account for the ones I've been to.

Muster's Last Stand
Marino Royale
Gannonball Run
Apocalipps Now
There's Something about Barry
Return of the Mack
In the Ware Tonight

The old Madison site had a page with literally 100s of punny titles that had been thought of.

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Glad you can make it! Here's the list that he was speaking of...names for days.

Edited by RetroNathan

On 2/17/2018 at 6:07 AM, RetroNathan said:

I'm not in the Jam this year; I think Ninja took my spot with Levi. 

"If you need a wing man.  I'll fly with ya." Top Gun

18 hours ago, tecmobo said:

Is there a "where are people staying" google doc or something? Curious as to where the hotel tecmo rumbles are going down Friday night.

I don't think one has been created yet. The Best Western is where rooms were blocked off I believe. I'm staying at the Hampton again because I like nice things. I'm sure Mort is staying in whichever Super 8 just had a meth deal gone wrong.

6 hours ago, Beef Juice said:

I don't think one has been created yet. The Best Western is where rooms were blocked off I believe. I'm staying at the Hampton again because I like nice things. I'm sure Mort is staying in whichever Super 8 just had a meth deal gone wrong.

That is the underrated thing about losing Badger Bowl - proximity to only the best meth-adjacent hotels.