Avon Lake, OH - 08/05/17 - Tecmo Cleveland

CURRENT REG POSTED HERE FOR REFERENCE (ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.TECMOCLEVELAND.COM/REGISTRANTS
1. MANEEZY
2. MANEEZY +1
3. TUGBOAT
4. CAPTAINCOX
5. KIRKW12
6. JIMSOCKS13
7. JOEMAMA
8. THE ULTIMATE WEAPON
9. DP
10. NOTROGER
11. BIGMIKE
12. WARRENMOON
13. ASTAR
14. ASTAR +1
15. DR RICKLES
16. UPRIGHT
17. LINCOLNHAWK
18. KIKI
19. BEEFJENKY
20. DELONTE 'JESUS' WEST 
21. MJSFALCON
22. MISORAMEN45
23. HOT RANCH
24. ELI'S APPLE
25. KEVIN CABARELLO
26. CHEDDAR
27. SPANEL

1 hour ago, TheRook said:

Do all the prelims gatherings give free entry to first place?

Is there a max number of signups for this tourney?

Yes, all prelims give attendees a chance for free entry if they win first place. There are no max sign-ups for these tournaments as they support the larger Tecmo Cleveland effort and local bars/restaurants. If you win an entry at one of the tournaments by coming in first, I would just not be able to honor another free entry because it's demoralizing to all other attendees, if that makes sense? We've yet to have this problem yet as someone new/different has won each time - which is great! But, by all means come to as many as you want until you win and even beyond that *you could always give your entry to the runner-up! 

Edited by TecmoCleveland

We will do walk-ins the day of, but we'll likely have to cut it off by 11-11:30 because the tournament is scheduled to start at noon and there won't be any day of discount or guarantee of shirt size/availability. If you register ahead of time it's just easier/cheaper for everyone overall but we get the scheduling thing is a challenge too. 

I signed up and registered for this tournament a while back, but recently have been fortunate enough to attend few of the "promo events"

These have been a lot of fun and the excitement is building for the main event on Saturday, August 5th!

During these events, I have had the privilege of meeting and getting to know Tom (TecmoCleveland).

While he is relatively new to the Tecmo community on this forum, he and a group of friends have been hosting tournaments in their basements for many years.

It is always great to come across new players and hear these types of stories.

He has great passion for the game we all know and love - and put forth a tremendous amount of time and effort promoting this tournament.

There are already over 30 players signed up and confirmed to participate with a little less than a month to go!

As several of you know, I hosted (or assisted with) a few tournaments in the Cleveland area several years ago and have participated in many others (Madison, Cincy, Detroit, Buffalo, Columbus, etc.).  However, I never promoted mine to the scale Tom has through social media and having events leading up to the main event.  He has done a nice job selecting some unique venues for these events on both the east and west side of Cleveland such as Happy Dog, Hofbrauhas, Ohio Beer Garden, 16-Bit Bar, etc.

After attending some of these promotional events and getting to know Tom, I am convinced that this will be an awesome event for everyone who can make it!

Cleveland is a short drive (less than 4 hours) from these other cities that have hosted Tecmo Tournaments:

-1.25 hours from Youngstown, OH

-1.5 hours from Salem, OH

-1.75 hours from Beaver Falls, PA

-2.25 hours from Columbus, OH

-3 hours from Buffalo, NY

-3.5 hours from Detroit, MI

-3.75 hours from Cincinnati, OH

Long live Tecmo!

On 7/8/2017 at 11:30 AM, The Ultimate Weapon said:

I signed up and registered for this tournament a while back, but recently have been fortunate enough to attend few of the "promo events"

These have been a lot of fun and the excitement is building for the main event on Saturday, August 5th!

During these events, I have had the privilege of meeting and getting to know Tom (TecmoCleveland).

While he is relatively new to the Tecmo community on this forum, he and a group of friends have been hosting tournaments in their basements for many years.

