Des Moines, IA - 11/11/2017 - Iowa Tecmo 4

noonan

I went to "The Keg Stand" which is our venue for the Nov11th tourney and took my laptop to test out the streaming.  They have 1.8mb upload on their wireless connection and it worked perfectly.  https://www.twitch.tv/iowatecmo
So at least we'll have a quality stream running.

30 minutes ago, bruddog said:

@noonan Is the wireless connection dedicated only to the stream? B/C if not once there are a bunch of people using the wireless(with their phones) I can't imagine that would be enough. 

We'll be good.  I had to get the wifi password from the staff.... wasn't tough to figure out by guessing.  I will remind our participants not use the xxxxx wifi signal just in case.

On 4/10/2017 at 12:45 PM, noonan said:

WHAT: Iowa Tecmo 4

WHEN: November 11th, 2017, 12:00pm CST

WHERE: The Keg Stand, 3530 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266 https://www.facebook.com/thekegstand

Buy-in: $20 and Military Veterans get FREE ENTRY

Registration: Please pre-register at http://www.iowatecmo.com/registration.htm.  Registration allowed same day but we'd prefer to know who is coming to pre-seed each pool.

Rules: http://www.iowatecmo.com/rules.htm

Format: Pool Play then Double-Elim Tournament

Prizes: Top finishers receive cash money

Live Stream: Likey depending on venue internet connection. https://www.twitch.tv/iowatecmo

Past Champions:

2016 - Kyle N. (thegamer1185)

2014 - Ira M.

2013 - Jeremy S (Hawkeye98)

2017 Registered Participants (current):

@ImFlo, Elgin, IL

Joey Gats  ( not sure if he'll show, since Hank the Tank signed him up)

Kyle Nelson ( @thegamer1185), Exira, IA

Randy Wagner, Lincoln, NE

Luke Carlberg ( @ArtVandelay ), Omaha, NE

Jake Ironside ( @Beef Juice), Dubuque, IA

Hank De Wild (Hank the Tank), Green Bay, WI

Cory Schultes ( @noonan), Johnston, Iowa

@justinpeters51, Fort Dodge, IA

Jeremy Schroeder, @hawkeye98, Bondurant, IA

Bryan Paseka, Lincoln, NE

Eric Johnson, Ankeny, IA

Ryan Johnson, Ankeny, IA

Drew Carson, Norwalk, IA

Michael Gill, Des Moines, IA

Tony James, @Dotdon, Granger, IA

DYKES (Kramer J), Green Fields, IA

Kris K, Clear Lake, IA

Jeff E ( @Jebigred), Altoona, IA

Matthew Thomas (CasualT), Ankeny, IA

Is this the updated list?

9 hours ago, regulator088 said:

To bad teleportation isn't a thing yet.... 6.5 hours of driving is to far

@regulator088 No problem... this is a good regional event... and no ill-thoughts to those that can't make it.

Most of us Iowans will head to Dubuque which is a few hours closer for most in the mid-states.

15 hours ago, regulator088 said:

To bad teleportation isn't a thing yet.... 6.5 hours of driving is to far

Hmm Gats has got to be the favorite then and it is confirmed we should be there Friday night if there is a day before get together

4 hours ago, hankthetank said:

Hmm Gats has got to be the favorite then and it is confirmed we should be there Friday night if there is a day before get together

Some of us have discussed that, as the bar/venue is open Friday evening.  Personally, I'll be at the Foo Fighters concert, so we have nothing official setup for Friday evening.
Our setup will begin at 10am Saturday for our 11:30a-12pm kickoff.

13 hours ago, noonan said:

In related news... @Dotdon was just elected Mayor of the City of Granger, Iowa.  Contratulations!

First order of business... rename town to "Tecmo City"

I knew you had leadership qualities when you were the Chieftain of a Burning Mort tribe!

Wish I could make it down to Iowa this weekend to  Des Moines.  Whoop it up and post online so I can live vicariously through you guys 

As is my now standard (semi-joking) mantra :

The eyes of the world and the Tecmo Madison seeding committee are upon you. Play well, have fun, lose to the guys you're supposed to lose to, beat the guys you are supposed to beat, and above all things make my life as easy as possible when organizing groups for In The Ware Tonight. 

8 hours ago, qb_browns said:

As is my now standard (semi-joking) mantra :

The eyes of the world and the Tecmo Madison seeding committee are upon you. Play well, have fun, lose to the guys you're supposed to lose to, beat the guys you are supposed to beat, and above all things make my life as easy as possible when organizing groups for In The Ware Tonight. 

@qb_browns I hear ya.  This tournament will be documented and results posted according to Murray's/Madison submission standards...

However.... although this tournament will meet all criteria as a Madison qualifier, I was never contacted/confirmed that Iowa Tecmo would be one of these qualifiers/mid-major.  Regardless we run our shop like it would be... so take our results.... acknowledge our top players and organize your groups accordingly. 

Don't forget to check out our stream...  www.twitch.tv/iowatecmo

35 minutes ago, noonan said:

@qb_browns I hear ya.  This tournament will be documented and results posted according to Murray's/Madison submission standards...

However.... although this tournament will meet all criteria as a Madison qualifier, I was never contacted/confirmed that Iowa Tecmo would be one of these qualifiers/mid-major.  Regardless we run our shop like it would be... so take our results.... acknowledge our top players and organize your groups accordingly. 

yyzFklj.gif

2 hours ago, noonan said:

I watch the results for all the tournaments - the official qualifiers have some added bonuses and stuff, but I take into account games played in tournaments between known players. If there is a coin flip between two guys for a specific seed in a region, I look at recent results, then potential head to head results, and historical results from previous tournaments. 

Like I said, just don't lose to guys you should beat :)