Milwaukee, WI - 11/04/17 - Tecmo Milwaukee: Who's Next? 11/4

• DFM unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tecmo Milwaukee said:

I will have everything set up on Friday during the day. I will not be able to get there on Friday night until after 8pm. Feel free to play before I get there, but I want those who get there before me contact me first. 

Sounds good, text you? I dont think  i have your number saved.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:37 AM, Darth RockMan said:

The tournament will be streamed as well.  Here is the link.  Tournament starts around 10AM or so.  Will plan on having it up the entire time.  

https://go.twitch.tv/darthrockman

Just a friendly heads up related to streaming from last year, for some reason, the night before the Internet held up when we did the casual games streams/testing, but once the place filled up day of the tournament, it got worse.  I'm guessing a lot of Tyler's(bar owner) patrons have the wifi password.  Your mileage may vary of course, but I had to use a very low bit rate, and the day of the tournament last year, it wasn't stable enough most of the day.  If you have a dedicated alternative method for Internet like a 4G LTE jetpack, that might be a more stable option.  You could also just record locally, then upload later.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a bunch of smaller video files with gaps in between.

Best of luck everyone!

16 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Just a friendly heads up related to streaming from last year, for some reason, the night before the Internet held up when we did the casual games streams/testing, but once the place filled up day of the tournament, it got worse.  I'm guessing a lot of Tyler's(bar owner) patrons have the wifi password.  Your mileage may vary of course, but I had to use a very low bit rate, and the day of the tournament last year, it wasn't stable enough most of the day.  If you have a dedicated alternative method for Internet like a 4G LTE jetpack, that might be a more stable option.  You could also just record locally, then upload later.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a bunch of smaller video files with gaps in between.

Best of luck everyone!

Thanks for the heads up!   @trojan1979    I used a hot spot at Tundra bowl and it worked a lot better.   Don't have the ability to do that this year.  =(    I'm going to stop by Boomers today and check it out.    If someone has the ability to setup a hot spot on their phone it would probably work a lot better.   Uses a lot of data though.   But when it's for Tecmo it's all worth it, right?    If anyone has that ability hit me up!   

13 hours ago, Darth RockMan said:

Thanks for the heads up!   @trojan1979    I used a hot spot at Tundra bowl and it worked a lot better.   Don't have the ability to do that this year.  =(    I'm going to stop by Boomers today and check it out.    If someone has the ability to setup a hot spot on their phone it would probably work a lot better.   Uses a lot of data though.   But when it's for Tecmo it's all worth it, right?    If anyone has that ability hit me up!   

When you are there, you can ask him to reboot his router the night before, which will probably help things a bit as well.  It wasn't feasible to run a wire or anything to his router based on its actual location if memory serves.  I hope it all holds up.  Way to do your homework buddy!

Was great seeing everyone yesterday!    Congratulations to Regulator and special thanks to Jon and Rico for running the tournament.   Thanks to Troy for the tips on the stream and also for the feedback during!   

Can't believe JoeyGats is in WI now.   As if it wasn't hard enough to win a tournament in the area.   lol    

Well shit, it only took me 7 years and 9 tournies to actually win some money but we're on the board. Thanks Jon and Rico for all your time and effort, and Jon for intercepting me thrice with Swilling.  That was quite the good field, and I had a hell of a lot of fun being this year's random dude in the Final Four. If I'm gonna go out, there's no better way than a Mort JJ to get knocked from a tourney. 

Thanks for doing the stream Darthrockman. It was cool to go back and watch my game against Mort.  Hopefully you'll no longer need Justin G. to tell you that Justin G. is that guy who's a real fucking asshole before you can find Justin G.

And Flo. If only. If only you could have beat Mort so you could have had your shot. Now you can think about 35-14 for six months until Madison. Enjoy!

Edited by Lamefest

This was a really fun tournament and I like the format of the 9-10 player round robin groups. Guarantees a lot of games and fun to play stiff competition. It was fun getting to see everyone as usual. I've come to the conclusion that if I keep my drinking under control, I make a lot less mistakes..... What a drag

On 11/6/2017 at 11:39 AM, regulator088 said:

This was a really fun tournament and I like the format of the 9-10 player round robin groups. Guarantees a lot of games and fun to play stiff competition. It was fun getting to see everyone as usual. I've come to the conclusion that if I keep my drinking under control, I make a lot less mistakes..... What a drag

This is a terrible realization. I think you need a poll from the other players to determine the number of drinks you consume in the future. 

• DFM unpinned this topic