Worst Possible Playbook

MvG Sports

Well against a man I would put the matching run 1 with your pass 2 and flea-flicker with the motion in pass 3.  Then you could blow up pretty much any play.  My buddy and I once played a game where it was Pats Colts and we chose each others' playbooks.  He beat me 13-10 and he had 0 yards of offense.   I don't remember exactly what happened except I fumbled in OT!

Against the CPU, any pass play can be effective; this setup is pretty terrible since you're toast on any called play.  The runs are pretty awful as well.  Good job!

I kind of wish on those three matching plays (pitch, reverse, pass 4) had the number above the runners head (who had the ball) delayed showing up a bit longer.  Then they might have been a bit more effective. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rmm1976 said:

@toolie I seem to recall you used some pretty bad playbooks in HSRL and won games with them...  that was impressive hah

Ha!  They were never bad as above!  Sometimes a weird play is effective just because your opponent isn't used to defending it.  Like the wildcat, though, they catch on quick and then it's back to the old standards.  Being able to build a team and position your players makes some weird plays useable. 

17 hours ago, toolie said:

Ha!  They were never bad as above!  Sometimes a weird play is effective just because your opponent isn't used to defending it.  Like the wildcat, though, they catch on quick and then it's back to the old standards.  Being able to build a team and position your players makes some weird plays useable. 

Yeah you a run 3 WR reverse with Rice in HSTL effectivly.  I think if that play could be in run 4 spot it would get used more.

31 minutes ago, segathonsov said:

Yeah you a run 3 WR reverse with Rice in HSTL effectivly.  I think if that play could be in run 4 spot it would get used more.

Back then I was actually running the run 4 reverse but the one in run 3 is a better play, especially with the rest of the motion runs in there. But it sucks having to go without the standard run 3; worth it if you have a fast wr (63+) and a slower RB (44 or maybe even 50).  Getting yards / scoring TDs with the reverse is great for laughs!  I had a blast gaining Sam Graddy in WTF Retro by racking up the rushing yards.