New York, NY - 10/21/17 - The New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2017

https://northeasttecmo.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/cropped-nelogoheader.png?w=940&h=198&crop=1

The New York City Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2017

When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017- Setup and registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Play will start @ 11:00 AM EST.

Location: Raven's Head Public House, 3804 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11103
(Approx. 15 minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Uptown R train to Steinway Street in Queens)

Desired Number of Participants: 32-48

Buy-in: $30 entry, 20% off via online registration before Oct. 9

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

Tourney Format: Group play will include a minimum of 4 players in each group playing one another in round-robin format. Once group play is completed, all players move on to the bracket and are seeded according to their finish in their group standings and record. The bottom half of the field plays each other in the first round of the bracket. All other players with better records get BYEs. The better you do in group play, the more BYEs you may receive (for some, it may be at least two or three BYEs). The Single Elimination Bracket will decide who will be the NYC Tecmo Super Bowl Champion!

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win raffle prizes throughout the day!

How to Register: Register online at northeasttecmo.com! Tournament entry is $30, but if you pre-register and pay online through Paypal before October 9th, you will receive a 20% discount!

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to [email protected]

Come celebrate seven straight Octobers of Tecmo in Queens at Raven's Head on October 21st!

• 2 weeks later...

Following the spirit of the tournament thread, please let us know if there are any plans or interest in night before/day of/after new player or casual training. Assuming I actually make it, I'd be happy to support. That said, my impression from last year was that most players in the tournament were fairly experienced.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Yo! So I didn't write about this after last year's tournament, because I got sidetracked. Shame on me.

Just wanted to write that I am pumped to once again participate in this year's Raven's Head tournament. Brian and dudes do an exceptional job setting up a great tournament. As a tournament host, Brian is awesome. I can imagine it is not an easy thing to keep all of the moving pieces organized throughout the tournament, so I want to show Brian and crew the love they deserve.

THANK YOU, GENTLEMEN for setting this shit up. We players truly do appreciate your efforts.

See all of you f*ckers next weekend, where I will not make the same amateur mistake this year by giving someone Deion Sanders to run all over me... and yes, I'm still pissed about that.

Looking forward to another fun NYC Tourney. I'm enjoying retirement, and like last year, will be focused only on organizing and keeping things flowing day-of. Like last year, we'll throw a link out that morning for people to view our tracking/score sheet. That means live, constant, fast score updates for all those following along or checking in remotely.

I'll also pause tweeting anti-Trump stuff that day and replace it with observations and silly shit from around the tourney.

• DFM unpinned and pinned this topic

Here's the list of participants.  Right now 29 signed up:

Anthony G
Anthony M
Bo O*
Brad T
Brian R
Chris B*

Damian H
Dave S
David H
Devon S
Erik M
Garrett K*
Greg L
Jim T
Jonathan B
Josh N
Justin A
Kevin S*
Matt D
Mike Mac
Mike Mar*
Patrick B
Ray B*
Sean H
Shawn S
Tom C*
Tom R
Umberto R
Waqqar S*

6 hours ago, oklahoma said:

anyone riding up from PHILLY area want to carpool? whats up w/ Ray?

I wanna but depends. Do previous tourney winners get in for free.. and is giving you $20 enough for gas and tolls. I just came back from ny on a uber ride and tolls were around $40 then gas was like $15. Oh yea Uber only gave me $80 for all that driving and i came back 2:30 hours by myself weeee so basically made $30 for five hours non stop driving and traffic sitting..   anyways what is the prize money?

Thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated our 7th annual NYC Tecmo Super Bowl tournament in Queens. Congrats to Kevin for going undefeated on the day and taking home the first place trophy!  I felt like this year had some of the fiercest all-around competition that the tournament has ever had.  The top 8 finishers were:

1) Kevin S (tadaos)

2) Matt D (Matty D)

3) Shawn S (stalltalk)

4) Erik M (arncoem)

Rounding out the top eight were Jim T (powerade), Chris B (Barletti), Brian R (BadMoonRison), Umberto R (discdolo)

This marks the first time that a NYC Tournament ended on an Overtime game, with Kevin's Browns victorious over Matty's Packers, 13-10.  All top 8 seeds advanced to the Elite 8, which may also be the first time that has happened in NYC Tourney history!

Raffle winners!: Matt B, Anthony M, Mike Mac, and Justin A

Tournament bracket and game results are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ex-dvO5LMKVUGCmcTmYzYlfnS7Ws52hma4h78YYx-kM

Photos:

• DFM unpinned this topic