chunter

Does Madden Have a Monopoly on NFL License?

Will Koei Tecmo ever release a new version of this game for PC, Xbox or playstation?  Or is that impossible because Madden has a monopoly on the NFL license?

One can always dream...maybe they can release a new updated game, with updated graphics and mechanics and just have an easy way to update rosters and plug in pics for the helmets?  So, people could easily put in the new NFL roster without having Koei Tecmo pay for it or deal with it?

Wasn't Family Fun Football for the wii a scrapped TSB game?

I hate madden but there has been no decent competition since all pro 2k6, blitz the league 2 and backbreaker.

6 hours ago, GRG said:

Wasn't Family Fun Football for the wii a scrapped TSB game?

Actually, no! I spoke to Koei Tecmo about this last year during Tecmo Madison prep. Tecmo Japan wanted to spin a new American Football franchise because Tecmo Bowl sales for the prior generations were pretty awful. They thought that a fun "family" game was the way to go because the Wii was a family console. Well, not to our surprise, the sales were even worse.

They told us this would be the last Tecmo produced football game because the American Football market is too controlled and that the fans at large are not looking for anything new or different. They said they will continue to license to the right partners but there hasn't been a good partner candidate in a long, long time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ShowMeYourTDs
      Hi Everyone,
      So I started editing the original 12 Tecmo Bowl for a 2018 roster update, which will eventually be 3 total updated roms,  one with the original 12 teams,  and the other 2 will consist of the other 20 teams plus a few reappearances of teams from the original 12.  When I run Tecmo Bowl Manager on my laptop and load the rom, I see the changes I have made to the rom.  However, If I copy the rom over to my android phone and run it on my emulator, none of the changes I have made are reflected.  The rom essentially looks untouched.  Anyone else have this happen?  
    • By ShowMeYourTDs
      I have seen the documentation for editing the 32 team Tecmo Bowl via a hex editor but I was just curious to see if anyone has tried to modify the Tecmo Bowl Manager created by Emuware.  I know that it was designed to allow users to edit the original 12 team rom but has anyone tried to alter it so that it will edit 32 team tecmo bowl roms?    
    • By LastSuperpower
      Does anyone have access to the Tecmo Bowl Kickoff instruction manual?

I can't find any pdf's or anything through google. 
    • By chunter
      My son recently bought Madden 16 for Xbox One.  It's my first time playing it since my super Nintendo days.  I have to say the passing is really good and enjoyable.  Having a different button associated with different receivers makes alot more sense.  But, the running still feels bad.  It feels plastic-ee and laggy.  Switching directions takes too long and takes the fun out of it.
      Has anyone else gotten a taste of the dark side (newer Maddens)?  If so, what are your thoughts?