Wayne, NJ - 05/19/18 - The Jersey Cup

WHAT: The Jersey Cup

WHEN: May 19, 2018 at 11:00am

WHERE: Mothers Ale House, 95 Mountainview Blvd, Wayne, NJ 07470 (Private Party Room downstairs)

BUY-IN:  $25, comes with a Jersey Cup t-shirt and one raffle ticket for all door prizes. To be paid the day of tournament.

EQUIPMENT: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

RULES: "Tecmo Madison" Rules

FORMAT: Pool Play followed by single elimination bracket. Championship will be a best of 3 series for the Cup!

PRIZES: Cash prizes for the top 3 participants. Winner will be the first one to ever hoist the Jersey Cup! Winners name and year will be engraved, then shipped/delivered to winner. Winner will have possession of the Jersey Cup until the following years tourney.

WEBSITE: www.jerseycuptecmo.com and www.facebook.com/NJTecmo/

HOW TO REGISTER: Email [email protected], or put your name in the thread listed below.

Any questions please post below or email [email protected].

Edited by Deviled Greg

• DFM changed the title to Wayne, NJ - 05/19/18 - The Jersey Cup
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy Holidays everyone! Under my tree was an autographed Joe Montana 16x20 Tecmo Super Bowl poster signed by Joe Cool himself! Thought it would be a great raffle prize for the Jersey Cup! Everyone registered and in attendance will get one raffle ticket towards this bad boy with an option to buy additional tickets the day of. (Also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and a picture of Joe signing the poster) 4 1/2 months until Tecmo returns to the Northeast!

IMG_4290.thumb.jpg.0311e310d838b75dc09700e64afe6832.jpg

• DFM pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

A little Super Bowl Sunday treat. Here are some of the raffle prizes for the Jersey Cup. Every participant will get one raffle ticket and a chance to buy more tickets the day of. Raffle winners will get their choice of any of the Tier 2 prizes which include a Warren Moon McFarlane figure, a "History of Football" beer stein, a Bo Jackson bobble head with "Player 1" light above his head, and Funko Pop figures of LT and Deion Sanders.

Then we will raffle off the main prize, a Joe Montana autographed Tecmo Super Bowl framed poster.

Also, details have been updated on original post. 

IMG_0040.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I know we're still a couple months away, but since this is our inaugural tournament just wanted to get a sense of interest for it. If you're interested in attending please shoot me a quick email at [email protected] with your name, tecmo nickname, hometown and t-shirt size. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!  

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, oklahoma said:

Can we get a shard out on the Madison FB feed maybe get a little local hype going for this... Look at that cup, its worthy.. @davefmurray

For sure. Gotta get through Madison and then we can start the hype train.

Having a tourney super close before/after Madison is definitely going to hurt any hype train from my end. We'll have a good 3 weeks though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very long shot that I can make this. I'll be in NYC up until Thursday for work, so would need to get the travel extended.  Do you have a feel for either field size or how long you expect it to take?  If it holds to single elim after group play, that shouldn't take too long, and perhaps I can make a flight back home that night. I ask because several tourneys have flipped from expected single elim to double elim in the middle of the tournament in the past.

7 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

Very long shot that I can make this. I'll be in NYC up until Thursday for work, so would need to get the travel extended.  Do you have a feel for either field size or how long you expect it to take?  If it holds to single elim after group play, that shouldn't take too long, and perhaps I can make a flight back home that night. I ask because several tourneys have flipped from expected single elim to double elim in the middle of the tournament in the past.

No, its definitely still single elim, all the way up to the finals which will be a best of 3 series. As of now we are at 32 guys. Love to have you if you can make it work. 

3 hours ago, Deviled Greg said:

No, its definitely still single elim, all the way up to the finals which will be a best of 3 series. As of now we are at 32 guys. Love to have you if you can make it work. 

Great, thanks for letting me know.  I will post a message if the stars align for me. If not, best of luck to all!