It is always great to come across new players and hear these types of stories.

He has great passion for the game we all know and love - and put forth a tremendous amount of time and effort promoting this tournament.

There are already over 30 players signed up and confirmed to participate with a little less than a month to go!

As several of you know, I hosted (or assisted with) a few tournaments in the Cleveland area several years ago and have participated in many others (Madison, Cincy, Detroit, Buffalo, Columbus, etc.).  However, I never promoted mine to the scale Tom has through social media and having events leading up to the main event.  He has done a nice job selecting some unique venues for these events on both the east and west side of Cleveland such as Happy Dog, Hofbrauhas, Ohio Beer Garden, 16-Bit Bar, etc.

After attending some of these promotional events and getting to know Tom, I am convinced that this will be an awesome event for everyone who can make it!

Cleveland is a short drive (less than 4 hours) from these other cities that have hosted Tecmo Tournaments:

-1.25 hours from Youngstown, OH

-1.5 hours from Salem, OH

-1.75 hours from Beaver Falls, PA

-2.25 hours from Columbus, OH

-3 hours from Buffalo, NY

-3.5 hours from Detroit, MI

-3.75 hours from Cincinnati, OH

Long live Tecmo!

Thanks so much Ryan - I really appreciate the kind words - I'm trying my hardest to make this thing awesome for everyone and your support is contagious too!

Hot off the press - Tecmo Cleveland featured by local press at PressureLife Cleveland Magazine - the full article is here: 

http://pressurelife.com/tecmo-cleveland-touchdown/ 

Great stuff - and I gave a shout out to the larger TecmoBowl.org and Madison community as well - thanks again @davefmurray - gave you a direct shout out as well - wanted to make sure you guys are recognized for the great community you've built. It's amazing. 

I'd say pretty much every dollar coming in is going out the door - I'm definitely losing money overall with investment in new consoles, tvs, games, controllers, prizes, shirts, venue, signage, etc. but I do it b/c I love it and want to grow this thing grassroots and with you guys. I'm doing the grand-prize pool based on % of registration; so right now today with 48 registrants that puts us at 63% of goal so grand prize would currently sit at and around $315. If we get to the full 76 registrants we'll be at $500 grand prize; which I'm hoping we'll be able to do. We're having a piece go out on local news (channel 19 & 43 later this week) and we were in the large Cleveland paper, Plain Dealer on Saturday - and have seen a definite spike in reg. 

But I don't know the exact % dollar for dollar; I'm calculating based on percent to goal of registration because there are so many of the other hard cost variables (above). Plus, with giving away some registrations for events, discount codes, etc. I don't have a definitive dollar for dollar calculation. Hope this helps! Thanks. Tom 

1 hour ago, TecmoCleveland said:

I'd say pretty much every dollar coming in is going out the door - I'm definitely losing money overall with investment in new consoles, tvs, games, controllers, prizes, shirts, venue, signage, etc. but I do it b/c I love it and want to grow this thing grassroots and with you guys. I'm doing the grand-prize pool based on % of registration; so right now today with 48 registrants that puts us at 63% of goal so grand prize would currently sit at and around $315. If we get to the full 76 registrants we'll be at $500 grand prize; which I'm hoping we'll be able to do. We're having a piece go out on local news (channel 19 & 43 later this week) and we were in the large Cleveland paper, Plain Dealer on Saturday - and have seen a definite spike in reg. 

But I don't know the exact % dollar for dollar; I'm calculating based on percent to goal of registration because there are so many of the other hard cost variables (above). Plus, with giving away some registrations for events, discount codes, etc. I don't have a definitive dollar for dollar calculation. Hope this helps! Thanks. Tom 

Wait you had to pay.for the venue??? If you have 48 beer drinkers they should not charge you nothing for the venue. That's we have em at bars. Ok And i suggest MyName is Tags. Edit= Just 1st and 2nd get paid?

Edited by red98sethuthut