TSB trivia game

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

^^^

Answering before you post is a good idea...

*BUMP*ing after 25 minutes is even better.

And I'm gonna say "JJJ" - Jimmy Jam Jensen

I seriously can't stop f*CC!n laughing...................(tears man, tears) :) ......I did not expect that.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:20 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Who's the only player in the HISTORY of Tecmobowl  to score over 20 points in a D-1 NCAA basketball game vs the 90' UNLV Runnin' Rebels , shoot a 3 over Larry Johnson, and dunk on Stacie Augmon........????????  

Johnny Johnson scored 23 on UNLV in 1989.  Most of the San Jose St team quit so he joined.  Since it was 1989, Larry Johnson wasn't actually on this team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Knobbe can answer if you were correct @Tecmo man  Ken Clark would be my guess too...

I was reminiscing to when TSB came out and the actual season that was, perusing the 1991 season results and found some great tecmo nuggets.

First off, did you know that in 1991 a TSB QB scored the game winning TD for the Patriots to beat the Bills? Can you name him?

Couple of other nuggets, I mean there were 2 teams that finished with 10 wins and did not make the playoffs in 1991. Can you name them? Can you name the 12 teams that DID make the playoffs in 1991. The Bills lost their 2nd straight Super Bowl that year, this time to the Redskins. One of the teams that went to the playoffs was the lone loser to the 1-15 Indy Colts that season. Which 1991 playoff team lost to the Colts that year? Fun to compare what we know of the game with teams to reflect how their 1991s should have turned out with what actually happened.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

A bunch of us did something like this at Madison. Here's the killer question that stumped everyone. 

Name the Rams DL. No one could even get one unless we looked it up - even Orenga, Mort, no one.

Bill Goldberg

Edited by hankthetank

On 4/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, Coconuts said:

Name the Rams DL. No one could even get one unless we looked it up - even Orenga, Mort, no one.

I've gone out of my way not to look this up whatsoever.

My personal guess (after much meditation/ zen orchestration) is,

Doug Smith

Alvin Wright

Mike Fox

Amirite?

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

I've gone out of my way not to look this up whatsoever.

My personal guess (after much meditation/ zen orchestration) is,

Doug Smith

Alvin Wright

Mike Fox

Amirite?

You got 2! Big, big props to you. Mike Fox is incorrect - Brian Smith is the other. 3 very generic sounding names.

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

You got 2! Big, big props to you. Mike Fox is incorrect - Brian Smith is the other. 3 very generic sounding names.

I had a second thought about Mike Fox - was gonna say "Doug Reed"...  But then I had a second thought about Doug Smith;  is Doug Smith right, or is it supposed to be BRIAN Smith?

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I had a second thought about Mike Fox - was gonna say "Doug Reed"...  But then I had a second thought about Doug Smith;  is Doug Smith right, or is it supposed to be BRIAN Smith?

Er wait yeah you're right 

I have several Trivia Questions I came up with

1-Which Kicker in Tecmo was the last NFL Player to make a bare footed Field Goal?

2-Which Quarterback in Tecmo only played in 1 NFL game and threw a total of 2 passes?

3-Who was the first player in Tecmo to be inducted in the Hall of Fame?

4-Which 2 Buffalo Bills in Tecmo ended up winning a Superbowl?

5-Which Indianapolis Colts player in Tecmo never actually played a down for the Colts?

6-Which Tecmo team has 3 players on its skill team (RB,WR,TE) that were at least trialed for murder?

7-Which Tecmo player was once pictured on a cover of Sports Illustrated with the caption "Too Vicious For The NFL?"

8-Name as many Tecmo Players that were drafted in the 1984 supplemental Draft.  (There are 18 to my count)

9-Who is the oldest player in the game?

10-Which Tecmo Player played in the most NFL games?

Edited by hankthetank

On 1/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, kamphuna8 said:

I was reminiscing to when TSB came out and the actual season that was, perusing the 1991 season results and found some great tecmo nuggets.

First off, did you know that in 1991 a TSB QB scored the game winning TD for the Patriots to beat the Bills? Can you name him?

On 1/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, kamphuna8 said:

Couple of other nuggets, I mean there were 2 teams that finished with 10 wins and did not make the playoffs in 1991. Can you name them?

Can you name the 12 teams that DID make the playoffs in 1991. The Bills lost their 2nd straight Super Bowl that year, this time to the Redskins.

One of the teams that went to the playoffs was the lone loser to the 1-15 Indy Colts that season. Which 1991 playoff team lost to the Colts that year?

9 hours ago, hankthetank said:

I have several Trivia Questions I came up with

1-Which Kicker in Tecmo was the last NFL Player to make a bare footed Field Goal? Tony Franklin (I keed, I keed)

2-Which Quarterback in Tecmo only played in 1 NFL game and threw a total of 2 passes? Mike Elkins

3-Who was the first player in Tecmo to be inducted in the Hall of Fame? Jackie Slater?

4-Which 2 Buffalo Bills in Tecmo ended up winning a Superbowl? Don Beebe and Leon Seals?

5-Which Indianapolis Colts player in Tecmo never actually played a down for the Colts? good one...

6-Which Tecmo team has 3 players on its skill team (RB,WR,TE) that were at least trialed for murder? Killah Kane and the Seahawks (one of those deaths let to a night off work for me...)

7-Which Tecmo player was once pictured on a cover of Sports Illustrated with the caption "Too Vicious For The NFL?" Romanowski?

8-Name as many Tecmo Players that were drafted in the 1984 supplemental Draft.  (There are 18 to my count) USFL Players? Reggie White, Kelvin Bryant, Richard Johnson (the speedy WR), Clarence Verdin, Vaughn Johnson, Anthony Carter, JoJoTownsell, Perry Kemp, Mike Rozier, Mel Gray, Barney Bussey, James Wilder?, Hershel Walker?, Warren Moon? (my only CFL guess), Maurice Carthon, Harry Sydney, Keith Millard, ... thats all i got

9-Who is the oldest player in the game? a keeker

10-Which Tecmo Player played in the most NFL games? Morten Anderson?

2 Mike Elkins is correct 1 of his 2 passes was a pick
4-Don Beebe is correct Leon Seals is incorrect
6-Correct the Other two are Brian Blades and Derrick Fenner
8-Reggie White, Clarence Verdin, Vaughn Johnsson, Mike Rozier, Mel Gray

All Correct That leaves 13 more
10-Morten Anderson is correct

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 4:50 AM, Bolt said:

^^^

Answering before you post is a good idea...

*BUMP*ing after 25 minutes is even better.

And I'm gonna say "JJJ" - Jimmy Jam Jensen

@~Tailback King~ is going to employ the services of both JJ and JJJ this summer at Cascadia Effin Tecmo Season 2. #TrueStory