Jump to content
Site switched to HTTPS Read more... ×
davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/07/18 - Tecmo Madison XIV: In The Ware Tonight

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

Just when we thought Madison couldn't get any better @qb_browns and @davefmurray do something like this. This announcement is a great thing for the entire Tecmo scene. I hope other tournaments follow suit and put some sort of consolation bracket in place. 

 

Tundra Bowl has had a consolation for a few years. Kudos to them for blazing the trail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiebreakers:
Bracket seeds are determined by record and then point differential. If at the end of the round there is a two-way tie, a deathmatch will be played. If a three-way tie, a 3-man single elimination tourney will be played, where the top seed of the group gets a bye round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Tiebreakers:
Bracket seeds are determined by record and then point differential. If at the end of the round there is a two-way tie, a deathmatch will be played. If a three-way tie, a 3-man single elimination tourney will be played, where the top seed of the group gets a bye round.

 

Two way tie in a 3 man group round robin isn't possible. Unless you mean a deathmatch for seeding purposes if someone has the same record and point diff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neerrm said:

 

Two way tie in a 3 man group round robin isn't possible. Unless you mean a deathmatch for seeding purposes if someone has the same record and point diff.

 

 

Assuming here, and correct me if I'm wrong, it would work out like this:

 

Player A: 1-1 +3 PT diff: 21-14 over C, 20-24 against B

Player B: 1-1 +3 PT diff: 24-20 over A, 20-21 against C

Player C: 1-1 -6 PT diff: 14-21 against A, 21-20 over B

 

Players A and B would technically be in a two-way tie and have a one game playoff. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neerrm said:

Two way tie in a 3 man group round robin isn't possible. Unless you mean a deathmatch for seeding purposes if someone has the same record and point diff.

1

 

It is possible.

 

1 hour ago, RetroNathan said:

 

Assuming here, and correct me if I'm wrong, it would work out like this:

 

Player A: 1-1 +3 PT diff: 21-14 over C, 20-24 against B

Player B: 1-1 +3 PT diff: 24-20 over A, 20-21 against C

Player C: 1-1 -6 PT diff: 14-21 against A, 21-20 over B

 

Players A and B would technically be in a two-way tie and have a one game playoff. 

1

 

Exactly this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the three man groups and consolation events.  I think that eliminates the problem of doing so much to come to Madison to be destroyed 2 to 3 times then go home.  Plus there might be less complaints of we are seeding top down as 1 seeds then the bottom/newbies as 3.  Will be some interesting 2 seeds but overall I see it producing a very challenging 1st round of games for everyone.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We are pumped to announce a new format for FNR! Coming? Let us know 1f449.png https://business.facebook.com/events/285065528673534/

(Yes, 2v2 TSB. This will not be a prized tournament. Proceeds will go to charity.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first ever 2v2 online Tecmo game was just played.. It was amazing. Here are 3 not so highlight highlights. The first ever play in 2v2 history was a flea flicker that burned them both. I ran oob because I was laughing so hard.
Yes, these plays are garbage. It was just proof of concept.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

logo.png

🍻 Tecmo XIV Registration is live! 

Head to this link to register 👉 tecmo.cc/Registration 👈

April 6th & 7th
The Red Zone
1212 Regent St, Madison, WI 53715
(608) 251-6766

 

Event, Schedule and Hotel info can be found here --> http://tecmomadison.com/tecmo-madison-xiv/

 

2018 brings Tecmo Madison XIV, the Tecmo Super Bowl World Championship back to Madison, WI! The field has been reduced to 264 players this year to maximize the experience. 

With revamped group and bracket stages, Tecmo XIV offers the most amount of games in nearly a decade as well as side events, Tecmo challenges, unbelievable raffle prizes for charity and so much more. We've added NBA Jam singles and doubles as well as a Tetris World Championship qualifier! Tecmo XIV is an event to not be missed. 

 

See you at the championships!
-Dave & Tecmo Madison Crew

 

Please read –> Tournament registrations are for the registrant only. Our tournament is an open-seeded bracket. Any giveaway or exchange of hands is not allowed.

Registrations are non-refundable. If you are unable to make the event, please be upfront. Don’t be the guy who no-shows. Spots are limited and coveted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what kind of scores are needed in Tetris to be legit? I'm thinking of entering but I'm not into Tetris enough to do if it if I'm just another chump who was good among their friends 20 years ago. Tried searching around the internet and looks like the lows can be under 100,000 and the highs are pushing 1,000,000. Seems like too wide a spread for me to not be understanding something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lamefest said:

Anyone know what kind of scores are needed in Tetris to be legit? I'm thinking of entering but I'm not into Tetris enough to do if it if I'm just another chump who was good among their friends 20 years ago. Tried searching around the internet and looks like the lows can be under 100,000 and the highs are pushing 1,000,000. Seems like too wide a spread for me to not be understanding something. 

 

If you are looking to win, pushing 200,000 needs to be feasible consistently. :D:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

 

If you are looking to win, pushing 200,000 needs to be feasible consistently. :D:D 

 

Damn, quick on the reply. Thanks man. 

 

No shit, eh. This may be in my wheel house with a little shake of the rust. My wife will be super excited to hear I'm considering playing in tourney's for a 2nd 30 year old video game!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We are coming up fast to the tournament - the best day of the year... except for Christmas! ;)

 

We are checking in as we are ~70% full and starting to seed. We are missing a few of the strong #1 seeds from last year (you know who you are!) and want to bring awareness to availability. We love our annual players and want to make sure we do everything we can to keep your Tecmo Holiday weekend alive!

 

Let us know if we can write letters to your wives, girlfriends or significant others pleading with them to let you free for your manly weekend of beers, curds & Tecmo! (If you have a gluten sensitivity, I'm sorry. I will personally buy you a Coca-Cola.)

 

If you want to get in on the action, head to this link --> http://tecmo.cc/XIVreg

 

Any questions, please reply and ask! I am here to help.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, davefmurray said:


We are coming up fast to the tournament - the best day of the year... except for Christmas! ;)

 

We are checking in as we are ~70% full and starting to seed. We are missing a few of the strong #1 seeds from last year (you know who you are!) and want to bring awareness to availability. We love our annual players and want to make sure we do everything we can to keep your Tecmo Holiday weekend alive!

 

Let us know if we can write letters to your wives, girlfriends or significant others pleading with them to let you free for your manly weekend of beers, curds & Tecmo! (If you have a gluten sensitivity, I'm sorry. I will personally buy you a Coca-Cola.)

 

If you want to get in on the action, head to this link --> http://tecmo.cc/XIVreg

 

Any questions, please reply and ask! I am here to help.
 

You're going to need a petition with everyone's name on it. Flight and all it could be a one day trip, but convincing a 9 month pregnant woman everything will be OK is no easy task :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

You're going to need a petition with everyone's name on it. Flight and all it could be a one day trip, but convincing a 9 month pregnant woman everything will be OK is no easy task :D

 

Well, I meant group seeds.. but, hey, you are coming bro! :D:D

Sending you magical flight info via text!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×