Milwaukee, WI - 11/04/17 - Tecmo Milwaukee: Who's Next? 11/4

Tecmo Milwaukee Presents: Who's Next?

Date: 11/4

Player field projected at 48 players. Max players cutoff will be at 64 players.
Round robin of Division play followed by single elimination tournament. 
Projected Entry Fee is $40

Game Rules: Tecmo Milwaukee rules/ Tecmo Madison rules
1) Teams will be tiered in 4 groups of 7 teams. 7 Lotto balls will be picked from before each game to determine which tier teams will be picked from. (1 in 7 chance for Tier 1 teams to be picked). 
2) Coin toss winner picks Lotto Ball. Coin Toss Loser picks matchup. Coin toss Winner picks Team or Controller. (Player can only choose a team 1 time during round robin play. Teams resets in tournament play.)
3) Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
4) WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, Mel Gray, Keith Jackson and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
5) No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
6) Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
7) Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8) Tournament Disputes: Rico, Coconuts, Troy and myself.
9) Controllers: Tournament competitors are not allowed to bring their own controller to use in games unless approved prior to tournament. Tournament organizers will coordinate obtaining equipment for the competition.

Entry Deadline is 11/1
Email address: [email protected]

Top 8 places paid out. 

Each tournament has been a huge success fielding a very competitive playing field coming from all parts of the country. The venue is fantastic with great service, food and of course Adult Solutions. Our set up is fantastic with game play moving fast and furious. There is large interest already for this tournament. Don’t miss out!

Thank you,

Hardy Nickerson

• DFM changed the title to Milwaukee, WI - 11/04/17 - Tecmo Milwaukee: Who's Next? 11/4
  • DFM pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

This is in the Rule List

4) WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, Mel Gray, Keith Jackson and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.

1 hour ago, hankthetank said:

This is in the Rule List

Yup, Mel Gray is listed in there even though he is a running back.

Also

On 7/31/2017 at 8:25 PM, Tecmo Milwaukee said:

and of course Adult Solutions

I think this means drinks that contain alcohol but it also happens to be the name of the glory hole at the Tomczak Bowl

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is guys.  Been traveling for work and I haven't been able to do the usual push for registrations.  Dave and Rico have offered to help.  I should be able to crank it back up in two weeks.  We have 20+ confirmed and I really like to have 40 or more like we've had.  Don't take lack of responses on here from me as something of putting on a halfass tourney.  

11 hours ago, Tecmo Milwaukee said:

Here it is guys.  Been traveling for work and I haven't been able to do the usual push for registrations.  Dave and Rico have offered to help.  I should be able to crank it back up in two weeks.  We have 20+ confirmed and I really like to have 40 or more like we've had.  Don't take lack of responses on here from me as something of putting on a halfass tourney.  

It was more a distinct lack of trash talking on here that was concerning. 

@regulator088 told me he hopes @joeygats shows up again so he can embarrass him Dallas-style because sober Reg is the LeBron of Tecmo. He also said that it doesn't matter how much magnesium @hankthetank shoves down @joeygats throat. He will destroy every supplement taking Tecmo human on the planet.

2 hours ago, davefmurray said:

@regulator088 told me he hopes @joeygats shows up again so he can embarrass him Dallas-style because sober Reg is the LeBron of Tecmo. He also said that it doesn't matter how much magnesium @hankthetank shoves down @joeygats throat. He will destroy every supplement taking Tecmo human on the planet.

giphy.gif

image.thumb.png.e56e346aafa1d2b73412ba171f4eae46.png

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

This thread contains one of the top 5 glory hole jokes ever keyed into this site. I'm not really an upvote hunter but consider me bummed out.

Meh, you could have done much, much better. I mean, that joke is like receiving a medium sized shirt after ordering a XL, it works, but not as well as you would think. 

You work in a trenchcoat reference into your glory hole/adult solutions joke, then you have gold, all the tecmo gold.*

*subject to people in xxxl shirts trying to steal your gold

20 hours ago, davefmurray said:

I beg to differ sir. 10 bucks says if we ingest equally on the supplements, I whoop everyone's monkey ass from here to Jabroni Drive. 

On 9/22/2017 at 10:47 AM, davefmurray said:

i cant take that much pressure lol seriously dont wanna have to do any serious tournies besides madison but will see. and yes reg is the king

12 hours ago, joeygats said:

i cant take that much pressure lol seriously dont wanna have to do any serious tournies besides madison but will see. and yes reg is the king

Gats brother you're putting too much pressure on yourself if you can drive me home from any of these tournaments after I get drunk off my ass I will consider it a success no matter how many games you win.

On 9/25/2017 at 12:06 PM, davefmurray said:

Most of which you texted me from an unlisted number.

On 9/26/2017 at 10:01 AM, regulator088 said:

"Your discretion is legendary"

I hate you both and desire for some kind of vengeance to be wreaked upon you and your houses. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking there is a 95% chance that I will be at this.  I had a great time last year, loved the format, and it is a great location.  I thought it was pretty cool that I was able to get 10 games in, and I was surprised that I was able to win 5 of them.