Garden City, NY - 08/12/17 - LI Retro Tecmo Tourney

ki0HpWl8idnquYq3adhUL8BAwZ0oSX4l+dmzWHGd

http://expo.liretro.com/

When: Saturday, August 12th, 2017- Registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Setup starts @ 11:00 AM; Play will start @ 12:00 PM EST.

Location: Cradle of Aviation Museum, Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530

Desired Number of Participants: 32

Sign-Up: https://smash.gg/tournament/long-island-retro-gaming-expo/register
Tournament is Free for first time tournament players; $15 cash buy-in for anyone who has participated in a Tecmo tournament before

Tourney Format: Format will likely be double elimination.  All rookie players will be randomly assigned another rookie player and all tournament veterans assigned a tournament vet for the first round as space permits. All winners of first round matchup will be randomly assigned another winner of a first round matchup (same for loser’s bracket). Each round will be randomly assigned until only one Champion remains!

Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win a raffle prize just for entering.  Top first time player will receive one free future entry into any Northeast Tecmo Tournament!

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

How to Register: Register here:  https://smash.gg/tournament/long-island-retro-gaming-expo/register

Team Selection for Each Matchup: A coin will be flipped before each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.

Note about Matchups: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Rams-Broncos, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.

Rules:

Equipment Failure: If equipment fails during the game, games will be replayed from the start unless it is halftime. After halftime, scores are taken from the half and another half is played. Scores from each half are added together to form final score. Ties are allowed in pool play.  If the game is tied in elimination play, then a new game is started with the first person to score being the winner.  Any malfunction caused by human error may result in an automatic forfeit due to the discretion of the tournament organizers.
Onside Kicks: Onside Kicks are okay anytime (aka, "at your own risk").
Lurching: Lurching is not allowed (dive tackling over the line of scrimmage with a DL). DL use is allowed, but you must either go outside the Offensive Tackle or grapple an OL to rush.
WR/TE at RB: Running the ball with a WR or TE from the RB position is prohibited.  WRs or TEs are allowed to run the ball on reverses.

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to NYTecmo at tecmobowl.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey my dudes. Long story short, my fiance's maid of honor is leaving to go to grad school in the U.K. in 3 weeks and just made an unannounced visit last night and is staying for the weekend. I've been strong armed into a weekend of not my own choosing. Not gonna be able to get to the tournament today, which bums me out big time. Apologies.

BUT, I do want to thank Brian for setting this shit up. When I went to this past October tournament at the RavensHouse or whatever that place is called, it was amazing. Brian was a consummate pro about managing the event with the other dudes involved. Good guy all.

Have fun dudes. I'll be there in spirit!

Thanks to all who came out on Saturday to play in the second LI Retro Tecmo Super Bowl tournament!  The Expo was amazing and so was the Tecmo.  Your top finishers were:

1st: Matt D

2nd: Erik M

3rd: Kevin S

Special shoutout to Chris B who finished 4th in his first tournament and Greg L who took home 5th in his best finish to date.  Also special thanks to the NHL 94 crew for working with us and letting us borrow a couple of TVs for the opening rounds.  Picture of the finals below (MIA vs SD):

liretro finals 17.jpg

Northeast Tecmo lives again!  On to NYC in October!

• DFM unpinned this topic